Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:33:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ford tops sponsors on GLAAD-approved TV shows
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ford tops sponsors on GLAAD-approved TV shows  (Read 400 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:48:47 AM »

Ford tops sponsors on GLAAD-approved TV shows

A pro-family group has completed a television monitoring project that focused on recording ads and sponsors on programs reportedly named by a major homosexual support group as giving positive portrayals of that lifestyle. Ford, the automaker that's already a target of conservative and pro-family groups, has emerged as the top sponsor of those pro-homosexual programs.

American Family Association (AFA), which started the year-old boycott against Ford last spring because of its support of homosexual media and organizations through advertising and financial donations, says it has concluded a 12-week network TV monitoring project that again points to Ford's support of the homosexual agenda. AFA spokesman Randy Sharp says his group did not set out to target the automaker this time.

"Even though we've got this boycott against Ford, we weren't looking at Ford," Sharp says. "We were looking to determine beyond a reasonable doubt and through scientific methods which company was sponsoring the most homosexuality on TV."

Sharp says they chose to monitor programs identified by the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) as supportive of the homosexual lifestyle, and noted the advertisers for them. During the monitoring period, advertisements were tallied for shows such as Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, and Ugly Betty on ABC; and ER and The Office on NBC.

"Without any prejudice, it was clear from the results that the Ford Motor Company was the top corporate sponsor of pro-homosexual television shows on network television," the AFA spokesman says. "Not only did Ford top the list, but they topped the list by a wide margin over the number-two company."

Ford topped the top-ten list that includes Toyota at number two, followed by AT&T and Proctor & Gamble, with Revlon and GlaxoSmithKline tied at number five.

Sharp says the results confirmed for AFA that automaker Ford was not backing away from, but continuing and increasing its support of homosexuality and same-sex "marriage."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 10:21:15 AM »

As just a little advocate here.  And believe me I wish Ford would not touch any show that promotes that.

But being the D' advocate...have you not noticed that Ford is advertising more on everything lately.  The F-150 is everywhere on TV that are more focused for men, the Mustang is pretty much everywhere, and the Escape is all over as well, and their new Fusion is getting lots of air time as well.

I would just about have to say that I have seen more Ford commercials on lately than any other manufacture, and probably almost as much as all of them put together.  And their line up this year has a car that appeals to everyone as well.

Again I wish they would not push for a crowd supporting such moral issues.  I like Ford.  But I also think it unfair to say they are targetting homosexual shows and such when to me it appears they are doing a very aggressive advertising campaign that has increased advertising spots across the board.  But then I could be completely wrong in that as well Wink

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 10:41:53 AM »

They probably do have more advertisements everywhere for all as you say. Ford is floundering in slow sales every since this boycott against them has started. It is only natural for them to start pushing through ads in order to bring more attention to what they have to offer in an attempt to increase their sales.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the