Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:30:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Woman Preachers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Woman Preachers  (Read 9434 times)
LoggedintoJesus

John 3:16 John 11:25 Rev 22:17

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2003, 10:11:31 PM »

I guess this would be a tough subject if the wife is wearing the pants.
And some wives do a better job too when wearing the pants.

Now where can I run to?? Cheesy

psalm 62:8  Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him, God is a refuge for us.
Reba
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2003, 10:43:41 PM »

Church 3 times a week was normal and  more church was not uncommon growing up. I saw a lot of people i never met a lady preacher  who wasn't  wacked  in some way.  

We ( women) can and must share the gospel.  Every pastor needs a GODLY wife. Often hubby and wife are a team hubby is the quarterback.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2003, 06:17:30 AM »

Church 3 times a week was normal and  more church was not uncommon growing up. I saw a lot of people i never met a lady preacher  who wasn't  wacked  in some way.  

We ( women) can and must share the gospel.  Every pastor needs a GODLY wife. Often hubby and wife are a team hubby is the quarterback.

Amen

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2003, 06:16:57 PM »

How do you feel about this?
1 corinthians 14:34
1 Corinthians 14:34 is refering to the assemblies of the church.

The women are to follow through as such:

1 Corinthians 14:35. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Not in the assemblies, but of their husbands at home.

1 Timothy 2:12.  But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

In order to not be contradictory with the following verses quoted, as God's word does not contradict itself, this verse seems to infer, again, silence in the public assemblies of the church.

However women can teach and serve in the Lord's business, but not in the assemblies:

Acts 18:24.  And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
 25.  This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
 26.  And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

Romans 16:1.  I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
 2.  That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
 3.  Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:
 4.  Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 09:40:24 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Reba
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2003, 08:43:54 PM »

Well said Ollie  Smiley
Hunibuni

I am searching for Truth

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2003, 04:06:52 PM »

The first person to bring the message of the Good News that Jesus was risen, was a woman. And that is my final Answer.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2003, 07:22:33 PM »

If there are lots of women preachers around, it doesn't say much for the men.

The accusation I heard on network radio news this last summer, when the Episcopals announced their ordination of gay ministers was, "You never said anything when we announced the ordination of women ministers, in 1976."

In other words, the proverbial slippery slope, all of this creates.

But if there aren't any men around, then the women definitely have to do something.

If there ARE any men around, it doesn't say much for the men.

Roll Eyes
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2003, 07:45:16 PM »

The first person to bring the message of the Good News that Jesus was risen, was a woman. And that is my final Answer.
Yes!

Christian women according to God's word should tell of the good news of Jesus Christ. However they are to be silent in the assemblies of the saints.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2003, 03:16:54 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2003, 01:25:47 PM »

If there are lots of women preachers around, it doesn't say much for the men.

"You never said anything when we announced the ordination of women ministers, in 1976."

Well, now those in the church who are for the ordination of active homosexuals and woman, can use the 1976 incident as a defense for  other controversial decisions which will be m ade by the hierarchy in the future.

No doubt will is a good lesson, for the ungodlie on how to infiltrate and take over an institution.

But this little, post made me think of a........... what if, question.

What if Eve could speak to the sepent today.

She may say, if I would have just known how miserable life can be knowing good and evil, and what it is like being "like God."

Why did you give me the apple to eat.

Hey... this is nothing, the best is yet to come for you, and besides you didn't complain then, quit whinning now..  

He was a lier from the begining, and a murderer..

Reba
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2003, 01:43:04 PM »

The homosexual act is an abomination but being a woman is not.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2003, 06:00:50 PM »

The homosexual act is an abomination but being a woman is not.

But being a woman preacher might be............

Pet

Reba
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2003, 06:34:52 PM »

So might a man preacher  Tongue
A2J

Messenger of Love

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2003, 10:03:02 AM »

Well, one of the hottest, controversial topics... Smiley

God uses anyone who is available and obedient to His commands, if a woman is then so be it...who are we to limit the Almight God.??

Bye the Bye the verse in 1Cor 14 needs to be read in context (historical) there is lots too say...so little time

If Women can't be preachers then what of Joyce Meyers, Juanita Bynum, Paula White, Gloria Copeland, Kathering Kuhlman to name a few!!!

Finally being homosexual and being a woman are too totally different things!!!

Isaiah 66 : 2
For all these things My hand has made, and so all these things have come into being [by and for Me], says the Lord. But this is the man to whom I will look and have regard: he who is humble and of a broken or wounded spirit, and who trembles at My word and reveres My commands.
loneranger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2003, 10:48:22 AM »

Corinthians I 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Corinthians I 11:13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
orinthians I 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
Corinthians I 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

Timothy 2:12.  But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

I know a woman preacher who violates all these scriptures, yet people say God uses her tremendously.  I don't listen to her or watch her because to me she so flagrantly violates these scriptures that she is an insult to me.  But I guess God uses her.  I suppose all of us violate some scritpure but god uses us all.  God takes us where we are.  Her understanding allows her to violate these scriptures because she interprets them wrongly. So her conscience is clean before God.  It's an imperfect world and an imperfect Church that God uses.
Jesussavedusall

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2003, 01:05:24 AM »

How come God uses her if he doesn't allow her to teach? Plus God isn't supposed to change his mind either:

Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent"

So will she be punished for it? Since it is going against what the Bible says, like First Timothy, is she sinning?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 01:07:15 AM by Jesussavedusall » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the