Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:55:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Are the Pentecostal Signs Being Restored?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are the Pentecostal Signs Being Restored?  (Read 11973 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 11:30:56 PM »

Some say the penticostals are growing by leaps and bounds! I've read that in the last five years their numbers have increased by 30%!
   I believe that any two people can invoke the power of the Holy Spirit.
   I believe that if any 2 people ask God for anything that is good in the name of Jesus Christ it will be granted even though the people who asking for the
   miracles are not necessarily going to heaven.
   I was just wondering if any one else shared this belief?

Hello I Love Jesus,

WELCOME!

First, you've already been given excellent answers by Pastor Roger. Second, No, I do not believe this. I think that the vanity of man - instead of the Glory of God - is responsible for most thinking like this.

God does as He pleases in Heaven and on earth, and He still answers prayer according to His Perfect Will. All Glory must go to God and none to men. It's all very simple. Lastly, it's very sad that some people must have signs and wonders to have faith in God. Such is the nature of men that they will accept counterfeit signs and wonders, so what many are seeing and doing is not of God. Along the way, the vanity and money of man is the key - not God.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 3:4-5 ASV  4  And such confidence have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 not that we are sufficient of ourselves, to account anything as from ourselves; but our sufficiency is from God;

I Love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 02:36:03 AM »

Mt. 18:19 "Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask it will be done for them by the Father in heaven.
                for where two or more are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

In other words all we have to do is agree with another person that what we are asking for is good and in accordance
with what Jesus taught us.
        It doesn't really matter if we"re going to heaven or hell.
       And it goes without saying the Father's name will still be glorified.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 03:28:47 AM »

Mt. 18:19 "Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask it will be done for them by the Father in heaven.
                for where two or more are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

In other words all we have to do is agree with another person that what we are asking for is good and in accordance

Wrong! One needs a basic start in trying to understand the Bible, knowing who the speaker is, knowing the intended audience, understanding the historical setting, understanding the purpose, etc., etc., etc. Taking a Bible Verse out of context and trying to form a doctrine results in a gross misunderstanding of the Holy Bible, especially if one forming that doctrine is lost or is a baby Christian with little or no knowledge of the Holy Bible. These false doctrines also hurt the Lord's Work because they aren't true and don't work. As an example, you aren't an Apostle directly appointed by God, and God has NOT given you any supernatural powers. The office of Apostle was closed by God almost 2,000 years ago, and that's the time that you're trying to talk about.

The Holy Bible also talks about people being able to drink poison and bit by deadly snakes without being hurt. DON'T TRY IT! You aren't one of the people God was talking to, nor will you be.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 2:16 ASV  in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men, according to my gospel, by Jesus Christ.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:30:26 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 09:38:48 AM »

Hello again Jocko,

One verse out of many that is about the care of the church. Jesus is specifically teaching the Apostles about the organizing and establishing of the church and not about all prayers of everyone. As Brother Tom said, It is a dangerous thing to take just one verse and attempt to build a full doctrine on it when there is no foundation for that doctrine to start with.

I gave you many verses that state that there are times that God Himself said that He will turn a deaf ear toward the unrighteous and will not hear their prayer in those circumstances yet you are still stuck on believing differently. This verse is erroneously used and consistently so by the name it and claim it followers. The exact same people that teach that man has a free will, yet in this teaching it has God not having the free will to do as He pleases rather being forced to do as man wants Him to do.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the