Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:06:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Westboro Baptist Church Chased Away
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Westboro Baptist Church Chased Away  (Read 867 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2006, 11:24:57 PM »

I can't/won't show the video because of the foul language involved and because of advertising on the web site. It was pretty scary for the WBC though. They were protesting at yet another funeral of a fallen soldier that had honorably served in Iraq. This soldiers family and friends were trying to peacefully mourn their loss when this group started spewing their hate. Some bystanders giving honor to this fallen Soldier went wild making the WBC group run for their lives. With the aid of police they ran for their van leaving many things behind. One of them said whatever is left is left we aren't going back. On the way out of the area one of the van windows was broken by an object that was thrown at them.

I do not condone what happened. This sort of violence is not right no matter what these people say. As one person said though "Hate breeds hate", these people should expect to receive what they did. Unfortunately the WBC group will probably take it as being commended for doing the right thing.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 02:05:23 AM »

Brother,

What these WBC folks are doing is obscene and horribly cruel to the families of fallen soldiers. More laws need to be passed that make it impossible for these idiots to continue what they're doing. Further, I hate the idea that they are associating themselves with a church and GOD. It's sickening and inhuman what they are doing. Frankly, I have a really hard time in having any Christian thoughts about them. These mad dogs are using twisted and distorted rights that don't exist in my opinion. Older public conduct laws would apply perfectly. Twenty years ago, they would have been thrown in jail immediately and faced a variety of charges that should still be quite reasonable. They would have been looking at big fines and jail time for every single incident in the past, and no court would have recognized any right to do what they are doing. Some of the more obvious laws would involve public safety, disturbing the peace, disturbing a church service, disturbing a funeral service, and a variety of other laws that were and should still be QUITE REASONABLE. It the absence of this, most folks start thinking about tar and feathers as a MINIMUM. It's really a gross failure of courts and law makers to allow what they are doing.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 05:23:49 AM »

When the ACLU gets packed up for that outer space trip the WBC group needs to be sent with them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 08:43:16 AM »

can we shoot them out of a cannon? Grin Grin Grin

We can aim them towards th sun, they might as well start getting used to the heat  Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 08:46:56 AM »

That works for me.   Grin Grin Grin

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 09:23:46 AM »

I would find it hard to contain myself as well.

We had a tragedy here.  A school bus filled with high school children had lost control and flipped over the railing on an elevated section of the freeway and fell 30+ feet.  4 were killed in the accident and many more are still in the hospital.

This church of chaos and hate sent members to protest at the funerals of these children.

I was sickened that a group such as this would cause the Lord such blaspheme.  Paul expressed it well in Romans when speaking of how people are causing the Lords name to be like mud to the gentiles.  The unsaved see this action and it being done by some proclaiming to be a church and they will most certainly reject Christ and be lost.  It goes back to the other thread about fundamentals and such and the stereotype that is potrayed.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 09:33:19 AM »

Amen brother. I saw that tragedy reported on the news. I didn't know that the WBC went there until your saying it. You are totally correct about how it harms the Lord and the work of His Church. It is for this reason that we must do all we can to denounce the hatred that they spew, something that the so called moderate muslims will not do to the radical ones.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 09:39:28 AM »

I just went to their website.  For some insight. 
It is truly sad to see such hate coming in the name of the Lord. 
I see in big bold print "Thank God for IEDs"

It seems this all started about 10 years ago when apparently some college kids set of an IED at their church or parsonage or something like that.  And I guess the Emergency crews did not respond fast enough or something...obviously thinking that there could not be a bomb or anything like that... But because of this then America attacked them.  And because America attacked them then God is punishing America and that the dead are dead because of God's judgement.  Note they are only targeting what we would consider an early death or death by others hands and things like that...they are not out and old man Crandels funeral who died at the ripe old age of 104 and died of old age.

I think I shall be sick to my stomach

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 10:31:52 AM »

Brother don't believe what you read on their site. They started their demonstrations in June, 1991. A lot of violence went with their demonstrations that was initiated by the WBC each time having many of them jailed and/or fined for it. The people of Topeka got tired of their hate spewing and violence and in 1993 at a picket of a local restaurant a fight ensued that got a number of the WBC hurt. A local newspaper then called for people to stand up against their continued picketing and violence against businesses, homes and other churches. The violence from both sides escalated causing Phelps group to build their compound.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 12:43:34 PM »

Ah I was still digging...I figured I would find the alternate beginning...or in this case the truth of the matter.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 12:57:11 PM »

Not a problem brother. I have been following this thing from the very beginning. A friend of mine lived not far from there and got caught up in one of the pickets. One of the first funerals they picketed was that of a Military buddy of mine that died during the first Gulf War. I saw some of this first hand as I went there on a visit to some friends.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 12:58:15 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I have a folder on my computer somewhere that contains quite a few articles and information about WBC. I've been to their site a couple of times, but I really can't stand it. It almost makes me physically sick to look at their hate site. The WBC property is like a war compound on the front line of a major war with barbed-wire fences and much more. One of the main buildings is much more like a bunker than a church. Many of the so-called WBC church members are actually family of the head loony-tune Phelps. They cause near riots almost everywhere they go. This group of lunatics are heartless and don't have any compassion at all for human suffering. I really don't know what makes them tick, but I don't care about finding out.

There is no excuse for their obscene and ungodly conduct. If this group serves as ambassadors for anyone, it would be for the devil. I've never seen or heard about an ounce of Christian conduct out of this group. It really bothers me that this group tries to associate themselves with GOD in any way. They need to give thanks that it isn't Old Testament times. They would be in danger of GOD striking them down.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 01:05:06 PM »

With the exception of a small handful of people this group belongs to either the Phelps family or the Hockenbarger family. Two of the Hockenbargers are married into the Phelps family.

They need to give thanks that it isn't Old Testament times. They would be in danger of GOD striking them down.

That will be the end result in God's own time.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 04:07:53 PM »

Amen to that

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the