Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:21:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Fond memories!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fond memories!  (Read 3109 times)
joyunending

He is Risen!

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2003, 11:04:36 AM »

I tried this on another womans sight , Shelovesgod.com ,  and it seemed to make some of them really happy to look back and smile!
   What are some of your happiest memories of your childhood?
Any time any place!
       I remember I had a great childhood.  It was back in the late 50's early 60's and a lifetime away from here.
      I lived in a small town, and a gang of us used to walk to downtown, about 2 miles away.... never even thinking twice of some mad man taking us or hurting us.
        We rode bikes from morning till dusk. Playing kick-ball, a game called release.  Soft ball.  We were out side from after breakfast, a break for lunch, and  supper, then out till the 9:00 whistle blew and everyone had to be home be that 9:00 whistle, summer or not!!!!
        Lemonade stands selling glasses for 10 cents  a piece. Saturday matinees at the theater where we would get in for 35 cents and see a double feature.... At Easter they gave away two colored peeps (live ones) and the grand prize was a live rabbitt!!!! (Mom loved that one!!!) Guess who took care of the little critters???
          Going with my best friend (who I still have today) and picking johnny jump ups and all kinds of wild flowers for our moms for Mothers Day!  They loved them!!!!
          I could go on forever,,,, I really did have a wonderful childhood,,,, my mom was the best!  She never complained when I brought all my friends home and we played in our yard and always was there for me when I got home from school and was with me all summer,,,, she didn't work outside the home..... First words out of my mouth when I got home from school,,,, Mom, I'm home!!!!!
          Well, I am anxious to read what some of your memories are...... What were some of the things you did when you were little..... what are your fondest memories of your childhood.... were your times as innocent as mine???
                   God bless,  Joy Grin

Love in Him,  Joy
Terri

I'm a Christian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 09:47:41 PM »

Hi Joyunending,

My mother shared this with me, I was to young to remember this. My brothers first Christmas I was 3 and my brother was about 7months old. He was to young to open his Christmas gifts, and I was so concerned about my baby brother not being able to open he's gifts that I opened all his gifts for him and showed him each gift. I wasn't even concerned about my own gifts. I loved my baby brother soooo much.

We have always been very close, and we still are close to this day. What is funny is I now have a son and daughter and they are close just like me and my brother. My son is the oldest and he is like I was very protective over his sister.

Another memory I do remember, is my dad and I were very close when I was younger, I was the apple of his eye. I would what in our living room window for him to get off from work. I would get really excited to see him walking up the side walk. I knew once he was home it was all about me.

He would take me for rides on the back of his pedal bike, he still has the same bike to this day. Sad to say my mom and dad divorced when I was 5, and my memories from that point on are mostly negative ones. So I try to hold on to the few good ones I have.

And that is the very reason why, I try really hard to keep my childrens memories good!!!!!!!!
                   God Bless and Good night
                                 Terri

The Lord is my strength, my hope, and my happiness!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the