Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:47:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I am wondering what I should be doing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am wondering what I should be doing  (Read 4543 times)
Lioness
« on: May 19, 2007, 08:55:45 PM »

What am I doing? I'm wondering what I should be doing. I hear people talk about following your "PASSION" but all I can say is that I don't have one. I used to want to sing but that door has been closed and deadbolted for years. I keep trying to start a gotcha188 but am finding those doors closed as well. Is there ever a place where God wants you to do nothing to bring in extra income? Is it alright not to have a passion? What do you think?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 09:08:29 PM »

I know that this is not necessarily what you are talking about but as Christians we all should have a passion ... the passion to follow Jesus Christ and to do His will. This should take precedence over all things that we do and say. All else plays second fiddle.

As for making a living while here in this short life it should be something that uses the talents that the Lord has given you. No matter what it may be there are ways to serve the Lord in that career.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 09:19:29 PM »

What am I doing? I'm wondering what I should be doing. I hear people talk about following your "PASSION" but all I can say is that I don't have one. I used to want to sing but that door has been closed and deadbolted for years. I keep trying to start a gotcha188 but am finding those doors closed as well. Is there ever a place where God wants you to do nothing to bring in extra income? Is it alright not to have a passion? What do you think?

Do you still love to sing?  Sometimes people can sing at churches or nursing homes, even if it's just to bring joy to others (not for money).

If you are in the need of income, have you ever thought about going on a game show?  Just a thought.  If you made some money in this way, you could sing for free to help bring others joy.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Lioness
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 10:09:37 PM »

I know that this is not necessarily what you are talking about but as Christians we all should have a passion ... the passion to follow Jesus Christ and to do His will. This should take precedence over all things that we do and say. All else plays second fiddle.

As for making a living while here in this short life it should be something that uses the talents that the Lord has given you. No matter what it may be there are ways to serve the Lord in that career.

Thanks for reminding me where my focus should be.
Lioness
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 10:14:48 PM »

Debp-It's funny you should mention that because, although I haven't thought about game shows (which sounds really fun by the way), I have thought about entering a few more sweepstakes. Hmmm...
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 02:19:25 AM »

Debp-It's funny you should mention that because, although I haven't thought about game shows (which sounds really fun by the way), I have thought about entering a few more sweepstakes. Hmmm...

Lioness, if you are able to do a game show, why don't you try applying to some of them?  It couldn't hurt!  I live in Los Angeles so alot of game shows are filmed here, including Deal or No Deal.  Do You Want to Be a Millionaire is the only one filmed in New York, I think.   As long as one's priorities in the Lord are right, I think it's ok to go on one.  Let us know what happens.  Smiley

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the