Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:27:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A word of advice to everyone.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A word of advice to everyone.  (Read 4297 times)
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2003, 11:19:07 AM »

I guess I'll take the teenage or young adult single male, and I don't think there and any teenage or young adult single female's, I have drafted sapph to be the second teenage or young adult.  Grin
I am a teenage single female, so I'll take that role!  Grin

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2003, 05:43:48 PM »

I guess I'll take the teenage or young adult single male, and I don't think there and any teenage or young adult single female's, I have drafted sapph to be the second teenage or young adult.  Grin

Oklahoma Howdy to Willowburch,

Thanks for joining in. Maybe we could first address other opinions about stereotypical thinking, from your perspective instead of mine. As an example, is it true that a dad has rougher rules for a daughter than a son? Does mom do more worrying about the son than dad?

In Christ,
Tom

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2003, 06:27:15 PM »

I didn't even know you where a teenager, let alone a chick! In that  case, I take back what I said about slapping you with a Tuna. It was a minnow. Grin

Well, my thoughts are, I think parents need to beet the living daylights out of there kids when they do things. Not abusive, Never again style beatings, I mean good ol' fashion wood shed beatings! People need to learn the difference between disciplining your child and abusing them! My parents tanned my hide with a PVC pipe! Everyone over the age of 15 has a story about there brutal beatings the got for kicking soccer balls in the house, or calling your little sister a name, or other Dennis the Mince-style things kids do. What I've noticed is kids are getting less and less corporal punishment! All these abuse lawsuits and stuff, some parents are scared. I say, put the fear of God in the little runts! I think everyone’s favorite potty-mouth, Maddox, puts it best:

For ages, people have been getting beaten till they can’t sit down as children, and you know what, it makes them stronger! The kids who didn’t get beat, like royalty for example, where nothing but lazy, inbred, and incompetent! This is one thing everyone, Baptist, Methodism, Catholic, everyone, can agree on. Unless you’re a Kennedy, and your parents can PAY your way out of trouble, beat your kids, they will thank you for it!

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
eyeball

metalic rabid canine

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2003, 07:11:12 PM »

Well, my thoughts are, I think parents need to beet the living daylights out of there kids when they do things. Not abusive, Never again style beatings, I mean good ol' fashion wood shed beatings! People need to learn the difference between disciplining your child and abusing them! My parents tanned my hide with a PVC pipe! Everyone over the age of 15 has a story about there brutal beatings the got for kicking soccer balls in the house, or calling your little sister a name, or other Dennis the Mince-style things kids do. What I've noticed is kids are getting less and less corporal punishment! All these abuse lawsuits and stuff, some parents are scared. I say, put the fear of God in the little runts! I think everyone’s favorite potty-mouth, Maddox, puts it best:

For ages, people have been getting beaten till they can’t sit down as children, and you know what, it makes them stronger! The kids who didn’t get beat, like royalty for example, where nothing but lazy, inbred, and incompetent! This is one thing everyone, Baptist, Methodism, Catholic, everyone, can agree on. Unless you’re a Kennedy, and your parents can PAY your way out of trouble, beat your kids, they will thank you for it!

I vote Tibby for President of the American Taliban! Seriously, what's wrong with you? You'd rather have people starve than not have them witnessed to, and now you want kids beaten? I spanked, I said spanked, not beat, my children until I  realized that if I did the same to an adult neighbor I would be arrested for assault and battery.

I don't know if I can be here often, but put me in the non-christian single parent category.

Eyeball
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 07:18:04 PM by eyeball » Logged
eyeball

metalic rabid canine

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2003, 07:20:16 PM »

Male, non-christian single parent.

Eyeball
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »

The prevailing Godlessness of the world has much to do with the ailments of parents and children today. Parents are not bringing up their children in the Lord and children are not obeying their parents in the Lord. This is true even in so called Christian families.

We should stop insisting and fighting to say verbal prayer in our schools and instead concentrate to say them in our homes with our families and children along with bible study. Then we should practice with our children and all we come in contact with what we preach.

Support your local Christian.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2003, 11:56:08 PM »

I vote Tibby for President of the American Taliban! Seriously, what's wrong with you? You'd rather have people starve than not have them witnessed to, and now you want kids beaten? I spanked, I said spanked, not beat, my children until I  realized that if I did the same to an adult neighbor I would be arrested for assault and battery.

I don't know if I can be here often, but put me in the non-christian single parent category.

Eyeball

Hey, use your EYEBALL and reread my post about Missionary work, and this post above. For the love of Pete man, I didn’t say either of those things, and if you’d read my posts, you’d know that!

First of all, I’m the one who thought that we need to feed them before we witness to them! ME, I was the one who brought it up IN FAVOR of it! Jason was the one who think we need to hand out tracks. I think we could get a lot more accomplished as Christians if we put our resource in with the general Humanitarian workers, to feed and clothes the people. Let the Missionaries come, they are not going to get anything done when people can’t here the word of God over the sound of their bodies cannibalizing themselves!

And as for kids, That post was Simi-humorous. I beleive in spanking, of course. That picture is clearing meant as a joke! I made a CLEAR distension between spanking kids, and abusing them. My exact words:

Not abusive, Never again style beatings, I mean good ol' fashion wood shed beatings! People need to learn the difference between disciplining your child and abusing them!

Come on, bro. What is wrong with YOU!? Beating, spanking, it is all semantics. You got what I was saying. Or, at least you should have... But, as I parent, I can see how you would get caught up in the momment, and misread the post. What kind of parent would you be if you didn't stand up for the kids, right?

eyeball

metalic rabid canine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2003, 12:11:16 AM »

First of all, I’m the one who thought that we need to feed them before we witness to them! ME, I was the one who brought it up IN FAVOR of it! Jason was the one who think we need to hand out tracks. I think we could get a lot more accomplished as Christians if we put our resource in with the general Humanitarian workers, to feed and clothes the people. Let the Missionaries come, they are not going to get anything done when people can’t here the word of God over the sound of their bodies cannibalizing themselves!

Tibby, I am sorry. Please accept my apology. Hey, what makes it even worse is that I actually responded to that post by "Saved 4 Ever", then got the names wrong. That's probably why I did not see your post here as humorous. That, and me being a Dad.
Eyeball

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2003, 12:20:04 AM »

Yeah, it is cool. People keep confusing me for others all the time. I guess the name "tibby" just doesn't sick in peoples head,s and when you see someone else name right next to it... yeah.
Like I said, it was understandable, you being a parent. My humour is hard to grasp at times, and just a little twisted. I keep forgetting people can't hear tone of voice online.  Smiley

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2003, 06:49:12 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Willowburch,

Thanks for joining in. Maybe we could first address other opinions about stereotypical thinking, from your perspective instead of mine. As an example, is it true that a dad has rougher rules for a daughter than a son? Does mom do more worrying about the son than dad?

In Christ,
Tom
In my family, there's just daughters, so I can't say for sure, lol! We have rules in our family, but I don't consider them "rough". I think my parents worry equally about the kids - perhaps in different ways, of course.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2003, 06:50:37 AM »

I didn't even know you where a teenager, let alone a chick! In that  case, I take back what I said about slapping you with a Tuna. It was a minnow. Grin
Hey, I may be blonde, but I'm no chick! (Besides, we had the tuna for lunch. You're too late.)

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2003, 09:45:44 AM »

Hey tibby I don't recall telling anyone that they should hand out tracks to starving people.  I don't know where you got the idea that is witnessing to someone.

Now then, for the unenlightened, I never said I wanted people to starve.  If you are unsaved you understand not at all why I want someone to go to heaven rather than hell.

You can't even begin to argue the fact that not teaching people how to feed themselves and just giving them food is right.  It is cruel and unusual to give starving people food and then leave.  You just create more starving people.

Our missionaries if in a "starving" area give them food AND the gospel.  

I simply gave a "if you had to pick" scenario.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2003, 10:23:47 AM »

Eyeball

Big problem here, your children are not adults nor your neighbors.  You are responsible for your children not your neighbors.

Your children are not your equal's and you are not their friend.  You are their caretakers and responsible to raise them and take care of them.  Part of taking care of your children is disciplining them.

AAAAmember

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2003, 10:25:28 AM »

Heidi -

No person can give anyone else the unconditional love that we're all seeking. That can only com from God.

I entirely disagree (surprised?).  I know that my parents love me unconditionally...that is why I have had success in life thus far.  I may have fought with them bitterly through my mid-teenage years, but my mother and I are finally friends and I realized that if she still truly loved me after the monster I had been at times, then she would love me through anything.  That feeling gives me such comfort - to know that someone will love you regardless of what you do is an amazing comfort.

Also, you are forgetting animals...my horse, Sadie, loves me unconditionally as well.  I used to turn to her all the time, and when I thought no one else cared, she was always there...she gave me great comfort and support in trying times.  Because of this, we developed a deep bond and a strong love - we love each other unconditionally.

So I disagree...unconditional love (the real kind) is possible.

~AAAA
Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2003, 11:07:02 AM »

Also, you are forgetting animals...my horse, Sadie, loves me unconditionally as well.  I used to turn to her all the time, and when I thought no one else cared, she was always there...she gave me great comfort and support in trying times.  Because of this, we developed a deep bond and a strong love - we love each other unconditionally.

~AAAA
Please remember, folks, I'm blonde, and not very intellectual - but I don't know about the animal thing. I like horses, I work with them every day, but horses aren't people; they're pretty smart (smarter'n lots of folks I know, lol) and they can offer consolation to the bitter or grieving soul; but as far as showing unconditional love, the REAL kind, I would have to disagree.

Sadie loves you because you show love to her. I have a feeling you don't mistreat her; she has good food, shelter, and a human "family".

I think unconditional love is best expressed when it spans the gap of abuse, hatred, rebellion, etc. Only then does it become "unconditional" love.

If you love someone because they're good to you, great! That is the proper response - but it doesn't become "unconditional" until you love them when they don't return the affection, even when they go so far as to harm or kill you.

Just my li'l view on things.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the