Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:11:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Internet Explorer 7
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet Explorer 7  (Read 8540 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2006, 09:31:44 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I'm just wondering if anyone is using or trying Internet Explorer 7. If so, how do you like it, and are you having any problems?

I've been using Firefox for some time now and have gotten used to all kinds of extra features that even the new Internet Explorer doesn't offer. Windows Update is now pushing Internet Explorer as a critical update. One of my big concerns is that I would no longer be able to use Firefox, and the system might be held hostage by Microsoft again.   Cheesy

I wouldn't mind trying Internet Explorer 7 if I knew that I could also use Firefox or whatever else I choose to use. So, it would really be nice to hear from someone who is using Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox on the same machine.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 1:10-13 NASB  He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 05:21:30 AM »

I have IE 7 on both of my Brand New Computers! I don't use it though as much as I use Mozilla FireFox!!  Cheesy

David_james
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 02:02:12 PM »

Internet Explorer 7 rocks
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 02:44:09 AM »

Internet Explorer 7 rocks

Hello Brother David,

I'm curious if you have ever tried Firefox and what you really like about Internet Explorer 7. I just got through installing Internet Explorer 7, but I've been using Firefox for a long time. I haven't really given Internet Explorer a good try yet, mainly because a lot of the things I really like won't work with it.

I probably played with Internet Explorer about 2 hours. I think it is much better and faster than Internet Explorer 6, but I'm not sure how it would compare to Firefox 2.0. I did find it interesting that Microsoft has many pages of add-ons for Internet Explorer 7, and some of the add-ons might do some of the things I really like on Firefox. I don't know yet.

In short, I will give it a good try and see if there are add-ons available to do everything I have gotten used to with Firefox. I would also be interested to know if Microsoft plans to keep improving and upgrading Internet Explorer 7, instead of letting it sit for many years like they did Internet Explorer 6. We'll see.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 55:10-11 NASB  "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 04:36:15 AM »

i have Internet Explorer 7 but i still use Firefox its much better laid out and easier to use

A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor
David_james
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 07:41:03 AM »

I tried firefox once but didn't like it
With ie 7 one of the other sites I go on doesn't freeze anymore.
I also like the tab option
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 10:59:47 AM »

I tried firefox once but didn't like it
With ie 7 one of the other sites I go on doesn't freeze anymore.
I also like the tab option
What?! I use IE and it always freeze and keep killing my computer!
Try oprea or maxthon, it you don't like firefox.
Note-Tab option is a idea from oprea.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 11:03:03 AM by Pizza_Al » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 05:30:41 PM »

I did look through the add-ons made for Internet Explorer 7. I didn't find many of the things that I really like in the free extensions for Firefox. What I did find that I was interested in, it was pretty expensive. So I will stick with Firefox and all of the FREE stuff that goes with it.

I wrote a little review of one Firefox extension that I really like and enjoy - ScrapBook. I use it for all kinds of things, including Bible studies. It's just a great way to collect bits and pieces of things you want and store them in folders for later use. There are several more Firefox extensions that I like pretty well, but I wouldn't want to give up ScrapBook. I use that every day, and it's great.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Peter 3:9 NASB  The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 09:16:09 PM »

Internet Explorer 7 whats that??  I use only Mozilla Firefox. Internet Explorer, is garbage, least to me.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 10:33:28 PM »

Grin

Brother, that's a really sharp graphic. I tried Internet Explorer 7 for a few hours on two different days, and I can't get it to work today. So, I hope that I haven't messed up my way of getting Windows Updates. I'm thinking that Bill Gates might not appreciate me using Firefox.

Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 08:11:57 AM »

Blackeyedpeas, I like Scrapbook you just recommecd. At first I thought is samething as Bookmark, but I can add note, change icon, and OFFLINE site! Whoa, this is really useful. Now I can collect note easly!

To DreamWeaver
Where do you find that wallpaper? I remember, I saw somewhere before.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 09:56:43 AM »

Hello Pizza_Al,

I'm glad that you like it. I use it for all kinds of things and have folders set up by subject for the things that I use the most. It saves tons of time.

It will even do a single word search in everything you have. If you do this very often, you'll want to give the "index for full word search" command every now and then. It's really like updating an index for a database, and it makes it very quick to find anything.

I have a ton of Bible studies in mine and things that I want to use or study later. Let's say I was studying Psalms and wanted to see what I have on David. I would do a search on David and ScrapBook would bring up everything I have in just a couple of seconds. You could use it for just about anything - birthdays, anniversaries, family information, etc.

It's really quick and easy to use, and I use it every day. I've never seen anything else like it, so the programmer really came up with a good idea.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 54:13 NASB  "All your sons will be taught of the LORD; And the well-being of your sons will be great.

Rev. Belch

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 07:38:53 PM »

I tried that IE 7 and didn't like it at all. I like IE 6 better. I was able to go under add and remove programs unistall it and had IE 6 back. I had one small glitch I kept getting some strange prp ups that said some about my geek and that it was unable to redirect it was a whole bunch of computer gobblety gook that I couldn't understand it popped up non stop and was annoying. I solved the problem by going under system restore and going back to the day before I had installed the yucky IE 7 and restored all of my files and the wierd pop ups was gone. I hope that I never have to see IE 7 again.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 07:51:17 PM »

Hello Rev.Belch,

I eventually had all kinds of problems that finally resulted in the system crashing badly. Some would say that it was probably me, but I didn't have all of those problems until I installed IE7 and tried to uninstall it. It did involve a lot of work, and I'm glad that I had a good and fairly recent "system restore". I still see several things that happen with Windows Update that didn't happen before.

I will go very slow with things like this in the future and read all kinds of reviews first. If someone has to be the pioneer and experience all of the problems, it won't be me.   Cheesy

I look back and wonder why I even tried it. I'm very happy with Firefox, and it has everything that I want or need, really much more than IE7.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 1:20-22 NASB  For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us. Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

jessebassett

Merry Christmas from Robyn and Jesse!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 10:05:37 PM »

I use Opera. I don't know what IE is. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the