Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:54:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  False Christs, Prophets and Teachers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: False Christs, Prophets and Teachers  (Read 12510 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 11:12:49 AM »

Amen And Amen!

Brothers and Sisters, the value of the full-strength WORD of GOD can't be overstated. We've had thousands of false prophets and false teachers over the last several hundred years. Some of them absolutely amaze me because they were identified and proven as false over and over again, but their congregations didn't throw them out or go elsewhere.

If there is 100% proof that a prophecy didn't come true, there is also 100% proof that a false prophet gave the prophecy. One would think this should be more than enough for a person with common sense to say, "We've been lied to, and GOD doesn't lie?" So, why didn't the manufactured religions of people like Ellen G. White and Joseph Smith just die and cease to exist? I don't have a clue, because both made many prophecies that never happened.

Brothers and sisters, I feel very bad for people who have been deceived, and I think that Christians should pray for them every day. Many of them are stuck in horrible cults that require all kinds of weird things, including many things that are illegal and immoral. The sad thing is that they think they are doing what GOD wants them to, but it's just a man or woman play-acting. I mentioned women because many of the false, self-proclaimed prophets and teachers these days are women.

Those who don't measure self-proclaimed prophets and teachers with the Holy Bible are many times even led to mass suicide, lost and in their sins. Or, maybe these people stay in the cult or false religion for a lifetime and still die lost in their sins.  This is very sad, and it's cruel to withhold the TRUTH from them. We might get discouraged because there are so few times that we become aware of helping someone escape from a cult or false religion. BUT, we should remember that GOD promised HIS WORD would never return void. GOD'S WORD keeps working long after we share it, and we might never know how GOD eventually used it. GOD'S Promise should be more than enough to keep us encouraged and sharing.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 04:16:38 PM »

Niagara Falls prophesied
as site of Second Coming
'The revival of Jesus Christ will start right here'
in 2014, says carpenter known as Prophet Isaiah

The Second Coming of Christ will occur in Niagara Falls, Isaiah Robertson believes.

“The revival of Jesus Christ will start right here,” he said. “God said he would take his glory from one of the wonders of the world — and that wonder is Niagara Falls.”

Millions of Christians believe in the Second Coming of Christ, in which the Christian savior will return to earth for a final judgment of both the living and the dead.

According to the Old Testament prophecy, “I will show wonders in the heaven and in the earth: blood and fire and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and terrible day of the Lord.”

Robertson has his own personal take on how things will unfold and has turned his city home, yard and church into symbols of his faith.

“Niagara Falls is a holy place, like Jerusalem,” he said. “The sound of the water going over the falls is the voice of God.”

At the second coming, Robertson believes, the water at the base of the falls will turn into a “lake of fire.”

Three Sisters Islands will be the judgment seat of Jesus, said Robertson, also known by some as Prophet Isaiah, and Goat Island will be where he will separate the sheep, his followers, from the goats, who are rejected in the judgment.

“There will be two ways to go,” he said, “left into the ring of fire or right into eternal salvation.”

People who believe in Jesus will go right, and nonbelievers will go left.

Robertson expects this to happen in 2014. He has erected a 20-foot-tall wooden cross in front of his house on Ontario Avenue to symbolize the Second Coming of Christ.

Before that event, however, total war lasting three years — Armageddon — will break out in the Middle East.

“Millions will die because God is preparing for the rapture,” he said, referring to the ascent to heaven of Christian believers.

The followers of Jesus will be carried away to safety, while those still on earth will face the period of tribulation — seven years of worldwide pestilence, famine and death.

“This world is not our home,” Robertson said. “We are just passing through.”

Robertson’s own home is adorned with religious symbolism, inside and outside. Small rock gardens in the front yard, containing painted stones and thousands of colored beads, represent a variety of biblical prophesies, including the kingdom of heaven and the fire and brimstone of hell.

Robertson, a carpenter by trade, recently spent two years carving intricate designs on the wooden walls of Mount Erie Baptist Church on nearby Fairfield Avenue to illustrate stories from the Bible and symbolize Christian beliefs.

A sign at the side of his house carries this inscription from Luke 17:26: “And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of coming of the son of the living God.” At the bottom of the inscription is his name, Prophet Isaiah, and his telephone number: (716) 282-2994.

The centerpiece of Robertson’s holy home is the handcarved oak cross.

Curious motorists and tourists have been stopping to be photographed next to the cross, he said.

“This cross is straight from God,” Robertson said. “It’s not man’s work. This cross is telling you that the coming of the Lord is at hand. If you walk away from this cross and don’t accept Christ, then you’re lost forever.”

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 05:04:28 PM »

There is so much to be done before His coming..I do not know when and maybe never will until that day..but..until then..I pray the Lord will find me faithful..
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 05:29:46 PM »

There is so much to be done before His coming..I do not know when and maybe never will until that day..but..until then..I pray the Lord will find me faithful..

Amen Maryjane,

That's the best advice for all of us. We need to remember that we are never alone. GOD is with us and in us. When we are weak - HE is strong. We can and should get our day to day strength and encouragement from HIM and HIS WORD. HIS WORD will endure forever, and there is no power stronger than HE is. It's a Promise from GOD that no power can pluck us out of HIS Mighty Hands.

John 10:27-28 NASB
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NASB
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 06:02:59 PM »

I'm Glad I'm smart(knowledge of Gods Word) enough, NOT too follow the Jim Jones & David Koresh's of the world!

It's funny how people become the things they preach against:"FALSE PROPHET"
"The Second Coming of Christ will occur in Niagara Falls, Isaiah Robertson believes."?
OUGH BOY!
OH, I'm sure there'll be someone who believe it!

Someone else who has'nt read the complete word of God...
WE all know when the Lord comes back with his Saints, the 1st place he set's foot is on the Mt.
and the ground splits and moves the graves that have put their so he can't pass(nice try)and it will open the East Gate that has been sealed up...
That's what I've understood the scriptures to say anyhow and unless someone can show me some Scripture that say's otherwise? I'm sticking to what God has shown me...
P.S
Not to say that the Revival of America could'nt start there though..
 Anywhere will be fine with me!
I just hope it hurries up and happens....
Your Loving Brother Duane

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 06:23:05 PM »

Theres been a bunch of them lately but, Christ warned  us about them coming.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 06:49:30 PM »

AMEN Brother,
Thats one of the reasons i feel so blessed,
I know if they took my Bible from me, that His words Live within me!
And I am far too beyond from being able too be moved from his Words or deceived by any
Man, NOT even "That AntiChrist" can fool me, I know too much about him  for him to fool me...
I Praise God that he Loves us so Much!
WISE as a Serpent, Gentle as a Dove...

I take Pride in the Fact that I make Satan Hate me!
And you know he does, when a person is unmovable when it comes to Gods word...

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 08:36:55 PM »

People who sit under any teaching have to look up the scriptures for themselves..lack of knowledge is the cause for many who perish..Through study of the word one knows false teaching even the subtle that can sometimes be missed can be revealed in the light of God's word..
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 08:49:33 PM »

AMEN!
My point exactly, Quit following the Jim Jones of the world & read it for yourself and you'll know a wolf when you see one...
Duane
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 08:57:41 PM »

People who sit under any teaching have to look up the scriptures for themselves..lack of knowledge is the cause for many who perish..Through study of the word one knows false teaching even the subtle that can sometimes be missed can be revealed in the light of God's word..

Amen Maryjane,

That's what we all need to do on a regular basis. GOD'S WORD is more powerful than ever, and it will never be outdated. In fact, it will endure forever. It would be amazing how many of mankind's problems would be solved if everyone studied the Bible a couple of hours a day. We can look around us at all kinds of misery caused by not following GOD'S WORD. My wife and I were talking about this tonight and giving thanks for the blessings that GOD has showered on our family. Every day is Thanksgiving! - AND it should be! GOD'S Instructions to us are timeless, and we should judge all teaching and doctrine from the source - GOD'S WORD. In fact, I think that the best pastors want the people in the congregation to search the Scriptures for themselves and know whether he has told them the truth or not. The Bereans were considered to be "Noble" for doing just that. This is also a wonderful way to allow GOD to give you a strong foundation as a Christian. Knowledge of HIM definitely makes our "Joy More Full."

Colossians 1:9-12 NASB
For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

Colossians 1:9-12 NASB
For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 09:11:56 PM »

AMEN!
My point exactly, Quit following the Jim Jones of the world & read it for yourself and you'll know a wolf when you see one...
Duane

Amen Brother Duane,

I feel genuinely sorry for people who are lead astray - away from the GOSPEL and toward the teachings of men. This is not GOD'S Wishes for us. GOD wants for us to be strong in the Power of HIS MIGHT, but this takes work and effort on our part. The pastor can't do it in one hour a week regardless of how strong and dedicated he is. That would be like us eating one hour a week and expecting to be strong and healthy. It just doesn't work that way. GOD spreads a banquet of HIS Riches out before us, but HE doesn't make us partake. That's up to us. It's a shame that many of GOD'S Children suffer from Spiritual weakness and Spiritual illness. We need to feed our Spirit and know that it's Eternal.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 3:14-18 NASB
But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ. But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their heart; but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Romans 8:14-15 NASB
For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

Romans 8:26-28 NASB
In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

MusicMedic5150

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2007, 01:12:49 PM »

What saddens me is when you see hundreds of people sitting and praising televangelist like binny hinn. Giving these men and women their money. As far away from the flock as one can get. Deceived and fooled by a false teacher.

God is greater than any problem I have!!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2007, 02:49:49 PM »

I'm afraid that I have to agree that Benny Hinn is a phoney.
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2007, 02:54:23 PM »

I'm afraid that I have to agree that Benny Hinn is a phoney.
Grammyluv

Benny Hinn or Ben Hinnom?

I agree Grammyluv, Benny Hinn is a false prophet.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2007, 02:57:10 PM »

Hi Littleboy,

Yes, we must be very careful who we listen to. There are many false prophets today and Benny Hinn is one of them. Listening to the wrong person may lead a person to a false Jesus. He has said many times "I prophecy ..." and those prophecies have failed. He also introduced a false Jesus called Lord Maitreya.

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=4004.0

You can do a search on the forum and see quite a bit about this Maitreya that Benny Hinn called the return of Jesus.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the