Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 01:25:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286847 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How's President Bush doing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's President Bush doing?  (Read 2259 times)
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2003, 02:44:53 AM »

Let's hear your viewpoint.

Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 05:13:22 AM »

It seems there is a bit of struggling going on, but I don't feel that a lot of it is his fault. Some though. I feel He needs our prayers more than ever before. There are forces out to attack him no matter how good he does.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 05:52:36 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I would first say that we are obviously living in difficult times. We are also experiencing many things for the first time, so we are in uncharted territory. This, alone, should be enough, but there is much more.

There is an election coming blood letting. Many of the politicians have sunk to new lows. There also appears to be a news frenzy on just about every tidbit of information that comes out, true or not. However, this is also just the beginning. There are many arising issues that are sure to create turmoil and test the moral fiber of America.  

I definitely think that every Christian needs to pray for our leaders every day, regardless of whether they agree with them or not. I would obviously say the same thing about praying for our troops, regardless of whether one agrees with the war or not.

So, how is President Bush doing? - Much better than anyone could possibly hope for, including his political enemies.

In Christ,
Tom

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 08:15:30 AM »

Good, I like him, and I trust him over the Democratic Candidates.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 08:46:38 AM »

He gave a personal reply, from the Oval Office, yesterday, to Ted Kennedy's verbal attack, that Bush was using Iraq for political reasons.  Bush replied Kennedy "uncivil".

He's doing about as best as one could do, in that office.  I don't think anyone could do any better, given these circumstances.

Kennedy's, and other's, assault could be seen as desperation.  Bush has done admirably, I think.  So there would be a lot of jealousy.

As the attacks become more vociferous, then, that probably mean Bush is doing a better and better job.

Same with us as Christians--the closer our walk with Jesus, the sharper the attacks, no doubt.

I think we can be very thankful for President Bush, and should keep him and his cabinet--VPCheney, AG Ashcroft, SS Powell, CZ Rice, Sec of Defense(name?)--daily in our prayers...

Grin
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2003, 06:25:00 PM »

There is a lot of propaganda going around about Bush, lies ans twisted that make people dislike him him/ Think about it this way, it is commonfor the Contenders to attack the Current officer holder. Only problem is, there are around 9 contenders, and many more still tryign to get in the race, and they are all coming up with slightly different ways to attack Bush. He is getting attacked from side. Oh Well. Bush doesn't have the resources to attack them all, and if he attacks one, they will turn it around. He is doing the wise and admirably. Lets hope the brainwashing the Dem's have given to the public will not cause Bush to lose...

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2003, 01:54:02 AM »

I don't really know how he's doing.  Maybe I can email him and ask him.  I do know he needs to stay away from pretzels though.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2003, 09:30:10 AM »

I don't really know how he's doing.  Maybe I can email him and ask him.  I do know he needs to stay away from pretzels though.

lol Wink

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2003, 05:19:38 PM »

At the U.N., today, in New York...

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 08:18:03 PM »

That black cord really makes the photo priceless.

I think he's doing a good job, I think he has a terrible situation to deal with during his presidency, I can't believe how the country on the one hand mourns 9-11 as they should, and then turns around and bashes bush for doing anything about it.

But I think those peace talks have got to end. Asking Israel to make peace with Palestine...he's a professing Christian and I need for him to understand why this is not a good idea to try to give control over the land God gave His chosen people, to God's enemies. In any respect. But I love the guy. I think he's a great president.

rafter

I give up all controversy with God He is right!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2003, 09:36:12 PM »

I think he is doing lousy. Does not mean I think anyone else could do better. I think we should have finished Afghanstan first, before we took on Irag. I think it crazy to get so worked up about 3900 people dying in 9/11, but don't seem to notice that many abortions a day.  I really do believe we should fix one problem before we go on to more problems. It may not be popular, but it would save lives and money.
  And just for the record, I have not trusted many politicans in my life time. We should pray, pray that God direct thier hearts as He will. But alas that might cost us our comfort.
  I will trust GW's judgement when it is his son's and daughters over there. Mine are there. His are not. Don't appreciate his smugness, when it is not his kids, or his money he is sending over there.

Be anxious for nothing, but in all things, through prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests know unto God.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2003, 09:41:23 PM »

We did "finish" Afghanistan, militarily speaking.

I haven’t checked this out, but I’m pretty sure Bush can’t Bomb abortion clinics. Wink He is doing what he can to Fight abortion.

rafter

I give up all controversy with God He is right!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2003, 09:53:00 PM »

Hey my opinion was asked, I gave it. And try and tell the soldiers in Afghanstan it is finished. And where oh where is bin laden?                                                                               I am not asking anyone to bomb abortion clinics. He may be doing all he can to stop abortion, but it is not working. My comment about abortion was not directed a GW. It is just in how people percieve things. We mourned over 9/11 and rightfully so. But we don't mourn the same over those thousands of unborn babies being murdered. And before you get all upset, I am not pointing fingers. We means us as a country, the USA as a whole.
  I feel the world leaders are pushing us to the end of time. GW included. That is my opinion. And pushing Israel to make peace with palistine is about the dumbest thing I have heard of in awhile............ Just my 2 cents

Be anxious for nothing, but in all things, through prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests know unto God.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2003, 10:03:32 PM »

There is no oganized resitance in Afghanstan. I'm still to bet just as many cops get kills in the line of duty, if not more, then soilders in Afghanstan. The war is over, was over before we started with Iraq.

A lot of Christians more the death of babies daily.

GW isn't Pushing any more then more other Prez has been pushing.

my 2 cents on your 2 cents Grin

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2003, 11:06:10 PM »

To preface my comments I would like to state that I'm so thankful that Clinton is no longer the President. That wicked man did more damage to our national security than any other. Shame on a people who would vote him in not once; but twice. He also, had the morals of an alley cat. Who knows he may be the first president in history to contract AIDS!

On to George Bush.....and the issues.

1) On fighting terrorism; he has done a great job overseas....but maintaining security at our own borders, very poorly.(The borders should be closed ASAP)

2) On the Israeli- Palestinian issue, and the "Road Map to Peace"....terrible. He has had a double standard on how we handle terrorists, yet Israeli citizens are supposed to get slaughtered with no recourse. Not to mention the "land for peace' deals. He definetly has not looked at this from a Biblical viewpoint.

3) He does not mention being a Christian (rather he's a man of "faith") to non-Christians. He will speak of Christ to Christian audiences. He spends too much time trying to appease all faiths. He's a member of the United Methodist Church, which is affliated with the World Council of Churches ( a marxist organization)

4) Condolezza Rice and Gen. Powell are both pro-abortion.

5) Bush entertains members of the Log Cabin Republicans ( a sodomite group)

6) The Patriot Act and The Homeland Security Act (The brainchild of Clinton) have been passed under his leadership. There are some serious constitutional issues involved here.

7) NAFTA and GATT which were passed by his dad ,and the policies continue ,have done more to lose jobs in this nation and export them to China and Mexico.

Yes, I believe he is really trying....and he appears to be a sincere man. And yes, he's ten times the man ole' Clinton will ever be, but it's time Christians starting voting according to biblical standards and not pragmatism.There is another option...The Constitution Party.

Psalm 119
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the