Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:48:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Woman Preachers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Woman Preachers  (Read 9369 times)
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2003, 10:14:52 AM »

Gee, Petro, why couldnt I see that .....that since I believe that Scripture shows God annointing women as pastors as well as men, and in fact that the Bible shows women are equal to men in all aspects of being in Christ, whether "role" wise or spiritual -wise, that I must also desire for homosexuality to be "OK" with God. That would be also the belief and mindset of all the resources and biblical egaltarians.... and not just a sweeping broadbased generalization with no credibility or basis to it......
Your position would have to be right, wouldnt it? You have learned this and have a few Scriptures to hold up as basis wouldnt you?  This couldnt be anything like the "social" or "humanitarian" view that some held about slavery. That those who held tightly to Scripture citing verses that "clearly showed" slavery was the will of God , that men were "blessed" by God to own slaves and well, those slaves were also just darned blessed to be able to have a Christian slaveowner who would "take care" and "provide" for them because well that is the way God deemed it to be.....it was through much bloodshed and lost lives that somehow another look was taken at Scripture and even though it was held to be the truth for so long, they came to realize that their interpretation was, well, wrong.  The Scriptures were all still the same, but how they were viewed was not.

So, that gives me great understanding when someone like you "sets me straight" by giving those profound remarks you make, especially in the means that you do so and knowing that you know so well that you have the "truth" you dont even have to look any further.

Well, I am glad that I can help you.

Now that you know the truth, you won't be able to argue, ignorance of Gods will.

I am sure you will think up another argument, to justify yourself, disregarding the command of JESUS.

Your heros, liberal religious egaltarians, (and there esxists  such an animal), for the most part are nothing more than self serving, magnanimous egotists that seek out people to follow after their pied pipings, in the direction of their god.

Of course they must reinterpret Gods word to realign it with their agenda.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Petro  

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2003, 10:25:33 AM »

The loneranger, was so right when he posted;

"Likewise, women preachers have found a way around the scriptures against women preachers"

Liberals are always looking for loopholes.

In the Word of God, no less??

Amazing...

Petro

suzie

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2003, 11:14:04 AM »

Jabez-

I have the gift of leadership and have served in that capacity throughout the years in various churches. I was challenged about women as leaders in one of these settings which began an earnest study on this through the Bible and through research. Unlike Petro would have you believe, while there are extremists in each camp (as you have witnessed) there are many more who have given this subject the insight and Biblical research it deserves with meaningful and Biblical basis. I have read on both "camps" of extremes and the many variations in between that various Christians believe the Scriptures reveal. I would be glad to share that information with you and allow you to discern this for yourself if you like.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2003, 07:40:41 PM »

Jabez-

I have the gift of leadership and have served in that capacity throughout the years in various churches.

I think that is wonderfull.  There is nothing that prevents you from serving in some leadership capacity, at any chuch.

What we have been discussing here is preaching in a church gathering setting (such as 1 Cor 14:23-33), where believers assemble as families, both men, woman and children.

Woman are commanded to keep silence, and not teach men.

I was challenged about women as leaders in one of these settings which began an earnest study on this through the Bible and through research.

That is great, if you have leadership abilities, and claim to be christian you should use your abilities for God, teaching women and children.

Unlike Petro would have you believe, while there are extremists in each camp (as you have witnessed) there are many more who have given this subject the insight and Biblical research it deserves with meaningful and Biblical basis.

I am afraid, anyone who disagrees with you being a preacher teaching men, would be an extremists, in your opnion, but then again,   that is your opinion, and it means little, when living for God, what matters is His will be done, not yours.

I have read on both "camps" of extremes and the many variations in between that various Christians believe the Scriptures reveal.

Nothing which you read or have read  from the camps are Gods word, they are simply opinions, and like your opinions,  mine or anybody else's, they are all wrong when and if they contradict Gods known will.

In this case it is;

Paul, who authoritatively has the final word on behalf of Christ, he wrote in 1 Cor 14:

34  Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
35  And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
36  What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
37  If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

And again;

1 Tim 10
11  Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12  But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

This pretty clear cut...isn't it??

I would be glad to share that information with you and allow you to discern this for yourself if you like.

No thanks, I wouldn't be interested, in biting into your apple.

IF, you can prove it using the scriptures only, and not others opinioins, or commentaries, I might be interested, in hearing your understanding of sciptures which lead you to believe, you can preach to men and women in a church setting.

But I won't bite, until I see it, completely.

Blessings,
Petro
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 04:13:12 PM by Petro » Logged

Jesussavedusall

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2003, 02:09:20 AM »

Wait what was this about, what is sin for one person isn't a sin for another? That doesn't sound right. So I guess we aren't all created equal huh? I'm confused. Huh
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 03:03:02 AM by Jesussavedusall » Logged
Hunibuni

I am searching for Truth

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2003, 04:00:34 PM »

How can one not believe that God calls women to preach. No one has a problem when the mother preaches in the home, nor does one argue the fact that most of their spiritual up bringing comes from the guidance of a woman. The Lord called me to preach after I got married. My husband is my covering as Christ is his. I didn't call myself, due to the fact that I was not brought up in a religious household but a spiritual one, to be honest with you I didn't know how people became preachers and never cared to asked. I came into greater understanding that not only will God call a woman, but he called me to preach. That in itself is more shocking than me being a woman. But none the less he called me. Now if anyone has a problem with that take it to the Lord in prayer and ask him to walk all us in His Perfect Truth.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2003, 04:32:46 PM »

Women can preach anyplace they, like except in a chruch gathering, were men gather for worship service.

I will quote the scripture that commands women to remain silent.

As some have not read it.....

Here it is again;

1 Cor 14
33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
34  Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
35  And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

And if any woman consider herself a prophet or spiritual in some way or other, then they might recognize, that what the Apostle goes on to say, is true;

37  If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Of course if a woman, doesn't consider herself to be spiritual or a prophet, they will simply ignore the commandment, and do what they want, instead of what the Lord wants.

Which will prove they are neither.

Of course commandments are for Gods children and NOT to those who are in bondaghe to sin according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Paul further writes;

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
(1 Tim 2:12)

This includes her husband.

How much clearer, can the Word of God make this.

Now, if God speaks to you outside the scirptures, thats wonderfull, but you better make sure it is God speaking to you and not Satan, if it is God, then it will align with His commandments, and not denie it.

Clearly, if any woman preaches to men, God has not spoken to Her, It simply is a lie.

That makes her a false prophet....

Blessings,

Petro

bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2003, 01:10:50 AM »

Qualifications for Church Leaders can be found in (Titus1:6-9)
The phrase, "the husband of one wife" would eliminate a woman from being a Preacher.
 I do believe that women do have an important role in the Church. They do serve in many functions that we're all aware of.  Smiley  I'm also aware of the fact that some Churches see it differently.

God bless,
bluelake
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2003, 02:36:40 AM »

The phrase, "the husband of one wife" would eliminate a woman from being a Preacher.
It would also disqualify St Paul.   Roll Eyes

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2003, 10:20:10 PM »

It would also disqualify St Paul.   Roll Eyes

Wrong..

Paul was chosen by Jesus, and called to be an Apostle, not an Elder or a Bishop.  (Rom 1:1, 1 Cor 1:1)

Remember, he wrote, the letter to Titus...

Petro

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2003, 12:53:59 AM »

Not to be dogmatic here, but...

Suzie, you state you have done an in depth Bible study concerning the right of women to preach.  Please share with us your scriptural support for this position.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2003, 02:45:13 AM »

You have to be careful she gets all sorts of things confused.  First she'll tell you that Phoebe was an apostle, and then she'll mention a woman from the OT who was a judge.  She has no ground to stand on and refuses to listen to scripture when it is quite clear.

She like many women of the day have fallen for the feminist garbage that being a mother or "home maker" is a useless job for women without ambition.  It's a sad state and our country falls more and more every generation as there now seems to be two "men" in the house and since the mid 60's rebelion is the status quo.  I'm sure most people know how God feels about rebelion.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2003, 04:25:24 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Saved_4ever,

Welcome back Brother! We missed you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2003, 05:05:01 AM »

You have to be careful she gets all sorts of things confused.  First she'll tell you that Phoebe was an apostle, and then she'll mention a woman from the OT who was a judge.  She has no ground to stand on and refuses to listen to scripture when it is quite clear.

She like many women of the day have fallen for the feminist garbage that being a mother or "home maker" is a useless job for women without ambition.  It's a sad state and our country falls more and more every generation as there now seems to be two "men" in the house and since the mid 60's rebelion is the status quo.  I'm sure most people know how God feels about rebelion.

Right On!!!

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2003, 05:43:30 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Saved_4ever,

Welcome back Brother! We missed you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks, though I am trying to stay in the bible study really.  I don't remember when I left but it seems sort of sad I still see some of the same topics still in the forefront from when I left.   Sad

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the