Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:34:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Woman Preachers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Woman Preachers  (Read 9412 times)
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2003, 01:50:13 AM »

Ebia,are you sure enough of your opinions to attack the opinions of others? I haven't heard one intelligent discernment from you on this forum.
Translation, "I haven't ever heard you agree with me".

You seem to see everything as a debate. You say you are a Christian but your lack of understanding of the bible betrays that statement.
Translation, "I haven't ever heard you agree with me".

Discernment comes from the Holy Spirit. Since you have so much trouble discerning what God means, I doubt very much that you have the Holy Spirit inside you.
Translation, "I haven't ever heard you agree with me, therefore you are ungodly because God agrees with me".

I have yet to see you agree with ANYTHING in the bible.  Maybe you should take some time to read it.  Come back when you're ready.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2003, 02:29:52 AM »

I'm going to say something here that I may regret.  But I do believe that attacking Ebia isn't the right course of action folks.  I agree that Ebia lacks often in her understanding of scripture...but in truth, are we any better?  I've seen a great deal of pride in Heidi and a lack of discernment there as well.  I've seen young faith in Jason that has certain lackings at times as well.  I've even seen it in those older believers.  I have witnessed immense lacking on my own part, and have been knocked down a spiritual notch or two for that matter!  But edifying the brother or sister in Christ isn't accomplished by proving our point, or even by cramming Christ's down someone's throat.  Heidi has discernment on many areas, and God is bringing her into greater understanding of Who He is.  Jason has a very mature discernment in many areas as well, and an even admirable desire to grow even further.  Remember that Paul admonishes us to "speak the truth in love."  

I disagree with Ebia on roughly 90% of what she posts!  Yet she has seen that many of us here prioritize sins.  God isn't a respecter of persons.  She has recognized this to her benefit.  Ebia's biggest difficulty right now (and I feel I can freely state this knowing she'll read it because I say so without malice) is with the authority and sufficiency of God's word.  But will insulting her bring her to the position that many of us hold?  Will she want to hold a position that we so pridefully thrust at her whether it is right or wrong?

"Speak the truth in love."  Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2003, 03:00:59 AM »

I have yet to see you agree with ANYTHING in the bible.  

Then you haven't been paying attention.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2003, 04:11:10 AM »

I've seen young faith in Jason that has certain lackings at times as well.

In what way(s)?

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2003, 04:30:11 AM »

In what way(s)?

Namely very general ways.  Primarily basic understandings of salvific grace, or revelation.  These are by no means faulty, rather, they are all steps that each of us go through to the same conclusions.  These conclusions are Spirit taught via the very word we come to those basic understandings by.  If you are interested, I'd be happy to share some of them with you in an email format.  In case this may seem to be secretive, I do not mean for it to be.  I just know that if some of the readers of these posts are still drinking the "milk" of the word, then the "meat" might make them choke.  I don't want to cause someone to stumble over a matter of faith they are not yet ready to grow in.  Make sense?  If this is something that interests you, just let me know!  Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2003, 06:14:10 PM »

I Corinthians 12:34 states
"Let your women keep silence in the churches for it is not permitted for them to speak, but they are commanded to be under obedience as the law states"

I don't see a problem with that.  It is a most debatable issue, but I believe it is nice to hear a man who is dedicated to God's Service speak.
And, it is also nice to see the ladies tend to the supper for the men.  Hey!  They can talk as much as they want then!!

Love...Tamara.

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2003, 09:37:44 PM »

I Corinthians 12:34 states
"Let your women keep silence in the churches for it is not permitted for them to speak, but they are commanded to be under obedience as the law states"

I don't see a problem with that.  It is a most debatable issue, but I believe it is nice to hear a man who is dedicated to God's Service speak.
And, it is also nice to see the ladies tend to the supper for the men.  Hey!  They can talk as much as they want then!!

Love...Tamara.

AMEN!

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2003, 10:33:35 PM »

Geeeh...I am wondering if suzie, isn't ebias mother.

Petro

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2003, 03:39:07 AM »

Geeeh...I am wondering if suzie, isn't ebias mother.

Petro

hehehehe, I doubt it suzie seems to be a little more agreeable with the bible than ebia.  THere isn't much in it she doesn't find to be a fairy tale.

It never ceases to amaze me how people don't have a hard time believing Jesus was resurrected from the dead, yet the earth in 6 days is just impossible.  Science has proved other wise.  I dare say science will show you that a man can't have Scotty beam him up either but they belive that.   Roll Eyes  Oh poor wretched man.   Undecided

Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2003, 03:52:24 PM »

I think by now you have noticed that every Christian in this forum disagrees with 90% of what you say.  In fact, ebia, you yourself said that non-Christians agree with you.  Surely you're not taking the stance that everybody is wrong but you.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2003, 06:09:18 PM »

I think by now you have noticed that every Christian in this forum disagrees with 90% of what you say.  In fact, ebia, you yourself said that non-Christians agree with you.  Surely you're not taking the stance that everybody is wrong but you.
This forum is not representative of Christianity.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2003, 06:33:47 PM »

Ebia,

I would be the first to admit my frequent failures in Christian love. I think that most Christians would have to admit the same and say they are asking God for forgiveness and guidance in seeking HIS WILL in our daily lives.

You claim to be a Christian, but you appear to stand in opposition to just about all teaching from HIS HOLY WORD. Are you representative of Christianity?

In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2003, 08:42:32 PM »

Ebia

this forum IS representative of Christianity today. ;)You wont find any one perfect here.  It is so representative i some times feel like i am a kid setting in one of Dads churches.. . .  small church small town basicly two familys in town ( everyone else was an outsider) and the families fought ... hehe it shouldn't be  funny  but good grief it was... Christians are just people hopefully we grow to maturity some where along HIS path. Just like kids in a family we are not the same, each one grows and develops differently. Some of us will choke on milk for ever, we will stay as babes. Most of us stay in our brat teen years way to long, you know the age when we KNOW we know more than anyone else  Tongue I have been blessed to know a few who gained a wonderfull maturity beautiful wisdom and a Christ like Spirit.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2003, 10:54:04 PM »

You claim to be a Christian, but you appear to stand in opposition to just about all teaching from HIS HOLY WORD.
I may sometimes stand in opposition to your interpretation of it.

Are you representative of Christianity?
I don't see how one person can be representative of the diverstity of opinion within the Christian world.

This board, however, is skewed so heavily to conservative evangelicals that it in no way represents the broader Christian picture.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2003, 06:57:44 AM »

This board, however, is skewed so heavily to conservative evangelicals that it in no way represents the broader Christian picture.

Ebia,

That term may mean different things to different people, but maybe that's a compliment. If it's the opposite of liberal, anything goes, do your own thing, and if it feels good do it, THANKS! If it is on the other end of the scale from ice cold Christian, that just might be most of us.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2003, 08:26:18 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the