Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:31:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Encouragement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Encouragement  (Read 1673 times)
remnant

View Profile WWW
« on: September 22, 2003, 08:26:22 AM »

There comes a time in every woman's life when she has to take a close look at herself. Not at her circumstance, not at what she did, not how unfair life is or not at who made you do it. She has to just look at herself in all her glory and imperfection. For many women, this is a scary thing because often times they don't want to know the truth
about themselves.

Virtuous women know what I mean. As women, we have a tendency to water one another down. Maybe it makes us feel good or look better than the next woman. Or maybe we just don't know how to tell that woman how we admire her. In reality, we really need to look at ourselves and the pain we project towards other women
Have you ever admired a woman who has been through changes in her life? Or have you made up in your mind that she is just messed up.

Before you make this mistake, take a close look. A woman who has endured the most unusual life is someone of wisdom. Someone who has been chosen by God to go through. Think of all the great women in the bible, Mary Magdalene, Ruth and Naomi, The woman with an issue of blood, and Esther, to name a few.

Mary was a prostitute. A very uneasy woman. But, by the time God was done with her, she was His closest follower. Esther was unfortunate in marrying an abusive man.
By the time God was done with her, she married one of the wealthiest men in the land.
Have you ever admired the strength of a single mother? Or have you made up your mind that it's too bad she had children on her own. A single mother knows no bounds when it comes to her children. She is strong and durable. Single mothers are strong, not because she has to be, but because it comes naturally for her to protect the extensions of her very being.

Her love for her children is like that of fuel to a car. Most mothers keep their tanks full because they understand that, if it runs low, you could jeopardize the car and have problems in the long run. Other women only fill it when it is needed. Their cars usually break down.

Have you ever wondered why some women are not approachable? Or have you made up your mind that she is just mean. A quiet woman is a smart woman. She is valuable. She doesn't go off half-cocked and she won't be the one to argue with you over nothing. She just may even let you go on "setting her straight" and politely back out without a fight. She doesn't let many in her world. After all, she has probably been through the fire and had to rebuild. So why let just anyone in?

This is usually the woman that not only has and knows her place, which is away from all the unnecessary things in life.Have you ever wondered why that woman is so loud? Well, hey she has a lot to say. These are usually our younger women who have to learn refrain. They are eager and unsettled. They do before they think, and
they do not think before they talk. They just go on.

Have you ever wondered about that woman who appears to have everything, yet is still very unhappy? Well, she doesn't have everything. She doesn't have personal validation. This is something that cannot be bought. This is something developed over many mistakes and challenges that have taught lessons of the unbearable. Women are so quick to beat the next one down instead of trying to hold her up.

Before you wonder, What's up with her? ask yourself; What's up with me? Why do I beat down another woman to build myself up? That woman could be my mother, sister, aunt, in-law, step-mother, niece, grandmother, great-grandmother, neighbor, friend, co-worker, etc. That woman could just be me.

Women are the carrier of life, not the channel of death. Let's build and encourage each other as did Ruth and Naomi.

Pass this to all the women in your life. Encourage and Love, Forgive and Forget, and trust that the woman that receives this will be touched in some way.

Remnant

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord
Louise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 09:25:51 AM »

Thank You so much for sharing this it truely spoke to my "beat-up" heart.

God Bless You!

Kindness is a gift ~ Please unwrap some today!
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 12:05:53 PM »

Remnant, I wish there were more wome around like you. I must be wise because i've had a lot of adversity in my life that may look to outsiders like I'm messed up. But ever since the Lord came into my life and has cleaned it up, a lot of people don't know what to make of m any more. We are all so full of sin that we don't know how to love each other. We've all been hurt so we avoid getting to know each other. My lifestyle is much quieter than it used to be because i don't want to throw pearls to swine. I also don't want to look like a fool because every time I open my mouth, my humanity comes out. But it's really hard to get used to because i used to be so active. Thanks for sharing those thoughts.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 06:42:40 PM »

Remnant, this is a great post. I am the editor of my church's newsletter, and I was wondering if you would mind if I shared this with my congregation. Your post is a jewel.

Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 09:33:18 PM »

Thankyou so much for that lovely post.  Like Louise, I have a more than beat up heart.  You spoke to it!  And it was lovely.
God Bless You
Tamara
Angela24

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 11:28:27 PM »

I felt like you were describing me ... I am that single mother; that quiet woman..... thanks for sharing this ... it truely touched the inner depth of my soul.  

Ang

"God grant me the Serenity to accept the thing I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the