Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:37:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "The Empty Egg"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Empty Egg"  (Read 1391 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2007, 11:01:36 AM »

"The Empty Egg"

They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead. John 20:9

Philip was born with Down's Syndrome. As a result, he never was part of the group. Philip was pleasant enough, but he looked different and sometimes acted differently than his eight-year-old classmates. On Palm Sunday, Philip’s Sunday school teacher gave each of her students a plastic egg — the kind panty hose come in — and instructed them to bring the eggs back with a symbol of resurrection inside.

The following week, the eggs were opened and the children explained the meaning of the symbol they had brought. One held a pretty flower; another held a butterfly. In another there was a rock. The last egg was empty. If you had listened carefully you would have heard things like, "That’s stupid," or "He didn’t do his homework."

Philip confessed, “That’s my egg. It’s empty because Jesus’ tomb was empty.” Philip got it. That summer Philip got something else: an infection. Most children would have shaken off such a little thing; Philip’s body couldn’t. At his funeral, nine eight-year-old children brought an empty plastic egg and placed it in the casket. Because of Philip, the class "got it."

AMEN!

Do you get it? Have you accepted Christ as your Saviour? If you haven't then come to Him today, don't wait another second for today is the day of Salvation. One more second may be to late.

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God...the wages of sin is death."
    Romans 3:23; 6:23

Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Act 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Joh 5:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How to receive Christ:

1. Admit your need (I am a sinner).
   2. Be willing to turn from your sins (repent).
   3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.
   4. Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit. (Receive Him as your Savior).

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 05:56:10 PM »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the