Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:22:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question  (Read 1048 times)
amongtheweeds

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2007, 11:24:53 AM »

I need a little help.  I am trying to find a scripture that talks about how a Christian should be known by their conduct.  I am looking for a scripture to support the idea that a non-Christian should be able to see something different about us.  I have 1 Peter 3:15 "...Always be prepared to give a defense to everyone who asks you to explain the hope you have. "  but I thought there was another scripture that was more specific to my need. 

Thanks so much!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 12:10:02 PM »

Hi amongtheweeds,

Welcome to Christians Unite.

Actually there are a number of them. Here is just a couple of them.

Mat 7:16  Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17  Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19  Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Mat 12:33  Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
amongtheweeds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 01:02:13 PM »

Thanks Pastor Roger!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 01:20:57 PM »

You're most welcome.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 05:01:57 AM »

Hello AmongTheWeeds,

I see that you are new, so WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

There are actually portions of Scripture all over the Bible where GOD addresses our conduct and how we should live. It really boils down to our need for a "Living Testimony" for GOD.

We live in a day and time where we really can and should stand out and apart from the world as uniquely belonging to JESUS CHRIST. As a few examples, GOD has given us Biblical instructions for raising our children, marriage, prayer, Bible Study, charity, love of neighbors, etc., etc., etc. The list really does go on and on, but I think that you'll get a good idea from the portions of Scripture that Pastor Roger gave you. GOD has told us to do things that are separate and apart from the world, and you can be sure that those around us see it and wonder why we are different. This even brings up many opportunities to witness.

Many will also make fun of us and be angry with us simply because we're Christians, and that should be expected. We aren't supposed to be conformed to the world, rather to the ways of the LORD. People around us do notice anything that's different. It could be something as simple as carrying our Bible to work. We aren't ashamed of GOD or HIS WORD, nor are we ashamed of HIS Ways. The potential examples in our lives every day would be endless, but they would all set us apart and different from the world. After all, this world isn't our home - our citizenship is in Heaven. I'm positive that GOD has work for all of us to do if we just pray and ask HIM. It could be big or small, but it should simply make us happy to do HIS Will.

Love In Christ,
Tom

A Few More Examples:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NASB  Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1 Peter 2:1-3 NASB  Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander, like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 5:8-10 NASB  But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

1 Timothy 6:12 NASB  Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

2 Corinthians 3:2-3 NASB  You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Colossians 1:9-12 NASB  For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

Colossians 2:6-7 NASB  Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.

Colossians 3:15-16 NASB  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Hebrews 13:5-6 NASB  Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU," so that we confidently say, "THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID. WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?"

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 10:34:33 AM »

Hello Among the weeds. Welcome to CU, I see you already have a few Scriptures given to you by Brothers Tom and Roger.
I just wanted to add a few more things.
Christians do not have to walk around with their heads bowed and their hands folded as if in prayer. We are people who are sure that God loves us and that we have the Lord Jesus in our heart, that will make us more aware of the things that are right and wrong and by the power of the Holy Spirit we are able to discern these things and do the right thing at all times. We sow the seed of God's Word in our hearts by reading the Bible and that will feed our spirit man which will grow stronger and as it does, it will become manifest on our countenance and our way of living. It will move us to feel love for those that are lost and help us to be able to share God's love and His tender mercy with others.

God has accepted us just as we are, we change as we grow in His Word. That will reflect on our daily lives, our behavior, countenance and our love for others, people won't be able to ignore it it will be so obvious.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the