Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:21:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A word of advice to everyone.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A word of advice to everyone.  (Read 4325 times)
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2003, 07:20:48 AM »

Your children are a product of YOU!

Now if only more people would think about that, I do believe parenting would change as a whole for most people.  It seems to me the popular thought is the parents are blameless nowadays.   Roll Eyes

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 08:03:24 AM »

I agree..

"God gave us these little ones for just a short time,he said there your blessing,but remember there mine.A child is more precious than silver or gold."

Just a few snipets from the song by Betty Jean Robinson,Babies dont keep..

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 08:14:17 AM »

Now if only more people would think about that, I do believe parenting would change as a whole for most people.  It seems to me the popular thought is the parents are blameless nowadays.   Roll Eyes

Wrong

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 08:53:41 AM »

wrong?Huh?thats all you have to say?no reason?

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 09:22:05 AM »

Actually, I think most people blame their parents for everything today. We of course are all accountable for our motives and actions as parents. And our children are also accountable for their motives and actions. Our behavior will definitely affect our children but our children are in God's hands.

I used to blame my parents too but now I see that all of us are born with a lack of feeling unconditionally loved. i have known children from wonderful parents whom they blame for their lack of feeling unconditionally loved. No person can give anyone else the unconditional love that we're all seeking. That can only com from God.  
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 10:10:41 AM »

to guide our children into a close, loving, and personal relationship with the Lord ASAP. Until then, we must represent God to them because that is how we are viewed.

Personally, I ain't up to the task so I must rely on the Lord as well. Thank God for grace.

But you know, God has never had a human child who did not cause problems.
aw
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 10:17:09 AM »

to guide our children into a close, loving, and personal relationship with the Lord ASAP. Until then, we must represent God to them because that is how we are viewed.

Personally, I ain't up to the task so I must rely on the Lord as well. Thank God for grace.

But you know, God has never had a human child who did not cause problems.
aw

Jesus

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 10:17:26 AM »

What do you think is wrong?

Wrong

Brother Love Smiley

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 10:39:05 AM »

Actually, I think most people blame their parents for everything today. We of course are all accountable for our motives and actions as parents. And our children are also accountable for their motives and actions. Our behavior will definitely affect our children but our children are in God's hands.

I used to blame my parents too but now I see that all of us are born with a lack of feeling unconditionally loved. i have known children from wonderful parents whom they blame for their lack of feeling unconditionally loved. No person can give anyone else the unconditional love that we're all seeking. That can only com from God.  

Everyone blames their parents but the parents currently don't think that their children act the way they do because of them.

If you raise your children in the admonition of the LORD they will keep those ways.  If you teach your children to hate then they hate.  If you teach them how to be disrespectful they will be disrespectful.  This is what I mean by "your children are a product of you."

God seems to think we are responsible for our children especially the father.

Eph 6:4  And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Psa 127:3  Lo, children [are] an heritage of the LORD: [and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward.
Psa 127:4  As arrows [are] in the hand of a mighty man; so [are] children of the youth.
Psa 127:5  Happy [is] the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
Pro 17:6  Children's children [are] the crown of old men; and the glory of children [are] their fathers.
Pro 20:7  The just [man] walketh in his integrity: his children [are] blessed after him.

I can't find the rest right now so it'll have to wait.

Reba
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2003, 10:38:34 AM »

one child is  in the drug world

one child is a christian

i love both of them, cared for both, prayed for both, etc

If the (normal) parent is to take blame for the child  do you credit the parent for the childs acumplishments.  As humans  there comes a time when we stand  aside from our parents. accepting responsibility for our own sin and thanking GOD for our acumplishments.

grandma  Kiss

Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2003, 05:17:02 PM »

I say it's time to lay the blame right where it belongs:

ON THE KIDS

If the parent does a good job, and the kid still acts up, we can't continually blame the parent.  Now, I agree, most of the time, I blame parents.  The adult (hippie) generation has screwed over my generation and all that are to come.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2003, 11:17:01 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

This has the promise of being a very interesting thread. I think that I see some opinions of several generations. It might be difficult to all get on the same sheet of music. We would need representatives of all critical categories for a really good discussion:

Teenage or young adult single male
Teenage or young adult single female

A dad currently trying to raise kids
A mom currently trying to raise kids

A grandpa watching his kids raise kids
A grandma watching her kids raise kids

I volunteer for the grandpa position if it isn't already filled.   Cheesy

I already know the discussion would become much more complicated if you added a non-Christian to each category. I don't think it would be fair to add a great-grandpa and great-grandma to the mix. They've walked in all of those shoes and feel it is time for the young'uns to learn for themselves.   Cheesy

In Christ,
Tom

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 12:51:44 AM »

I fill the Dad raising a child category.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2003, 12:57:55 AM »

I guess I'll take the teenage or young adult single male, and I don't think there and any teenage or young adult single female's, I have drafted sapph to be the second teenage or young adult.  Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2003, 10:48:40 AM »

I guess I'll take the teenage or young adult single male, and I don't think there and any teenage or young adult single female's, I have drafted sapph to be the second teenage or young adult.  Grin

Oklahoma Howdy to Tibby,

There are stereotypes that could be used, but they many times don't work in real life. If you have Christian parents who love you, there have probably been all kinds of rules, some you might understand and some you would disagree with.

The general stereotype would be that you are more intelligent than the older generations and think there are better ways of doing just about everything in the raising of a family.

The general stereotype of your parents might be to accomplish some of all of these:  Learn the things of the Lord and walk in them as an adult, direct and encourage you away from alcohol and drugs, direct and encourage you away from those who will go to prison, and generally keep you alive.  

Generally, the efforts of the parents are not appreciated, misunderstood, and seem to be a burden for the young adult. The parents know this and hope there will be understanding down the road as they get older.

Well, this is a start, maybe too much. I'll tell you what grandpa might think later.   Cheesy

In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the