Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:00:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Tomb of Jesus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Tomb of Jesus  (Read 2551 times)
baxley

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2007, 04:38:39 AM »

Okay, I admit it, I watched it. But not after I watched the 'Dark Ages' on  history channel. It was a far better show.

Anyway, I watched these idiots go into an antiquities warehouse and look at clay burial boxes but I forgot what the name they gave them. Anyway they said they could read the names scratched on the outside of the boxes. One of them was Jesus Bar Josef, they claimed. But the interesting thing was the experts seemed really reluctant to say it was the tomb of Jesus. Can't blame them.

But for me the clincher to the whole wasted 2 hours was when they went into the second tomb under the apartment building. They had been told that the tomb had been sealed up to keep children out as it had been used by them to play in.
They found what they claimed to be Holy Books but then found out that the books had been buried by a local school as it is believed it wrong to burn Holy Books. One paper they said was an ancient book called the 'Book of Jonah."Then one made a statement that sent warning bells ringing in my head. He said, "It says in the Bible that Jesus told His disciples that if they wanted to know what he was doing to read in the Book of Jonah."

WHAT!!!?Huh??

Now this disturbed me as I couldn't recall Jesus saying anything of the kind. So I went to the concordance of my Bible and looked it up. This is what it read:

THE BOOK OF JONAH

Jonah, a native of Galilee, one of the earlier prophets, 2 Ki. 14:25.
Called to go as a missionary to Nineveh and warn the enemies of his country; he went with great reluctance.
This narrative has been ridiculed as a myth by unbelievers, and is regarded by some scholars as a legend or parable.
The Jews accept it as historical.
Jesus Christ vouched for its truth.
Mt. 12:39-41
Lu. 11:29,30

By misquoting the Bible they condemn themselves because it says:

Matthew says:

39 He answered, "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
41 The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now one greater than Jonah is here.

And Luke says:

29 As the crowds increased, Jesus said, "This is a wicked generation. It asks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.
30 For as Jonah was a sign to the Ninevites, so also will the Son of Man be to this generation.

In the end they proved nothing only that two of the people were not related.
Basically it was filled with lot of IF'S and IMAGINE'S proving nothing. A waste of time, energy and manpower; a tempest in a tea cup.

Watching them mount cameras on top of little robots and sending them up the air shafts of pyramids would have been more interesting.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 04:44:12 AM by baxley » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »

Hello Baxley,

I didn't even watch this. The last two years is obviously a time of great effort to discredit anything about JESUS CHRIST, GOD, the Holy Bible, and the Christian faith. The devil fired a salvo of garbage as far as I'm concerned, but many people probably believed all of it. However, it's probably also true that they wanted to believe it, and it wouldn't take much to convince them. The powers of darkness want to stay in the dark.

I haven't heard about anything remotely close to scholarly work in any of these garbage salvos by the devil. In fact, the opposite is true. Most of it appeared to be little more than con men trying to make money.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 01:35:05 PM »

I believe that anyone that has a bit of knowledge about the Bible knows that this is a bunch of garbage. My 14 year old daughter came home and told me that she had heard at school kids saying that Jesus' tomb was found, well being a 14 year old and very outspoken she went and got into an argument with some of the kids. She told them that there where many people named, Jesus, Mary, Matthew, Judas, etc in Old and New Testament times and that it was impossible for Jesus' remains to be found. She does not read the Bible or know as much about the Bible as an older or more mature person, but she does know her faith.

The devil has been trying his hardest to make people doubt the Word of God, I pray that this will only cause more people to read the Bible for themselves and that the Spirit of God leads them into the truth, and that their eyes would be opened. That what the enemy meant for evil God turns into good.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
baxley

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 02:18:53 PM »

I pray that this will only cause more people to read the Bible for themselves and that the Spirit of God leads them into the truth, and that their eyes would be opened. That what the enemy meant for evil God turns into good.

Amen to that!!!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the