Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:57:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Christianity Jewish ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Christianity Jewish ?  (Read 5503 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2003, 03:33:30 PM »

Eliyoseph, you picked this forum for a reason, otherwise you wouldn't have picked it. Happy face.
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2003, 06:24:45 PM »

I agree. The believers in Christ have always been a remnant. So, in Romans 11 when ut says "ALL Israel shall be saved," it is speaking to the Jewish remnant that comes out of the great tribulation.

The nation of Israel does have a future and all of the promises made to her and the covenants will be fulfilled. They are separate from the church and are God's earthly, as opposed to heavenly, people. They will rule over the nations and be the head and not the tail.

aw

DITTO!!!!!! Cool

Paul2

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2003, 07:34:25 PM »

Truely Christianity is not a Jewish type religion. It went way far from the tradition that is Judaism.  What jesus taught was way off of tradition. He encouraged work on Shabbat he reconfigured passover to fit his theology, and the for the most part the christian bible was greek. with a greek type human/god at the head as always. so no taken froma Jew the christian bible is not Jewish.

Shalom U'vracha
Eliyosef

p.s. Im bored that is the only reason im here Wink
Jesus Christ fulfilled Judaism on the cross.It is gone, done away with. God's people are now living under the grace of God through Faith in Jesus Christ. Not by the law as given to Moses. The law only makes us aware of our transgressions. Christ's blood removes them.

Christ did not reconfigure the passover. He is the the true passover. Judaism only had a shadow of the true passover.

Jesus Christ is Lord of the sabbath.

He did nothing to fit His theology, He did the will of His Father in Heaven, God.

The word of god was given to inspired men of God and was not just penned in koine Greek, but also Hebrew.

The Hebrew scriptures are not Jewish either.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2003, 08:03:52 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2003, 08:21:07 PM »

Christ fulfilled the law for us which is why He is now a replacement for passover. Since none of us can obey the law, He is our atonement. Once we accept that, we are free from the law. It is then used for our benefit rather than as a necessity.
John the Baptist
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2003, 08:22:14 AM »

Christianity is Jewish...IF...you believe the Bible.

Consider this Bible verse:

"But he is a Jew....which is one 'inwardly'....is that of the heart...in the spirit...and, not in the letter....but of God" (Romans 2:29).

Now, is that really so strange ?

Jesus Christ...our Lord and Savior...himself, was a Jew.

And aren't Christians suppose to have Jesus in our hearts ?

Very true! Isa. 5:3 tells of the MATURE choice for Israel as a Virgin Denomination!
But, is it possible to have CHRIST IN THE BORN AGAIN HEART and not be 'IN' HIS VIRGIN DOCTRINES? Hardly!
First comes Matt. 28:20 & then Acts 5:32, and the dis/obedient leftovers? read the next verse!
eliyosef
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2003, 02:25:35 PM »

Truely Christianity is not a Jewish type religion. It went way far from the tradition that is Judaism.  What jesus taught was way off of tradition. He encouraged work on Shabbat he reconfigured passover to fit his theology, and the for the most part the christian bible was greek. with a greek type human/god at the head as always. so no taken froma Jew the christian bible is not Jewish.

Shalom U'vracha
Eliyosef

p.s. Im bored that is the only reason im here Wink
Jesus Christ fulfilled Judaism on the cross.It is gone, done away with. God's people are now living under the grace of God through Faith in Jesus Christ. Not by the law as given to Moses. The law only makes us aware of our transgressions. Christ's blood removes them.

Christ did not reconfigure the passover. He is the the true passover. Judaism only had a shadow of the true passover.

Jesus Christ is Lord of the sabbath.

He did nothing to fit His theology, He did the will of His Father in Heaven, God.

The word of god was given to inspired men of God and was not just penned in koine Greek, but also Hebrew.

The Hebrew scriptures are not Jewish either.
Sorry to burst the bubble but yes jesus did twist the passover from the original meaning and might i add way off into left field, lets see, to go from the passing over of the angel of death over the Hebrew Households to this is my body and this is my blood eat and drink of it is definately a change a very big and horriblely corrupted change me thinks he spent to much time with the greeks. Grin
How does one fullfill the Torah lets look at what is required, oh wait G-d said the Torah is Eternal too bad Sad. Jesus on the cross if he existed was a very roman execution for more than likely being a revolutionary.  
And Yes the Hebrew scriptures are Jewish they were written by Jews for the Jews to educate Jews.  to correct you they were not written first in Greek they were written in Hebrew first.

My next Question is are you a Jew??? If Not then you are a Gentile and gentiles were never under the Sinai/Abrahamaic Covenant anyway so your claim to an end to the Torah is fallacious and carries no weight; me Jew you Gentile. This reminds me of a bit of scripture that goes against and really disproves jesus' "supposed end" to the Torah Psalms 119:151-152 read it and weep about Torah's eternalness, plus there are more where that came from all over Torah and the prophets and writings just to mention another since you believe that the Torah(Law) is not perfect read Psalms 19:8-9 Tongue

Also since you seem to think jesus was some sort of sacrifice the Torah also Prohibits human sacrifices Smiley
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2003, 04:56:26 PM »

Of course He was a sacrifice, Eliyoseph! He died for everything you or any of us ever does wrong. His death and sacrifice was prophesied all through the OT and Torah...unless of course, you don't believe the Torah.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2003, 05:03:30 PM »

Christ fulfilled the law for us which is why He is now a replacement for passover. Since none of us can obey the law, He is our atonement. Once we accept that, we are free from the law. It is then used for our benefit rather than as a necessity.
Yes, and amen and hallelujah!

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2003, 05:12:23 PM »

The cleansing of Christ's blood on all that are His will cause a wonderful passover of God's wrath for those that are found faithful at the end. However the passover begins when one comes into Christ and the journey to the promised land begins and the tyranny of Eygpt, (sin), is over. If you are washed in the blood of Christ, the plagues of God upon the heathen will not scathe you.

Christ is the passover!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 05:15:33 PM by ollie » Logged

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2003, 05:27:54 PM »

Right on, Ollie!
eliyosef
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2003, 11:05:15 AM »

The cleansing of Christ's blood on all that are His will cause a wonderful passover of God's wrath for those that are found faithful at the end. However the passover begins when one comes into Christ and the journey to the promised land begins and the tyranny of Eygpt, (sin), is over. If you are washed in the blood of Christ, the plagues of God upon the heathen will not scathe you.

Christ is the passover!

LoL first off christ has nothing to do with athe passover other than he celebrated his version of it when he got older and he celebrated it when he was younger. I may as well apply the same logic and say I am the passover.  Jesus very much is not the passover. Actually you have the passover incorrect it was when the angel of death passed over the Hebrew households as per the tenth plague of Egypt. The actual Journey to the promised land is the Exodus from Egypt. The journey to the promised land didnt begin until Pharoh told them to Go after the last plague, then the journey begins, the other stuff before the Great Exodus was preliminary to show to the Hebrews that G-d is with them. So no Jesus is not the passover he twisted and bent the passover to fit a man/deity complex  that was totally greek. Actually the plagues were upon the Egyptians now you are generalizing people as heathens that is not the tradition of passover, and no christ was not a type of sacrifice the Torah prohibits Human sacrifice so sacrifice consideration for him is null and void because of G-d's word against human sacrifice and the Torah's word is eternal, without end(Psalm 119:151-152). so in conclusion he is not the passover because the original passover is about the angel of death passing over the Hebrew households not the body and blood of some first century "greek" Jew. and second of all jesus is no type of sacrifice because G-d's Torah prohibits such an act and G-d does not go against his word(Torah), so to say that jesus was a human sacrifice is to call G-d a liar when he prohibited human sacrifices. "The Torah(Law) of HaShem is perfect renewing life; the decrees of HaShem are enduring making the simple wise." Psalm 19:8-9

you are really reaching when comparing Egypt to sin since in Genesis it was the choice of the Hebrews to go to Egypt because of Famine in the land and it just happened that Joseph took His family in and gave them land to dwell on. to compare Egypt to sin is incorrect and by far reaching for something that isnt there. Grin Wink

eliyosef
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2003, 11:15:55 AM »

Yes, and amen and hallelujah!
Well Heidi since you are a gentile you were never under Jewish Law to begin with. Second no one can fulfill the Torah for one not all Laws apply at every point in time. Third Jesus did not fulfill the Torah nor did he obey all of G-d's law.  For example how did jesus, since he was a man, do the commandments forwomen such as during her period, i would really like to know how he pulled that off, did he change his sex every now and then. Huh.  fourth how did he do the functions of the Temple priest, he was not a levite so he could not do the levite commandments nor the commandments of the High priest. the very fact that he was not a levite keeps him from being able to do that, so what did he change tribes also every now and then Huh. he even broke the commandment to obeserve Shabbat(sabbath) by telling his disciples it is ok to work when G-d said to do no work on that day and keep it a holy day. Cry
So in conclusion he was very far from doing all of G-d's commandments and fulfilling the Torah in any way. besides the Torah(Law) is eternal and perfect(Psalms 19:8-9; 119:151-152)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2003, 04:54:18 PM »

You have no idea what Jesus means by fulfilling the law, Eliyoseph. What He means is that we no longer have to try to obey the law because we can't anyway. None of us can love God all of the time or our neighbors all the time or never lust or hate or covet, etc. He was the supremem sacrifice once and for all and instead of doing all those rituals which are exhausting, we now only have to accept His sacrifice. Now we don't NEED the law to get God's love as the Jews still do. All we have to do is accept that we are forgiven through Christ's death on the cross. But the jews are still slaves to the law which they can't obey all the time anyway. Their lives are based on restrictions and fear. The Christian life is based on liberation and love.  
John the Baptist
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2003, 07:49:09 PM »

You have no idea what Jesus means by fulfilling the law, Eliyoseph. What He means is that we no longer have to try to obey the law because we can't anyway. None of us can love God all of the time or our neighbors all the time or never lust or hate or covet, etc. He was the supremem sacrifice once and for all and instead of doing all those rituals which are exhausting, we now only have to accept His sacrifice. Now we don't NEED the law to get God's love as the Jews still do. All we have to do is accept that we are forgiven through Christ's death on the cross. But the jews are still slaves to the law which they can't obey all the time anyway. Their lives are based on restrictions and fear. The Christian life is based on liberation and love.  

You can't what?? That is not the Word of God!! Cry. Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9 says otherwise! Yes, surely one 'FIRST' needs the Born Again REBIRTH!

The type of 'professed' Christian of your posting discription would be the most miserable of people! Not being able to keep from sinning??? (lust, you say? steal, lieing, killing? What is next?) Wow! Who would want to be a Christian that is POWERLESS in your type of Christ?? (as the above verses tell us otherwise!)

Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2003, 08:10:25 PM »

I have to disagree with eliyosef's assertion that the promise given to Abraham was not to Gentiles, and AW's comment about "all Israel" being saved.

Studying the covenant in Genesis 17:1-6 I found that a "hamon goyim"(many nations), in verse four is a promise to make Abraham a father of "multitudes of Gentiles", specifically, a people who would cause a tumultuous commotion, or great noise (about Abraham's God), throughout the world. Their heirs would be exceedingly fruitful.

Here is the Strongs of many nations in vs. five:

01995 Nwmh hamown haw-mone’ or Nmh hamon (#Eze 5:7) haw-mone’

from 01993; TWOT-505a; n m

AV-multitude 62, noise 4, tumult 4, abundance 3, many 3, store 2, company 1, multiplied 1, riches 1, rumbling 1, sounding 1; 83

1) (Qal) murmur, roar, crowd, abundance, tumult, sound
1a) sound, murmur, rush, roar
1b) tumult, confusion
1c) crowd, multitude
1d) great number, abundance
1e) abundance, wealth
01471 ywg gowy go’-ee rarely (shortened) yg goy go’-ee

apparently from the same root as 01465; TWOT-326e

AV-nation 374, heathen 143, Gentiles 30, people 11; 558

n m
1) nation, people
1a) nation, people
1a1) usually of non-Hebrew people
1a2) of descendants of Abraham
1a3) of Israel
1b) of swarm of locusts, other animals (fig.)

n pr m 1c) Goyim? =" nations"

To me, this means that Abraham was the father of both the Jewish people and the Gentile people. Both houses of Israel were branches cut off by their sins and taken into captivity. Ephraim (being those of the lost tribes) would represent those when Jesus spoke of other "sheep which are not of this fold; I must bring them in also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd." And "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (John 10:16; Matthew 15:24) - that have heard the voice of the shepherd, Jesus, and have been grafted back in. Judah went back to Jerusalem and rebuilt the wall, but rejected Messiah which is explained in Romans 11:25-26 - "For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery - so that you will not be wise in your own estimation - a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in: and thus all Israel will be saved...." Notice that ALL Israel will be saved in the end, which does go back to Ezekial 37 and the uniting of the two sticks or dead branches that had been cut off but now to be brought to life by His Spirit.

Another reference to the two houses of Israel is in Hebrews 8:8 were Israel and Judah are the recipients of the better covenant through Christ. Israel was always known as the house of Ephraim or Joseph, as the house of double blessing and the first born of God. Ephraim means to prosper while in captivity.
Here is a prophetic statement about these two dhouses that is being fulfilled even now:
Ezekial 37:16  Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: 17  And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
As I have stated at earlier times. I think the church is the house of Ephraim, hidden in a "pleasant place" - the USA - all these years and never really lost to God. As the Jews, the house of Judah convert and become aware of Messiah, the two houses will once again become "one" in God's hand.

Hosea 9:13  Ephraim, as I saw Tyrus, is planted in a pleasant place: but Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer.

Jeremiah 31:9  They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Hosea 11:10  They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the