Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:35:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  am i missing something here?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: am i missing something here?  (Read 21882 times)
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2003, 09:54:30 AM »

what goes around comes around,i beleive that.I feel we have the right,the obligation to protect ourselfs and those who can not protect themselves.I always tell my son the same thing,to protect others.Hes 12 and doesnt let others pick on him or anyone else.I dont mean in a bully fasion,you can imagine how 12 year olds can treat others.

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2003, 02:05:31 PM »

Sorry.  Ol' boy grabs a girl for any reason and throws her out of a room and I'm poundin' him!  I like Mr. 5020's idea!  GET THE WHOLE DEFENSIVE LINE TO POUND HIM!!! Unless of course...

AMEN!!!

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2003, 10:34:22 PM »

wow, terribly sorry to hear about that.  first of all, i agree with you.  while the bible does say if you accept Jesus, you basically do get a one-way-ticket to heaven, theres more to it.  Heres a similar story (i only remember bits and peices) that was told to me on a missions trip:
my leader was at a cd store, chatting with his friends about new cds, when they got on the topic of christian albums.  as the convo got deeper, a lady who worked at the store walked in (from her lunch break).  As she set down her bags behind the counter, she happened to overhear her friends conversation.  She came over to join them, asking about who they were talking about, and my youth leader said "oh yeah, Steven Curtis Chapman, a christian singer.  Are you a christian?" She shrugged and replied, "oh yeah, I did that."  my youth leader was kind of taken aback by this.  "how can you do God?  I mean, you can DO your homework, or DO the dew, but you can't DO christianity.  It isn't like a home ec course"  As their conversation increaced, he discovered that she had not been living a christian life at all, and only used God when it had a benifit (example: buying crosses for easter, haning an angel on the Christmas tree, joining the bible study that all of your friends are in).  God isn't a credit card, you can't just burn out your card, then return the clothes the next day.  Let me put it this way.  If you're going to med school, and you say "I'm a med school student, I'm going to be a doctor." you arn't a doctor yet.  You can't stroll into the ER the next day and be like, OK Dr. Ross, who are we slicing open today???  When you make that bond with God (aka accept Jesus into your heart) you're making the same promise that you made for med school, you ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN YET, but you are considered a begining(amateur) one in the eyes of God.  When you accept Christ, you officially begin your journey down the path towards God.  It's not right to say, you can go to heaven if you jsut say this prayer.  If you die tomarrow, then its true.  But if you die in 30 years, and you have not picked up a bible since that one day you made that promise, then you are not a christian in the eyes of God.  On that one day you were, but not 30 years.  When we become a christian, we assume a responsibility that we will try to live a christian life, consulting God in ALL OF OUR DECISIONS and praying that we will make the right ones.  the parable of the sower would work here.  The soil that fell on the rocky terrain grew beautifully at first, but when the sun came up, the became withered and dried out.  While its not the same concept, this shows that if we do not continue to grow our roots deeper into the soil of the Lord, we will wither up before him.  Once again, I repeat, if you have accepted Christ into your heart, and DO NOT TRY TO LIVE A CHRISTIAN LIFE, DO NOT TREAT YOUR NEIGHBORS AS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED, AND DO NOT TRY TO OBEY THE 10 COMANDMENTS THEN YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN.  Because we are humans, we will always fail at these goals, but then there is forgiveness, and the body and blood of Christ comes into business.  I am Baptist-Presbeteryan, but most of all just Christian.  I know the Bible gets into technicalities, but this is the truth.  Its not a catholic thing, where if you miss a Sunday School you go to Hell, but what the Bible says.  You have to respect God.  You both make a promise, one he'll never brake but one mankind will brake millions of times a day.  This is what I believe, and I hope you can persuade your roomate to consider it.  ps-sorry for the length!!!

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2003, 09:02:52 AM »

There a few of things that bother me about the foorball team idea:

1. It would damage your testimony if you are a Christian.
2. It would inspire revenge.
3. Because it would inspire revenge, if you use the football team to protect you this time, you'll need them thereafter.
4. You never know who this guy is friends with.

AAAAmember

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2003, 10:51:57 PM »

Just an update...

A few days ago, my roommate's boyfriend and his friends were in my room (I had locked the door but my roommate let them in, against my wishes) and harassing me.  After dragging me around the room for a while by my ankles (not fun), I kept insisting that they leave.  One of them dragged me outside and smashed an ice cream cone in my face.  Yup.

I went to my RA, who called her RD, who called the campus police, who questioned me and filed a report, and then gave the three of them campus appearance tickets (court, kind of) for simple assault on a female, tresspassing, secondary tresspassing, disorderly conduct, harassment, sexual harassment, and burglary.  I spent the night in the RD's room and was moved to a new dorm the next morning.  My information is not going to be made available on the public registry, so they can't come and find me.  I had the option to have the one who assaulted me arrested by the city police (he would've spent the night in jail and had a criminal record) but I decided to be kind (my friends say I should've had him arrested).

And these three boys are Christians who go to church.  

These are dangerous people - and now I have to remember that whenever I step outside my dorm.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2003, 11:23:58 PM »

I am glad you have gotten out of that situation.
I also think he should have spent the night in jail.
Claiming to be a Christian is not being a Christian.

Matthew 7:20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Matthew 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

I am sorry if you haven't understood what a Christian is.
I can claim to be John Wayne, but I am not.
Don't believe everything you hear from people.

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2003, 12:16:36 AM »

AAAA;
   I am glad you have been tranfered to a new room.

And these three boys are Christians who go to church.
  Please remember that not all claming to be Christians, or Church goers are true Christians.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2003, 01:18:39 AM »

I'm really sorry to hear that. That needs to be dealt with. At least now we have a better idea what kind of link your roommate had with the situation. Looks like she was talking to him you behind your back. I'm really sorry, and it seems like they need to do more than that. Can they suspend these boys?

Prediction: within a year they won't be seeing each other anymore.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2003, 07:43:08 AM »

me: ____, you HAVE to be nice to me.
him: No, I don't HAVE to be nice to you.
me: Yes you do.  It has to do with what you do every Sunday.
him: I go to church.  What does being Christian have to do with this?
me: You're a Christian - you supposed to be nice to people and be a good person.
him: Nope.  All I have to do is accept Jesus.  I can be as mean to you as I like.  I just have to account for it when I die.  
me: So when you account for it, do you get in trouble?
him: Nope.  I just account for it and go straight to heaven.  You, on the other hand, go to hell.
---------------

AAAA, this guy is a liar!  Wink "They will know we are Christians by our love". "You [we] have the aroma of Christ." "They went out of us - but they were not from us."

I can't say for sure that this guy is not saved, but if he is, he definately has some wrong ideas, and there's something ugly in his heart. A man asked Christ what the greatest commandment was, and this is the answer: Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, strength; and love your neighbor as yourself. We are told to be "servants", to "care for one another". Nowhere does God say (Old Testament, New, etc.) that we can be as nasty as we please, and still be counted as a saint. (Someone may have an argument for this, but...) Over and over, He tells us that He wants our hearts, our love, our kindness to others.

Whoever your roommates boyfriend is, I have a feeling he's deluded.  Cry

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
joyunending

He is Risen!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2003, 06:38:30 PM »

AAA,,,   I am glad that you got out of this situation...!
But, please remember, being in a Church every Sunday doesn't make them Christians like being in a garage doesn't make me a car!
      Many people call themselves Christians who haven't the foggiest idea what the word means.... as for accepting Christ... I feel that they have no idea whatsoever what that means.... Accepting Him as Lord of your life means you do your darndest to follow His example... being mean, harrassing people and accosting people is not among Christ's traits!
    It is true, you will know Christians by their love... and they bear good fruit... they have to answer to this Christ they say they accept!  and I fear that when they do see Him face to face they are in for the biggest shock in the world... they won't have to be told how wrong they were, but it will be too late for them to do anything about it.. Once you are gone from this earth, whatever your life was, whether accepting what Christ wanted you to follow or if you followed your own path all of your life , it is too late!  Judgement day is just that!  No second chances after death!!!
     Hope everything is all right with you now....
God bless,,,, Joy Grin Grin

Love in Him,  Joy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the