Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:05:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Knowledege, The Root of All Evil?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Knowledege, The Root of All Evil?  (Read 1573 times)
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2003, 10:10:32 PM »

I recently saw the movie Radio (starring Cuba Gooding Jr. and Ed Harris) not too long ago.  The story follows a retarted young man who is taken under a football coach's wing.  The young man at first (named Radio--hence the title) would not say a word.  As time progressed however, he began to take classes and even lead the football team out onto the field before every game.  He faced peer pressure and even the death of his mother and always came out on top and always did the right thing.  
       One of Radio's finest features is his good heart.  He recieved loads of Christmas presents from the town, only to give them all away to strangers the next day.  However, he understood so little as to what he was doing that was right, and even smaller amounts of what was wrong.  Radio was deprived of most knowledge, yet, he was a great man who did very little to hurt people.  This brought me to a personal revelation.  While knowledge is good, it is too big a burden for mankind to carry on its shoulders.  I now understand for the first time that the forbidden fruit of knowledge really was a terrible thing.  Radio serves as the perfect example of this.  Because he could comprehend so little, he was told what was good, and did it.  Sure he made his mistakes, but because he could only grasp what was right, he never did something wrong on purpose.  This was when I realized that mankind cannot handle knowledge of good and evil.  There is only one person who can handle both and can manage to be good in the end, and thats God.  Lord of the Rings is another great example.  In the book, the evil were filled with knowledge of secret passageways and weapons and traitors.  The good also had their knowledge, the knowledge of strength, battle, courage, and the occational prophesey (if you're an elf).  However, many of the good people wished to have no such knowledge, because their knowledge was still terrible and hard to grasp (like the Hobbits, they kept wishing that they were home in the Shire and that someone else was doing their dirty work).  
          In conclusion, do you agree that knowledge of good and evil was a curse or a blessing?  With Radio, he comprehended so little, that he was close to the perfection he was at birth.  Do you think this is the kind of knowledge that the Garden of Eden talked about?  If so, do you agree that the apple was bad or not (I know some people would be happy we have this knowledge)?  And do you think Heavan will be deprived/relieved of this knowledge? Just wondering what you guys think........  

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the