Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:03:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Are the Pentecostal Signs Being Restored?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are the Pentecostal Signs Being Restored?  (Read 11970 times)
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 11:14:05 PM »

Thank you Kathy for your words.

Though I detest 'religion', I love the church. (the body of Christ).
And, though I try to avoid labels that seperate us, I too consider myself to be pentecostal...Not by religion, but by what I believe.
I would say so much, but I feel it would start a debate that I do not here wish to have. When I meet those who the Lord has led to me, who seek to understand about the baptism in the Holy Spirit, I freely share what I know, and what I myself have experienced. And I believe what the Lord has said, That we can do all that He did...People like Smith Wigglesworth are the best example that God is still working in His children, in the same way that He did His early disciples.
I have been annointed by the Holy Spirit, and pray in tongues, and have seen people instantly healed when prayed for.....and, just because Satan will try to imitate God when he comes as the antichrist, does not mean that God has stopped because of this.
If others believe differently, that is their right, and I will never judge them in any way for their way of believing, for I have no doubt that we believe that which is most important, which is that salvation is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
God bless you all.....Roy.

Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 11:40:54 AM »

Let's get out of the mindset that one's beliefs is better then another and let's considerate on showing God's love to one another and to those who really need it. 

Royo,
Well, after reading my post after I posted it I realized the I said considerate instead of concentrate. I guess that is what happens when you try to multitask more then you should be.
I too consider myself and label myself Pentecostal. Not because of the church but because of my experience and beliefs. You see I at one time was one of those who thought the same way as most here think. I stop going to church and after about 7 yrs began going to an A/G church.  I would have to say that I probably would not have experience what the Holy Ghost has to give, if my family would have stayed in the Nazarene Church.   
People need to get over the fear of what others think and allow God to fill them with everything He has for them. We put God in a box based on our beliefs. We need to get out of the bondage of what the churches are teaching and begin to ask God for His guidance and study the Bible for ourselves. People will see and experience a whole new relationship with God. God will never give us something that is harmful to us. The Holy Ghost is there for comfort and guidance. I can not imagine going through the day without Him. I just can't believe that people say that just because we speak in tongues, believe in laying on hands, in miracles, etc. that it is of satan.
Well, I will get off of my soapbox for now, but keeping it close by.
Have a blessed day
Kathy

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 05:21:19 PM »

Kathy and Royo,
Are you members of the Order Of St Luke?

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 05:36:57 PM »

Sorry I don't know who the Order of St Luke is. I belong to an Assembly of God Church.
Kathy
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 07:47:54 PM »

It is an organization called "The International Order of St. Luke The Physician". A group of people that are members in different churches around the country that believe as you do in laying on of the hands, in healing, among other things. A friend of mine was a member through the Episcopal Church. It is considered pentecostal in practices and most members are from Lutheran and Presbyterian, Episcopal and Roman Catholic Churches. It was approved with the advent of Vatican II.  My friend, who believes strongly in the power of prayer, was a member for over a year, but became concerned when use of the Bible and prayer became laced with a mixer of foreign religions.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 05:07:01 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I posted this beautiful article by Pastor Stam in the debate area because I knew it would be controversial to some people. In reflection, maybe future issues like this need to be put in the main areas of the forum. Pastor Stam's article addresses things that are FALSE and DEFINITELY NOT OF GOD. There's a lot of that these days, and there actually appears to be more by the day.

These problems aren't new, as they were a significant problem in the days of Paul. In fact they were so significant that Paul devoted much of an Epistle to the Church in Corinth as a rebuke and correction. I find it ironic that some people today use portions of this rebuke and correction as their authority to do some of the things that Paul was trying to stop. It was a matter of man's vanity, division, disruption, and disorder then and the same remains true today.

I would simply ask everyone to read Pastor Stam's article again and to study the Bible references carefully. It would also be a good idea to carefully study 1 Corinthians 12 to 14. The Holy Bible warns us over and over again that the things of man are often NOT the things of or from GOD. We know that the Holy Bible is from GOD - HIS WORD - and that's why Christians are told to use HIS WORD to judge the truth. So, I would simply repeat once again to all Christians to regularly use GOD'S WORD to judge the things and words of man.

Please always keep in mind an ultimate TRUTH: ALMIGHTY GOD does as HE pleases in Heaven and on earth, and no power can stop HIM. Man can't do as he pleases anywhere, and men many times falsely claim things in the name of GOD. Pray, read your Bible, and pray some more when you are in doubt. I would repeat this last sentence for anyone who wishes to argue anything in this thread.

Pray, read your Bible, and pray some more when you are in doubt. Let GOD help you determine what's true and what's false from men.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 09:28:27 AM »

A wondrous manifestation is to some the end of all argument. So-and-so must be of God or he could not work these miracles!

Amen! Even Jesus taught us that just because someone does these things that it does not mean they are of Him.

Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Pray, read your Bible, and pray some more when you are in doubt. Let GOD help you determine what's true and what's false from men.

Amen! Those are such important words and deserved to be said yet again.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007, 01:32:03 PM »

AMEN.

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 02:32:16 AM »

Amen...
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 02:37:00 AM »

AMEN

Reba
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2007, 09:16:07 PM »

Amen! Even Jesus taught us that just because someone does these things that it does not mean they are of Him.

Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Amen! Those are such important words and deserved to be said yet again.

He also taught the healing of the sick the laying on of hands ......raising of the dead   Does HE get and Amen?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2007, 05:53:53 AM »

He also taught the healing of the sick the laying on of hands ......raising of the dead   Does HE get and Amen?

Hello Sister Reba,

GOD has always been able to do as HE pleases in Heaven and on earth, but men can't. GOD gets an AMEN!, but men don't.

davidoldham
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 08:38:39 PM »

My prayers and fasting is that the pentecostal Signs be Restored to even such a greater level!
I Love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 07:48:57 PM »

Some say the penticostals are growing by leaps and bounds! I've read that in the last five years their numbers have increased by 30%!
   I believe that any two people can invoke the power of the Holy Spirit.
   I believe that if any 2 people ask God for anything that is good in the name of Jesus Christ it will be granted even though the people who asking for the
   miracles are not necessarily going to heaven.
   I was just wondering if any one else shared this belief?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »

The growth rates of a certain sect does not mean that they are more godly or correct than anyone else. In fact it may indicate just the opposite. Scratching itchy ears does seem to attract a lot of people. Then again there is the situation of islam which is supposedly the fastest growing religious group at present even though much of their growth is due to force and not true conversions.

I believe that any two people can invoke the power of the Holy Spirit.

The word invoke simply means : to petition for help or support. So in this aspect yes this can be true even of one person. It does not mean that we can necessarily call forth some supernatural power that would be therefore in our control to do with as we wish. We ask and God provides the answer according to His will even though the answer may not be according to our desires.

I believe that if any 2 people ask God for anything that is good in the name of Jesus Christ it will be granted even though the people who asking for the
   miracles are not necessarily going to heaven.

Let's turn to scripture to see what it has to say on this subject.

Psa 66:16  Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul.
Psa 66:17  I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue.
Psa 66:18  If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
Psa 66:19  But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.

Pro 1:28  Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
Pro 1:29  For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
Pro 1:30  They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
Pro 1:31  Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
Pro 1:32  For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
Pro 1:33  But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Jer 7:13  And now, because ye have done all these works, saith the LORD, and I spake unto you, rising up early and speaking, but ye heard not; and I called you, but ye answered not;
Jer 7:14  Therefore will I do unto this house, which is called by my name, wherein ye trust, and unto the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.
Jer 7:15  And I will cast you out of my sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, even the whole seed of Ephraim.
Jer 7:16  Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.

Zec 7:13  Therefore it is come to pass, that as he cried, and they would not hear; so they cried, and I would not hear, saith the LORD of hosts:

Jas 4:3  Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

1Pe 3:7  Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

1Pe 3:12  For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

God makes up His own mind about whose prayers He will answer. It is certainly not up to us. God knows each of our hearts and our motives when we pray to Him. Beyond all doubt He will do what is right and just. Surely we realize that none of us are perfect. If we had to be perfect in order for God to hear our prayers then none of them would be heard. I am also sure that He hears the sinner earnestly crying out for forgiveness.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the