Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:07:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Christianity Jewish ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Christianity Jewish ?  (Read 5504 times)
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2003, 11:37:21 PM »

Christianity is Jewish...IF...you believe the Bible.

Consider this Bible verse:

"But he is a Jew....which is one 'inwardly'....is that of the heart...in the spirit...and, not in the letter....but of God" (Romans 2:29).

Now, is that really so strange ?

Jesus Christ...our Lord and Savior...himself, was a Jew.

And aren't Christians suppose to have Jesus in our hearts ?
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 10:50:12 AM »

Ah...Christ's lineage was from the Jewish people but He, of course, established His own religion. Christ showed the true meaning of the Old Testament to the Jews but they didn't understand it and still don't to this day.
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 02:59:20 PM »

I agree. The believers in Christ have always been a remnant. So, in Romans 11 when ut says "ALL Israel shall be saved," it is speaking to the Jewish remnant that comes out of the great tribulation.

The nation of Israel does have a future and all of the promises made to her and the covenants will be fulfilled. They are separate from the church and are God's earthly, as opposed to heavenly, people. They will rule over the nations and be the head and not the tail.

aw
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 05:11:49 PM »

Galations 3:28.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 05:54:06 PM »

Christianity is Jewish...IF...you believe the Bible.

Consider this Bible verse:

"But he is a Jew....which is one 'inwardly'....is that of the heart...in the spirit...and, not in the letter....but of God" (Romans 2:29).

Now, is that really so strange ?

Jesus Christ...our Lord and Savior...himself, was a Jew.

And aren't Christians suppose to have Jesus in our hearts ?

Romans 2:28.  For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
 29.  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Yes it simply means that the physical Jew is not the Jew any more,
but the true Jew is one inwardly where cicumcision is of the heart, in the spirit. Christians are spiritual Jews and the people of God. The physical Jews under the law given by Moses are no longer of God and can not be unless they Confess and believe Christ. Then they can be Jews again but of the Spirit. Spiritual.

Colossians 3:1.  If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
 2.  Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
 3.  For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
 4.  When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
 5.  Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
 6.  For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
 7.  In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
 8.  But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
 9.  Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
 10.  And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
 11.  Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

12.  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
 13.  Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
 14.  And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
 15. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Paul lists Jews, Gentiles and God's church seperately in this verse. Other verses make distinction also.
However it is Jews and Gentiles called by the gospel of Jesus Christ that are ONE in Christ Jesus and makeup the church of God.

1 Corinthians10:32.  Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

1 Corinthians 12:13.  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2003, 07:11:23 PM by ollie » Logged

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2003, 06:11:25 PM »

Ah...Christ's lineage was from the Jewish people but He, of course, established His own religion. Christ showed the true meaning of the Old Testament to the Jews but they didn't understand it and still don't to this day.
Christ did not establish His own religion, but fulfilled, the prophecies that came down through the prophets that were under the laws of God as given to Moses, and also was doing  the will of His Father in Heaven.  The Jewish scriptures given of God were a schoolmaster unto Christ and a shadow of the true things of God that were to come. The first being natural and the second being spiritual.

Matthew 26:42.  He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2003, 07:10:16 PM »

Well of course Christianity came from God, but it is through Christ that we reach God. Followers of Christ are called Christians. By the way, God has ordained all of the religions because He uses them for His purposes. It was prophesied that the descendants of Abraham would form a great nation and that the sons of Ischmael would be wild as a donkey. Their religion will play a key part in prophesy as will the Jewish religion.
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2003, 11:04:01 PM »

The nation of Israel does have a future and all of the promises made to her and the covenants will be fulfilled. They are separate from the church and are God's earthly, as opposed to heavenly, people. They will rule over the nations and be the head and not the tail.Once you understand Daniel 9:24-27...you'll know that the nation of Israel has no more place in Bible prophecy. The were given a certain time period to get their act together...and when they rejected CHrist as the Messiah..their fate as a nation was sealed for all time.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2003, 01:24:23 PM »

posted by daredevil as reply #7
Daniel 9:24-27...you'll know that the nation of Israel has no more place in Bible prophecy. The were given a certain time period to get their act together...and when they rejected CHrist as the Messiah..their fate as a nation was sealed for all time.

Daredevil

Perhaps you need at little Juadism 101,  Christians are not Jews in the sense of the word, and neither is Christianity Judaism.

The word Jew taken from the Hebrew word "yehudi" which is derived from Judah (Yehudah) one of the sons of Jacob, whose name God changed to Israel.

Judaism literally means "Judah-ism," that is, the religion of the Yehudim."

"Originally, the term Yehudi referred specifically to members of the tribe of Judah, as distinguished from the other tribes of Israel. However, after the death of King Solomon, the
Nation of Israel was split into two kingdoms: the kingdom of Judah and the kingdom of Israel (I Kings 12; II Chronicles 10). After that time, the word Yehudi could properly be used to describe anyone from the kingdom of Judah, which included the tribes of Judah, Benjamin and Levi, as well as scattered settlements from other tribes. The most obvious biblical example of this usage is in Esther 2:5, where Mordecai is referred to as both a Yehudi and a member of the tribe of Benjamin."

Bsides all of these facts, the Apostle Paul is referring to religious men who rest their faith on keeping the Law of Moses, and boast in their relationship to God ;

Notice verse 17;

Rom 2
17  Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,

The rest of this passage adresses those whom are circumscised into the physical practice of Judaism, which is defined as "outward circumscision", and then at the verse you hang your hat at, Paul simply state that the real Jew is one who has been circumcised of the heart by the spirit.

So clearly one is not made a physical Jewish descendant of Jacob because he is circumcised of the heart by the spirit at all.

The promise to Abraham was that he would be a father to many nations, this in itslef, rejects the idea that all would be Jews (descendants of Jacob).

So you error, leads to a greater error, and that is that God is thru with the Nation of Israel.

Pure and simple...

This distinction is necessary because of Abraham's son Ishmael, whose line certainly isn't Jewish, even though they are descendants of Abraham.

Now, consider tyhe verse;

"Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham." Galatians 3:7

We see here that Gentiles are referred to as children of Abraham because of their faith, but that doesn't mean they are descendants of Jacob.

Although the Apostle reveals a mystery at Eph 3, that the total sum of Israel would include the gentiles and those to whom the promises were made, doesn't make these gentiles descendants of Jacob either.

What Paul clearly states is that those who are circumscised of the Heart by the Spirit, these are the real children of God, and sons of Abraham.

Petro

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 01:55:04 PM »

The sons of Abraham will either follow the Islamic or the Jewish religion. HOWEVER, the ones whom God has chosen to be from Him, can come out of ANY religion. Those are the ones whom Petro coined as being circumcized of the heart by the spirit. They are still physical descendants of Abraham but the real children of God.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2003, 02:42:53 PM »

The sons of Abraham will either follow the Islamic or the Jewish religion. HOWEVER, the ones whom God has chosen to be from Him, can come out of ANY religion. Those are the ones whom Petro coined as being circumcized of the heart by the spirit. They are still physical descendants of Abraham but the real children of God.

heidi,

Right on!!

Petro

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2003, 07:29:25 PM »

Thanks, Petro. it's always nice to be agreed with. Happy face.
eliyosef
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2003, 12:14:56 PM »

Truely Christianity is not a Jewish type religion. It went way far from the tradition that is Judaism.  What jesus taught was way off of tradition. He encouraged work on Shabbat he reconfigured passover to fit his theology, and the for the most part the christian bible was greek. with a greek type human/god at the head as always. so no taken froma Jew the christian bible is not Jewish.

Shalom U'vracha
Eliyosef

p.s. Im bored that is the only reason im here Wink
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2003, 11:06:13 PM »

Actually, eliyosef, there are many things to do in life. You picked this forum because it was your least stressful option. Otherwise, you'd be doing something else.
eliyosef
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2003, 12:46:16 PM »

Actually, eliyosef, there are many things to do in life. You picked this forum because it was your least stressful option. Otherwise, you'd be doing something else.

actually heidi I was off work and i was out fo class at college so i really didnt have that much to do other than just surf and chat. and if you dont like my point of view well that is just tuff Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the