Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:31:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286833 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Breath of God Devotionals- Ann Thomas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breath of God Devotionals- Ann Thomas  (Read 951 times)
holypursuit

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2007, 10:27:31 AM »

Read: Num.13:17-14:24         Prepared in the Wilderness

"Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.”Num.13:30

When God was getting ready to deliver the Jews from Egypt his message to Pharaoh was so that they might go into the wilderness to worship Him. There is a God ordained purpose for every wilderness that we encounter. The wilderness is the place of preparation and total reliance on God. The wilderness is the place where we draw closer to God and understand deeper who He is. It is in the wilderness that we are given ample opportunities to see the provision, protection and experience the presence of God. True worship draws the worshipper into intimacy and free from distractions so that the worshipper is focused on God and has an ear to hear what He speaks. When God sends you into the wilderness the intention of God is to bring you out of it having known Him and seen His power so that you will face every challenge before you in total confidence of God and not self.
David was able to face the giant Goliath with unshakeable confidence in God. He gained this confidence because of the number of times God worked deliverance for him while he was out in the fields keeping sheep. David had opportunity to know God in His worship and intimacy with Him. So when David was faced with Goliath, he didn’t know who Goliath was but he knew surely who God was and what God could do. He went against the giant in the name of the Lord of Hosts.
God often sent the one He had chosen for a task into the wilderness before they embarked onto what they were supposed to do. He hasn’t changed his methods. The wilderness is any place where God has called you aside to be, it is the place where you disassociate with other voices and tune into the voice of God. It is the place where you are rid of the idolatry of your past and where your heart yields wholly to God. It is the place where you understand you serve God and not man. It is the preparation ground for doing or receiving anything which God has promised to you. The wilderness is part of the pathway to Promise.
When you have understood your calling or received a prophetic word or vision or promise of the Lord you are set on the pathway to attaining it, but this attaining can only be by the work of the Spirit of God and your cooperation with Him. To attempt to bring it to pass by your self is foolishness. Moses when he came to understand who he was and who his people were tried to embark on saving them by his own methods. He was accused of assuming the role of “leader”which in actuality  was who he was destined to be, but it was not the time or method that God chose. (Ex.2:14)) This resulted in him running away in fear and God kept him for years in the backside of the wilderness in preparation for that destiny.
Paul the Apostle when baptised with the Holy Spirit and knowing now what the call of God was on his life was led of God not into fulltime ministry but into the wilderness of Arabia for 3 years “…immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.” Gal.1:16,17
 Paul had to learn that his calling was not of men but of God that it was not his connections with the right people that would qualify him. He had to learn the Spirit was the teacher and would teach him all that he knew.(Gal.1:11,12) Paul was tested in this.
Jesus after His baptism full of the Holy Spirit was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. Jesus was tempted and challenged in who He was though the devil tried to make him doubt. Jesus stood firmly on the Word of God. Jesus was tested in this.
 David after he was anointed as king found himself in many wildernesses, though anointed king he was fleeing in fear for his life, he did not own large possessions or have grand dwellings, his companions were not princes but outcasts of society. Though someone else was sitting in his God ordained position David did not try to take possession of what was promised him by slaying Saul (though many opportunities presented themselves.) David learnt,“ For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.” Ps.75:6-7 David was tested in this.
Joseph received a vision of his calling and destiny yet, “Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him.” Ps.105:19 The tests we face in the wilderness are to rid us of anything we have put our hope in other than God. It is possible to be overcome in the wilderness if we do not learn to believe in God. Many of the people who left Egypt were overthrown in the wilderness. The reason why they never entered the Promised Land was because of unbelief. Though they had seen the power of God and experienced His presence. Though He had revealed himself to them and told them who they were in Him yet, when they were come to the place of receiving the promise of God they failed miserably in unbelief. They had seen many wonders and miracles yet the giants in Canaan caused them to fear. They were still looking to themselves and their abilities.
Only two men Caleb and Joshua had learnt the lesson of the wilderness. They had a proper understanding of who God was and who they were in God. This is the place God desires to bring each of us. Gods promises and destiny are available to every one of us but it is only those who have believed who will possess it. May God bring us to the place of possessing as we yield to His Holy Spirit in us.
“Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:” Phil 1:6

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:04:47 PM »

Hello Ann,

Welcome to Christians Unite. A beautiful devotion.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 01:33:17 PM »

Hello HolyPursuit,

WELCOME! and AMEN!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite. I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:28 NASB  And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

holypursuit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 03:31:56 AM »

Not sure if I am replying to myself or to you Pastor Robert and Tom, but thank you for your welcome. I am still trying to figure how this works!
God Bless you!
Ann
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 08:29:12 AM »

Not sure if I am replying to myself or to you Pastor Robert and Tom, but thank you for your welcome. I am still trying to figure how this works!
God Bless you!
Ann

Hello Sister Ann,

You're doing great, and it looks like you are catching on quickly. Your posts are very nice and professional. If you want to know about how to do something on the forum, you can ask in the "Questions and Answers" area or push the help button near the top of your screen.

We have two main categories of users here:  those who are members and those who are guests. You can participate in any thread (conversation) that you want to and address or reply to anyone you want to. The number of people who have read each thread is displayed, so you can also see how many people are reading your posts. That number does continually go up - the longer it's been on the forum.

You can also set your user profile to get email notices when anyone replies to one of your threads or other threads you have become involved in. The email notice has a quick link that you can click and go immediately to the new activity in threads you are involved in. This forum software does make things very easy to keep up with, and we hope that you get comfortable with everything pretty quickly.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 NASB  Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord--for we walk by faith, not by sight--we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the