Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:26:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  4 years for nothing?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4 years for nothing?  (Read 3010 times)
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 05:09:31 PM »

"for God so loved Stryder, that He gave His only begotton Son...that if Stryder believes in Him she will not perish, but have eternal life"...Yes..God is in the relationship issues for to have a real realationship with anyone that is fruitful...you have to know the Lord first...anything else in this world fails and is so fickle for this world belongs to the devil and we all will one day turn to dust...but the souls of those that know the Lord will have eternal life and all who have died in their sin will face the Lord and give account...There wiill come a time that no one will pass oyour way and offer what will truly set you free for God does not strive with man...hearts can become so hard that the minds of these people will never see the truth and forevr blinded by the lust of this world...Being a christian, is not an easy road it is very narrow...that is why so many fall away because of selfish desires and compromising sin until the very sin itself destroys them...Are you going to be one that sin eventually destroys...You have been given a free will and God will not go against your will...but His will for your life is far better than you could ever imagine...but so many chose what is temporary and what will destroy them...
A christian will not beg a person to accept the Lord but will tell you the way...and you have been told the way...It is up to you to chose you this day who you will serve...
faithgranny

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 09:27:53 PM »

Amen Maryjane
Stryder1030

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 02:15:49 PM »

I'm already lost.  I've strayed so far from that road, I question if I ever was on it in the first place.  I honestly do.  Talking to so many people and reading what people write and reading the bible, saying God only comes with loud trumpets and waves of power, I don't know if what I believed to be the Lord is actually what I encountered.  What I experienced when I believed to be a Christian was not fear at all, it was love so deep it made me sad because I knew I couldn't comprehend it.  Things so beautiful that I can't describe.  I don't fear the Lord like everyone says I have to in order to be a Christian.  I am in total awe of the power and love for us, this world, and everything around us, but I don't fear Him. 

I guess my situation is meaningless compared to my situation with God.  There are too many things in this world that I can't control.  I've just lost my job and I still have a home to keep up.  I appreciate all the thoughts and words and prayers.  I just don't know how to make things better.  Everyone can say, just leave, just do this, just do that, but I guess this fear and understanding and trust in the Lord isn't great enough within me yet to just pack up and live out of my car.  It's just my truth.

In Love there is no fear, only patient HOPE.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 03:05:03 PM »

Those that do not accept Christ as their Saviour are those that have need to fear. As the Bible tells us fear not "fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell".

God only comes with loud trumpets and waves of power

This is not necessarily true. Yes when He returns to this world He will indeed come with trumpets blowing and all eyes will see Him. When He comes to us personally it is quite often quietly, gently tugging at our heart, whispering soft calming words to us and yes filling us with a love and peace beyond all understanding.

There are too many things in this world that I can't control.

All these things are controlled by Him if we but let Him, in His time and in His way. We may not understand all of the time as to why we go through the things we do but it is for our good.

I just don't know how to make things better.

Let the Lord do this for you. Step out in faith in Him, trust Him not yourself or others.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 07:23:39 PM »

I'm already lost.  I've strayed so far from that road, I question if I ever was on it in the first place.  I honestly do.  Talking to so many people and reading what people write and reading the bible, saying God only comes with loud trumpets and waves of power, I don't know if what I believed to be the Lord is actually what I encountered.  What I experienced when I believed to be a Christian was not fear at all, it was love so deep it made me sad because I knew I couldn't comprehend it.  Things so beautiful that I can't describe.  I don't fear the Lord like everyone says I have to in order to be a Christian.  I am in total awe of the power and love for us, this world, and everything around us, but I don't fear Him. 

I guess my situation is meaningless compared to my situation with God.  There are too many things in this world that I can't control.  I've just lost my job and I still have a home to keep up.  I appreciate all the thoughts and words and prayers.  I just don't know how to make things better.  Everyone can say, just leave, just do this, just do that, but I guess this fear and understanding and trust in the Lord isn't great enough within me yet to just pack up and live out of my car.  It's just my truth.

Hi Stryder, Pastor Roger gave you some very good counsel.  I would also like to say that as Christians the "fear" we have of God is a reverence for Him (rather than fearful fear of Him).

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
littlenana

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 11:22:08 PM »

You and your mother look so happy in the picture.  Isn't it great when you can gor to your mother and there is a smile and hug waiting, even when you have done something wrong an your mother knows you have, she still loves you the same.  I am that way with my children. I tell them I love them even when they are bad. 
As much as a mother and father love their children and want good for them and will strive to provide for them, God loves you even more. He knows every tear you shed and he knows what you are thinking and what you have done and where you have been and even so, He waits with poen arms because He love you and He desires for you to know it and to trust Him.  I can see how you are stuck where you are as this world has become so hard to live in with the economy the way it is. Still, through every circumstance you go through, God is there and He knows your heart and the pain your go through and you can turn to Him and trust Him with your life.  Just like a little child that got caught in a tree and holds his arms out to be helped by his father is the way you are now.. You may be stuck, but God is holding out His arms to you and wants to give you beauty for ashes.  God bless you and I will be praying for you.
littlenana
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 12:32:23 AM »

Stryder, if there is a certain sin that has you bound and confused and keeps you from coming to God out of guilt...He already knws your heart and He knows what it is that you cannot let go of that keeps you from Him...although...he also knows that it is because of you He sent Jesus that you can be free of what has you bound and can be put under the blood of Jesus...Jesus is the delivererer.  Please remember this as you will soon need it...
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 08:58:16 AM »

As I read through your replies it is almost as if your saying, you want to change, but your not willing to take the risks to do so. A friend of mine was once in a situation similar to yours. She was in a different State, not a hour and a half away, but a thosand miles from her family and living with people who were very cruel mentally to her. She prayed for a way out, and when a idea of how to do that came to her, she with faith and courage took the chance and went to a pastor of a church which she had never attended and did not know and ask for help. That Pastor found her a family she could live with for a few months until she had saved enough money to be out on her own. She did babysitting and housecleaning, as a extra way of saying thank you to this family who took her in. She went around town asking for and finding other house cleaning jobs, and as a result she ended up starting her own housecleaning business in that new town and thereby proved that God does answer prayer. But you have to be willing to trust in God, and you must really want to change your life and improve your circumstances. If you don't want to change then no amount of good advice from anyone is going to help you.
Change is hard work. It does not come on a silver platter. It must be sought after and worked hard for. It is a life changing experience.
I will continue to pray for you that you may see the wisdom of the way of God, and the conviction of change. May God's peace be with you.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the