Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:31:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Darrell Scott's address to the House Judiciary Committee's subcommit...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darrell Scott's address to the House Judiciary Committee's subcommit...  (Read 2794 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2007, 12:06:14 PM »

I just received this in an email. I have not checked it out for the validity of the incident but that does not matter. What does matter is the validity of the content of the message itself.

On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton , Colorado , was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
    Your words are empty air.
    You've stripped away our heritage,
    You've outlawed simple prayer.
    Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
    And precious children die.
    You seek for answers everywhere,
    And ask the question "Why?"
    You regulate restrictive laws,
    Through legislative creed.
    And yet you fail to understand,
    That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge. Dare to examine your
    own heart before casting the first stone!

Spread the good news of Jesus Christ to every creature.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 12:37:57 PM »

AMEN!

I hope that it DID happen exactly like this, and I hope that the politicians felt like hiding under their desks and tables.

This poor father hit the nail on the head and described perfectly why violence, crime, suicide, murder, teen pregnancy, and all kinds of other problems have escalated completely out of control over the last few decades.

I really can't blame it all on the politicians because it does take determined people pushing the politicians and voting them in and out of office to keep them focused on what the people want. SO, we really all have to bear part of the blame. It's also quite accurate that guns aren't to blame. They wouldn't be any more to blame than any other inanimate object used to harm or kill someone. SO, gun control certainly isn't the answer.

This was a short, precise, and very TRUTHFUL statement. It was also the type of powerful message that should get some attention, so I sincerely hope and pray that this message was delivered, and I pray that the politicians were paying attention.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 5:5-8 NASB  Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge. Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord -- for we walk by faith, not by sight -- we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 01:26:44 PM »

Yep.  A hearty amen there.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 11:42:26 PM »

I just received this in an email. I have not checked it out for the validity of the incident but that does not matter. What does matter is the validity of the content of the message itself.

That happened back in April 2004 brother.

2004 Testimony of Darryl Scott

It is still wonderful news though.

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 10:00:10 AM »

WOW... that sure was an awesome speech. It was done a few years ago? It looks like the knuckleheads that heard it didn't even blink an eye... cause 3 years later things are getting WORSE!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 08:39:37 AM by ibTina » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 12:56:47 PM »

Hello Sister Tina,

Moral erosion of the societies in this part of the world are happening so fast that it can't be measured. Crime rates is just one tool that can be used to get an idea, but many things causing moral erosion aren't captured in the crime rates. This old world is headed downhill, almost like a runaway train that can't be stopped. We can't stop the runaway train of evil, but JESUS CHRIST will at HIS appointed time.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:13-17 NASB  When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day -- things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 12:50:44 AM »

His words are so true.  Unfortunately, the leaders of this country don't seem to be interested in the truth.  As long as this country continues to glorify sin and abandon God's will, the rampant violence and evil deeds will only increase.  PR, thank you for sharing.

2Chr 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 10:06:16 AM »

His words are so true.  Unfortunately, the leaders of this country don't seem to be interested in the truth.  As long as this country continues to glorify sin and abandon God's will, the rampant violence and evil deeds will only increase.  PR, thank you for sharing.

2Chr 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

AMEN FAITHIN1!

We might not be able to make our country turn back toward GOD, but each individual Christian can take a strong and unwavering stand for CHRIST. In fact, we should all pray and ask GOD to help us do just this and never sit down or shut up.

It might become more and more unpopular to be a Christian, and that's just fine. We shouldn't expect the world to like us, especially if we are trying to live a testimony for HIM. In fact, we should worry if the world likes us because that will mean that we are living too much like the world. Now I'm thinking about the old Sunday school song, "This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine..". We must not allow the world to dim or put out our lights, regardless of how hard it might get for Christians.

The world can laugh at us and mock us all they want, and we will remember that this world is not our home. As our countries in this part of the world turn further and further away from GOD, we can remember that our Citizenship is in Heaven.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Revelation 1:5 NASB  and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood--

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the