Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:20:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Internet Explorer 7
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet Explorer 7  (Read 8541 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 10:45:53 PM »

Hello Jesse,

I never tried Opera. If my memory serves me correctly, one either has to buy Opera or put up with advertising. I didn't have any money to spend and didn't want to put up with advertising, so I used the Internet Explorer variants that were free before the free Firefox days. The two IE variants I used the most were Avant and Slim Browser. Both were better than IE in my opinion, but they used IE as a base program.

Maybe Firefox came out before I found out about it, but I've been using it for a long time. Firefox now has well over 2,000 free add-ons that can be used, and I really think that Firefox offers more speed and user choices than anything else right now. It's rated number one from many well-known reviewers, and they are continually improving it, so I think it has a very bright future.

john909

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 11:09:47 PM »

I use Opera as well. It's almost the perfect piece of software. I started using Opera in 2000 and have loved it every since. There are still some sites that Opera falls aprt with, but it's the site's coding, not Opera, since Opera is the only browser out there that conforms specifically to the W3C standards for WWW and TCP/IP protocols.

I also used Firefox since it was Phoenix, but this year quit using it since it's become fairly bloated and flaky.

Others seem to be having problems with IE7, but. praise God, I have been error free with it using XP Home, XP Firewall, Live Care, and a Linksys Router. I really like it --  alot. I'm using Opera now, but for banking, etc, most sites will still reject Opera.

Opera is now free and still has that beautifully small footprint at under 6 MB installed. There honestly isn't a better browser out there.
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 05:20:59 AM »

Bro Tom. I have IE7 installed but you know me. I'm still a firefox freak  Grin

IE7 is a big improvement on IE6 as far as security is concerned, but its the same old story. If you do not have it figured correctly, you may well find the same problems of browser hijacking, spyware etc etc.

Opera is also a good browser and i think the days of having to pay for the browser or having the free version but having ads at the top of the browser, are over. My Opera browser certainly doesn't have the ads anymore and i haven't paid a penny for it.

I did notice someone mentioned the Maxathon browser. If you use that, please be careful. I think i'm right in saying that its a shell of IE and comes with the same vulnerabilities.
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 07:31:48 AM »

I use Opera. I don't know what IE is. Smiley
LOL!!!! That is good one. Wait...is that true?

Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 08:03:57 AM »

I have IE 7, Firefox 2.0.0.2, and Opera on my computer and all run well. I usually use Firefox.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 11:09:29 PM »

I am trying Opera to see what it's like. I must say that I've used Firefox for a long time without any problems at all, and I really like many of the small and free extras that can be added to it. I'm using Firefox right now, and most of it appears to be working again. I might even have a working spell checker now. Everything was wrong because Firefox couldn't find the dictionary it uses. It's just one small problem like this after another.

I did say one small problem after another, but I've had days of one crash after another and times that the computer wouldn't even boot. I'm certainly not any computer genius, but I am fairly computer literate. I've had really ENOUGH of all this fun with computer problems. There are alternatives to Windows, and I will try one if the computer problems keep going.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the