Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:58:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  pray for my daughter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: pray for my daughter  (Read 5964 times)
danielleenbody

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2006, 06:45:35 PM »

Hi Folks,

Just need some prayers for my daughter. My 2 year old daughter went into respitory distress for an unknown reason last week. My husband and I don't smoke and she isn't around any crazy fumes.....My daughter and I were in the hospital for 6 days and I have taken her to 3 doctors and they "think" it's asthma. I am treating her for asthma but she is still breathing weird. Sometimes, no matter how much faith and trust we have in the Lord - your mind still ponders the worst - so needless to say she has been in bed with us ever since. I know I just have to give God control and quit getting so stressed out - but I keep thinking, what if God wants to prune me by a trial or tribulation. Can all you out there please pray for my faith and trust and my daughter's health restoration?

Thank you kindly
Danielle
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 07:12:40 PM »

Hi Danielle,

Yes I will keep you both in prayer.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 11:24:05 PM »

Hello danielleenbody,

Sister, I will definitely be praying for your family. Do I understand things correctly that you and your daughter have both been ill with like symptoms? I ask you this because it could be allergies or something related to very dangerous mold and fungus problems in many areas that have had a lot of rain or flooding problems.

PLEASE do consider this because mold and fungus problems can be life-threatening. I must add that it can be life-threatening to someone who is completely healthy and not subject to allergies or other respiratory problems. If it is in your home, it MUST be cured or the people have to move. There is a lot of this in the news because of flooding in various parts of the country, but many people and doctors are NOT used to this problem. This is a difficult problem to diagnose unless you find the problem in your home, so please have someone qualified check your home. Some people do die with this problem, so please check this quickly and move if you have to.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 6:10-14 NASB  For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 12:28:39 AM »

Prayers go out for the will of God to be done.  I pray that God's healing hand be upon your family in all ways, for comfort in troubling times, for the daughter who is battling an unknown illness. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 01:13:28 PM »

I apoligize, I re-read my post and it did sound like I said I was ill as well. My daughter has been in bed with us every night (instead of sleeping in her crib) which is proven to be not good - but I can't help but thinking some respitory thing may happen at night. We had mold in our old condo when she was a newborn and it was remidiated and the test was clean - we have moved and done allot of reconstruction which may have irritated the "asthma". We have had allergy tests done and they came out negative. I spoke with the American Lung Association and they pretty much told me that Los Angeles is the worst place for an asthma child too live (comforting). We have cleaned out our air ducts, sanitized our home and purchased an air purifier - she seems and acts great, but the weird breathing bothers me. I (personally) have lived in 2 homes with mold and there is no existing water damage in this home (thought I may get it tested anyway). Does anyone have asthma and know anything else that may irritate it.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 04:32:03 PM »

I hear Montana has clean air Smiley

Just kidding.  I will continue to pray for your family and their health

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 11:58:02 PM »

I will pray for your family and their health.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 11:52:07 AM »

Danielle, I do suffer from asthma, it is controlled though. For me asthma is triggered by stressful situations, hay fever, pollen, dander, and dust. I do take singulair everyday and I also use a nebulizer with a medication called duo-neb in it. it works better than albuterol, because it contains 2 medications. The asthma has been controlled for 2 years now. I only had one asthma attack in the last 2 years. Some children outgrow asthma, but first make sure that it is asthma and not bronchitis or something else.

I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 02:17:46 PM »

Yeah, that's the frustrating part, Is this asthma?Huh She has seen about 5 dr.s and they all kinda say asthma and she is being treated as if she has asthma. She is on singulair and an inhaler (Q-var) daily and Xeopenex and Pulmacort only when needed.
She breathes weird sometimes (a thick heaving sigh, but not a wheez) though and other asthmatics don't seem to know what I'm talking about, that's what makes me question the disease. Her chest x-rays are clear. Any other asthmatics out there have weird breathing outside of shortness of breath or an asthma attack? Plus I watched the show "House" last night and I am thinking...wow there are so many other diseases out there...what if she is being mis diagnosed? It's hard to not go crazy on this one. I need to trust in the Lord!
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 02:16:47 AM »

Danielle, I think I know exactly what you mean about the 'almost very hard to catch breath'breathing, I get that too from time to time, but only when I am very stressed out or when I have tried to do more than I should. I try to take walks around the neighborhood to improve my heart rate and my circulation, that gets my heart pumping and sometimes it causes me to lose my breath like that, there is one other reason I get that though, and that is because the muscles in my diaphragm are not as strong as they ought to be yet. I have been challenged and my muscles have weakened due to MG, but I am gaining more and more strength with medications and with therapy.

I will continue to pray for your daughter. Remember God is our Father, He hears our prayers.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 02:37:23 PM »

Hi airIam2worship,
I will pray for you and your health as well. Sometimes I feel so dumb complaining or stressing on certain things. I just spoke with a woman today who's daughter suffered from secondary MS and is allergic to the drugs to help it. I feel like I could cry any minute right now listening to others when I try and get advice. I am very blessed to have a loving family and a home. No one said life was easy. Thank you so much for your help and advice.

God Bless,
Danielle
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 08:30:33 AM »

Sister Danielle, I am just getting back from a long absence here at the forum, some of it due to health issues but most of it due to financial reasons. The company my husband worked for is going bankrupt and on November 1st over 50 people were laid off, my husband was among them.
Praise God. We serve a merciful, loving, faithful God, Who promised He would never leave us or forsake us.

He is our High Priest, our Intercessor, He know our needs because He carried each and every single disease that is or has ever been known to mankind and He nailed them on the cross. He intercedes to the Father when we pray He is our Advocate, He pleads in our behalf, He stands in the gap for us He prays for us. SO I asked myself "What can go wrong that my God cannot fix?" NOTHING!!!

Danielle, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with asking Brothers and Sisters to pray for us when we have a need of any kind, Jesus prays and intercedes for us and we are to do the things that He does.

God wants us to stand in the gap and pray for one another and to build a wall (hedge) around those we pray for, and to stand in the break (gap), before Me (pray, lift them up in prayer before the Lord.

So Sister I will always stand in the gap for you and your daughter as long as you need me to it is not just an obligation, but it is a privilege. Do not feel bad and do not hesitate to ask for prayer whenever you need prayer.

Eze 22:30 And I sought for a man among them who should wall up a wall for the land, and stand in the break before me, that I should not destroy it. But I did not find one.

I love this song: I don't know how to post the midi on the forum but here are the words, you might be familiar with it.   Cheesy

When You Pray
Words and music by Audrey Mieir

At the close of the day, when you kneel to pray,
            Will you remember me?
            I need help every day, this is why I pray,
            Will you remember me?

Refrain
                  When you pray, will you pray for me,
                  For I need His love and His care.
                  When you pray, will you pray for me,
                  Will you whisper my name in your prayer?

At the close of the day, when I kneel to pray,
            I will remember you.
            You need help every day, this is why I pray,
            And I will remember you.

Refrain
                  When I pray, I will pray for you,
                  For you need His love and His care.
                  When I pray, I will pray for you,
                  I will whisper your name in my prayer.

Thank you for your prayers. I really needed them

Love in Christ,
Maria

danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 05:29:05 PM »

Ok now I am crying.

You are a true prayer warrior airIam. I will pray for you and your husband and your financial situation. I will pray that you are financially blessed. Thank you so much for uplifting words!!

God Bless! Grin
MusicMedic5150

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 09:20:27 PM »

Danielle I will pray for your daughter. Have they tried to give her an allergy medication to prevent the asthma attacks? My son had/has the same problems your describing to a tee. We put him on Zyrtec and within 2-3 months he was better. Im not saying Zyrtec will work for your daughter but they can put her on an allergy medication of some sorts.  Check with your doctor and ask him/her about it..  Your family is in my thoughts!!!!

God is greater than any problem I have!!
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 07:31:58 AM »

Danielle, how is your daughter doing? I am still praying for her and for you and your family.

Love in Christ,
Maria.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the