Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:41:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  pray for my daughter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: pray for my daughter  (Read 5971 times)
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 12:52:10 PM »

Hi Maria,

My daughter, Meagan was breathing kinda weird ALLOT! So I wasn't satisfied with the dr's ...."this is normal" - so they had me double up on the inhaler and it seems like ever since then she has been great! We have had crazy winds this passed week - so I have been worried something would happen - but by God's grace she made it through ok. I am still praying that she will grow out of this altogether - and to "Musicmedics", is Zyrtec an inhaler? I will as my docter.
Maria, how is everything with your husband?
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »

Hey folks,

Here I am again asking for prayer for my daughter. She has pneumonia and isn't eating, she was just in the hospital for respitory distress in October. Please pray for her that she is set free from asthma.

Thanks,
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 08:59:06 PM »

Hey folks,

Here I am again asking for prayer for my daughter. She has pneumonia and isn't eating, she was just in the hospital for respitory distress in October. Please pray for her that she is set free from asthma.

Thanks,
danielleenbody, you know I will pray for your daughter, and yes I am praying.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 08:54:22 AM »

Maria, how is everything with your husband?

Danielle sorry I'm so late replying to your post, God is so GOOD. My husband got a job just one month after the lay offs, and Praise God, he is even making more money.

I was praying for the rest of his friends that were working with him at the old job, they got let go the Friday before Christmas, and thank the Lord that through my husband and others that also were hired where my husband now works they too started working immediately after the holidays.

Danielle I've heard of Zytec, it's an over the counter remedy for colds and flu, but I don't know if it works for asthma. I was once on Pulmicort, but because I take so many other prescription medications, I couldn't stay on it because it contains cortisone. So far only duo-neb in conjunction with the Singulair has worked for me, I've developed asthma when I was in my 30's I am in my late 50's now and many doctors have said that when you get asthma as an adult you will always have it. But I thank God that I still haven't had another attack in a very long long time.

I am still praying for your daughter.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 01:05:32 PM »

Thank you all so much for your prayers - Meagan (my daughter) is getting better, but she is on so many drugs to keep her out of the hospital (Q-var, xeopenex, augmentin, prenezone and singulair) it just doesn't seem right for a 2 year old. She isn't eating and it breaks my heart. I pray to God for healing but I can't help trying to control the situation instead of letting God control it. I think it's the hardest control to give up - even harder than anything else - either that or I have a stubborn heart.
Well Maria, Praise God for you husband - that is awesome. He is good.

Thanks again,
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 10:07:12 AM »

Danielle, as a mom I know exactly how hard it is to let go.
My youngest daughter (now 25) was born with a small hole in her heart and breathing problems, when she was 2 and a half months old she got pneumonia, shortly after that she has to have a cauterization to find out what was wrong with her heart, they found the small hole which eventually closed on it's own and the only effect now is a mild murmur, however during the course of her first year she got pneumonia 6 more times (7 in total by the time she turned 1). They didn't know what was wrong with her they did sweat tests to make sure she didn't have cystic fibrosis, and numerous allergy tests. She was pronounced clinically dead on 3 different occasions, her heart would stop beating and they finally came to the conclusion that she had SIDS, she was put on a heart monitor until she was a year and a half, and just as they were getting ready to take her off it she went into convulsions, that caused her eardrums to rupture, she suffered mild hearing loss in one ear and moderate to mild hearing loss in the other, the convulsions would come and go periodically without warning and without her having a fever. She also developed rashes and other problems that were later proven to be allergies to 7 different antibiotics. I was at the end of my rope and felt so helpless to see my baby weighing 14 pounds at a year and a half. I finally just threw myself at God's mercy and told Him exactly how I felt, and what I wanted Him to do (save my baby).
As soon as I did, my daughter started getting better, as I said she is now 25 and a mom, she is healthy and has even outgrown the asthma that she had as a baby.

Continue to pray for your daughter, let God know how you feel and what you need Him to do for you in her life and in yours. And then rest assured that He hears your prayers and that He is Faithful and Merciful.

I will continue to pray for you and for Meagan, and for the doctors that take care of her that God will give them Divine Wisdom.

God Bless you,
Your sister in Christ,
Maria.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 01:24:47 PM »

Thank you so much Maria. Sheesh...Have you been through the ringer or what? You definitely have wisdom in the situation. Meagan is getting better but she is not eating, she is normally chubby and now her ribs and hipbones are poking out - but I am trying my hardest to leave it up to God. It just stinks when they are so little and helpless.

Thanks again so much.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 08:42:31 AM »

Danielle, children have a way of bouncing back and better than ever it's us moms that have a hard time recovering, maybe a good idea is to let Meagan choose what she might want to eat. And offer her a few snacks during the day.

When I had my grandchildren here for 3 weeks during the holidays, I would make them 'special breakfast'(so they thought). I would scramble 3 eggs and just give each of them very small portions, slice a couple of bananas, and place them on the side, make a  small amount of home made diced potatoes, and add a few grapes to their bananas, to my daughter's surprise they ate all of it, because it wasn't a whole lot even though it seemed like a lot, and it looked very appetizing to them, it was a change from the oatmeal, or the dry cereal. Sometimes kids are funny about eating because even if they never say so they just get tired of the same foods, just like grown ups do. I'm sure you may have already tried a dozen different ways to try to get Meagan to eat but maybe little thing like letting her choose, if she's old enough maybe she can (think) she is helping you, by handing you the foods, or maybe you can sit her up on a counter that is not close to the stove and let her watch you fix the dinner or lunch.

Half of a peanut butter an jelly sandwich, some sliced apples, or applesauce, and maybe a special little treat like a couple of vanilla wafers or an oreo or even a couple of hershey's kisses, little thigs like that make kids feel so special, and the small amount slowly increases their appetite, and they look forward to mealtime. Just a few ideas, things I tried with my 6 kids and 14 grandkids.  Grin Grin

When my son was 3 and a half years old and my daughter Gina was 1 he weighed one pound less than she did, I was so concerned that I took them to the doctor. Gina was 22 pounds, my son was 21 pounds, well the doctor told me that my son's weight was perfect and that my daughter was overweight.  Shocked Shocked Shocked. I didn't know how to make an 1 year old go on a diet. And I was so worried because my son never wanted to eat. Finally my mom told me how to make his plate look more appetizing and she also told me to just let him eat what he wanted and not make a big deal about it if he didn't eat, he would eat when he got hungry. I knew she should know after all I have 1 sister and 5 brothers so my mom was an expert.  Grin

danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 04:06:53 PM »

Well my little peanut is finally better and out-eating me...It's like as soon as you give it up to God - He takes care of everything. Thank you all for the prayers and words of wisdom.

Danielle
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 10:03:27 AM »

Amen, it's good to hear that Meagan is feeling better and eating now.
I will be away for a few days while I recuperate from minor surgery I had done on my toe, it seems I got a nail fungus and it infected my entire toe, the infection spread and my foot was turning purple, I am now on antibiotics, and pain killers. The dr did not prescribe an antifungal for me to take orally because I have a whole slew of other health issues that I am challenged with and because he did not want aanything to mess with my liver or with the coumadin I take. Instead he prescribed ann anti-fugal medication that I have to apply to my nail bed every day for the next year. Sheesh!!

I am hoping to be able to be back in a few days as soon as some of the pain subsides and as soon as I can stop taking pain-killers, they are messing with my head and make the walls jump out at me and the floors go up and down. I've ended up on my back side a few times already so I will be back soon.

danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 05:07:49 PM »

I just had strabismus surgery - (eye muscle surgery) due to double vision. Is this a crazy health year or what. Well, I hope all is well with your toe, Maria - sounds uncomfortable.

God Bless.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 05:35:13 AM »

Hello everyone, I'm back for a little while  Undecided. I might need surgery on another matter, I will find out on Feb 19.

Danielle I know what you mean about the double vision, I have been wearing an eye patch for the last few days because of double vision. Mine is due to MG, they can't operate, I do have prisims in my eye glasses, but they are tri-focals and it's hard to see through them when you have to be laying down.  Grin So I just put on my patch and an another pair of glasses that are not trifocals (I have 4 pairs of glasses for different things  Grin )

My toe is getting better.

But tell me how is Meagan? Is she eating more? is she getting better from the asthma?

Tammy1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 12:30:22 AM »

Danielle,
            faith is very hard to have, but it's all you have to cling onto. God is with you and your daughter wether you feel Him or not. Pray for healing, God is so much bigger than any doctor could ever be. Your stronger than you think. Also don't beat yourself up wondering if your being pruned or not, if you'll pay attention close God will show you how He could use your daughter being sick. Remember there's a purpose in everything we go threw. I would love for you to read my story, you can either email me at faithimage@hotmail.com or myspace.com/faithimage
God Bless you and your daughter
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »

Hi Tammy,

All I have to say is WOW!!! I read your testimony on Myspace. I love to hear miracles like that. It is so weird because I have never heard of a Copper deficiancy before and that is the second time I have heard of that this week. God is s good and amazing. I will pray for you, Tammy. It seems like Christians go through trial so much more because God uses that time to get close to us. Don't you notice when things are going great - we aren't as close to God as when things kind of stink. I know when I am going through hard times during prayer and listening to Christian music and just lose it and start crying.

God Bless Tammy!!
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 10:37:20 AM »

Guess what everyone, when the enemy doesn't mess with us that's when we have to worry. As long as we are living a Godly life satan will throw all kinds of things at us just like he did with Job.

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

WBN

Learn hence, 1.  That the afflictions which the people of God meet with, are trials of all their graces, but especially of their faith.  This is a radical grace: we live by faith, we work by love: now of graces, satan has a particular spite against the Christian's faith, and God has a particular care for the preservation and perfection of it, Knowing the trial of your faith worketh patience; that is, it administers matter and occasion for patience, and, by the blessing of God upon it, it produces and increases patience; often trial puts us upon frequent exercises, and the frequent exercise of grace strengthens the habits of grace: Consequently the more our trials are, the stronger will our patience be: Knowing that the trial of your faith worketh patience:  it follows, Jas 1:4.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the