Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:26:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Thousand years as a day
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thousand years as a day  (Read 3129 times)
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2003, 02:16:01 AM »

"But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." [2 Peter 3.8].

Early in my walk with the Lord, I asked people what this meant, and they said it meant that God sees time differently than we do. Later, it seemed to me that it had to mean more than just that, so I asked God what it meant. Here is what He showed me that it refers to.

The Word tells us that God created for 6 days, and rested on the 7th day. According to scripture, (as I and many see it), Adam and Eve were created about 6000 years ago. The return of Jesus is very near, and He will reign for 1000 years. During which time Satan will be locked up.
So, 6 days, and one day: 6000 years, and 1000 years.
I could expound on this, but would like to see if any others have also had this revealed to them.

Your brother in Christ.  Roy.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 02:37:47 AM »

HHMMM, I will await your explanation of this.  Could be intersting though.  Will will deffinately find a more than a handful of people that will come smack down your thought simply because they can't even see that the LORD is going to have a 1000 year reign on earth.  (hitch and reba for starters)

I think it's beyond clear that such will happen.  Aside from the blantent remark made in Rev, when exactly do people think the meak will inherit the earth.  We certainly know it isn't now.

Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 03:23:31 AM »

There are flaws in the 6,000 year earth theory. There is a very detailed bible study that places the earth at about 13,000 years ago. You can look at it here http://www.familyradio.com/graphical/graphical_frame.html on the left side pick ‘literature’ next when the page opens click ‘The Biblical Calendar’. You’ll find it on the right side.
You are right to notice the connection between 2Peter 3:8 and the amount of time Satan will be locked up. He was locked up now he is loose. I am tired and that takes some energy and time to explain. But I am curious. Where did you ever get the idea that Christ’s return and the 1000 years are connected?

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 03:32:08 AM »

The only thing worth while about family radio is their music.  They have such wretched theology it makes me want to cry.  Telling people it's unbiblical to go to church yet he has all of his programs from churches around the country.

Apparently you subscribe to the false gap theory.  How can you possibly not see that there is a thousand year reign?

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 03:43:23 AM »

L.C.,

I can't get that link to work at the moment.  What evidence is given for this proposal?  Is it gap theory based?  I personally believe in the literal 6 day creation, as the Hebrew grammatical structure makes it certain, if not the general approach to contextual interpretation.  I'm just curious.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 03:46:10 AM »

There are flaws in the 6,000 year earth theory. There is a very detailed bible study that places the earth at about 13,000 years ago. You can look at it here http://www.familyradio.com/graphical/graphical_frame.html on the left side pick ‘literature’ next when the page opens click ‘The Biblical Calendar’. You’ll find it on the right side.
You are right to notice the connection between 2Peter 3:8 and the amount of time Satan will be locked up. He was locked up now he is loose. I am tired and that takes some energy and time to explain. But I am curious. Where did you ever get the idea that Christ’s return and the 1000 years are connected?
[/quote

From the Word of God, of course.
Rev. chapter 20.  
"....and they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years."(verse 4).   "Blessed and holy is he who who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years." (verse 6). But please all, read the whole chapter.

God bless.  Roy.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 04:02:51 AM »

L.C.,

I can't get that link to work at the moment.  What evidence is given for this proposal?  Is it gap theory based?  I personally believe in the literal 6 day creation, as the Hebrew grammatical structure makes it certain, if not the general approach to contextual interpretation.  I'm just curious.

I have heard plenty of Harold Campings trash and he subscribes to a gap theory.  He also tells people (I have heard him myself) tell people it is not scriptural to go to chruch any more because satan is running them.  He is also an amellinialist.  At least the last I heard him and his teaching.

Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 11:32:24 AM »

The only thing worth while about family radio is their music.  They have such wretched theology it makes me want to cry.  Telling people it's unbiblical to go to church yet he has all of his programs from churches around the country.

Apparently you subscribe to the false gap theory.  How can you possibly not see that there is a thousand year reign?
WOW you're not opinionated about them are you? There is nothing about leaving the churches in this study. And it is information YOU can check out. It is not a gap theory.
This is the text based link, perhaps it will work better.
http://www.familyradio.com/original/original.htm
You will find the study 3rd down on the left hand column.
Hear is an excerpt:
The Clue Phrase "Called His Name"
In Genesis 4 and 5, we read of the birth of Enosh to Seth. Why did God use different language to describe this event in Genesis 4 from that in Genesis 5? In Genesis 4:26, "And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos." [Note: All Scripture references are from the King James Bible.] But the Bible says in Genesis 5:6, "And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos." Why did God use the phrase "called his name" in connection with the birth of Enos in Genesis 4 but not in Genesis 5? It is obvious that the phrases "[Seth] begat Enos" or "Methuselah begat Lamech" did not ensure that Enos was the immediate son of Seth or Lamech of Methuselah. Many instances can be found where a father-son relationship appears to be indicated and yet other Scriptural evidence points to a more distant ancestry. Matthew 1:1, where Jesus is referred to as the Son of David, and David, the son of Abraham, is illustrative.
A more careful examination of the Scriptures reveals why the phrase "called his name" which is the Hebrew qara, was used. In every place where this phrase is employed, there can be no doubt of the existing relationship; invariably it is indicative of parent and child. Thus, the Bible says, for example, in Genesis 21:3, "Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sara Bare to him, Isaac." We read in Genesis 25:25, "And they called his name Esau," and Isaiah 7:14, Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." In every instance where this "clue" phrase appears, one can be certain that an immediate son is being described and not a more remote descendant.
I do not agree with all they say but this study and the one on sabbaths are very good.
I haven’t looked at the end of the church age study I first heard about it about a year ago. I had already been out of my church for three years. It wasn’t easy to do. There are wonderful people there and the pastor was a good man. Unfortunately what he preached was becoming more and more evident that it was not the gospel.
I sat and talked with him for a couple hours before I left. I asked questions and showed scripture. He couldn’t support his beliefs with scripture, and he had no reply for for the verses I brought up. His answers were, “I don’t know I’ll have to look in to that. I‘ll get back to you.” I appreciate the fact he was honest. But it has been 4 years and still no answer. I checked out Churches in town that I thought could have the truth, they did not. Predominantly they taught a grace plus works Gospel.
I travel on my job. Churches I had attended in the past had changed their teachings.
I am not sure he is wrong with this teaching. As far as using pastors, this is a new direction for them it doesn’t mean that some pastors can’t give a faithful sermon, you just have to separate the wheat from the chaff. And many of these men were true men of God, who are long since gone. Since I don’t know very much about this teaching I really can’t comment more. Maybe I’ll look in to it more.  
No where in the bible does it say Christ will reign on earth for a thousand years. NO WHERE.
Read a little more carefully.

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 11:53:29 AM »

Can you please explain revelation 20:1-6

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2003, 12:18:27 PM »

The 1000 year reign isn't some lucid dream, nor is creation itself, it took and *will* take 6 days.

No more , no less. 6 days with the Lord, and also sabbath on earth.

Let's just keep these things simple

tnx
« Last Edit: September 16, 2003, 12:19:35 PM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2003, 12:37:42 PM »

Amen, twobombs.  Take the Bible for what it says!

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2003, 01:50:27 PM »

This is going to take more time than I have so I’ll cover only some of this.

Revelation 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

This is a key verse to understanding the 1,000 year question.
Read this carefully, ‘souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus’. These are Christians who have died.
When a Christian dies where do they go?
They go to be with Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

This is before the resurrection, notice they are absent from the body.
So the question is since Christians have been dying for over a thousand years how can that be possible?

2 Peter 3:8  But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The thousand years is not a literal 1,000 years. Like all words in the bible numbers are subject to interpretation. Looking at 2 Peter 3:8 for guidance we could say 2 days is 2,000, 3 is 3,000 in essence 1000 represents the fullness of time. They will be with Christ until He returns.
What does the bible say about His return?

Matthew 24:29  Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Matthew 24:30  And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Why did God put the sun and the moon and the stars in the sky?

Genesis 1:14  And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

He did it to keep track of time. So when they are removed we are in eternity. The unsaved to outer darkness the saved will live in a world lit by the light of God. It will never go out.
Briefly, Jesus said you cannot plunder a rich mans house unless you bind him first. When Jesus went to the cross Satan was bound.
Did you ever think it strange that when Jesus walked the earth only a handful were saved yet after he went to the cross in one sermon thousands were saved.
Again it was not a literal 1,000 year binding. But I believe Satan is loose today. Gods word is now available all over the world. So now Satan can be loosed. We see this in many ways. Churches that give blessings to divorce by marrying divorced people.
Women pastors, Gay bishops, the signs and wonders churches are growing like wildfire, look at Benny Hinn.
In fact the slaying in the spirit fulfills Satan calling down fire from heaven. This is a tribulation like we have never known before.
I have to go to work.  

sunodino

People get ready, there's a train a comin' !

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2003, 03:49:01 PM »

Gen 1:4,5
4  And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5  And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

These were 24 hour days, 12 dark, 12 light.  
Hebrew - 'ereb  - night
Hebrew - boqer - (as the break of day); gen. morning

God was the light until the fourth day.  There was no need to create another light source as God is light.  Then on the fourth day:
Gen 1
15  And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16  And God made two great lights,the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: ; he made the stars also.
17  And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18  And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19  And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.[/size]

So much text that is clearly about the night and day, that drives home the point in this seemingly compressed explanation of creation by Moses, it almost is as if, God knew men would try to deny his miracle of 6 day creation!

I agree, 1000 years a day, a day a 1000 years, 6 day creation 6000 years for man and then the 1000 millenium.  Those that want to believe the Revelation has already past are usually Roman Catholic, that is their teaching.

Sunodino travails...
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2003, 05:21:31 PM »

We definatly cannot deny Revelation. Who would?
And yes earth was created in 6 days.
But the earth according to scripture is 13,000 years old. Where did you ever get the idea it was 6,000?
When was the Flood?
Where does it say Christ will reign on EARTH 1,000 years?

Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2003, 06:30:02 PM »

Where does it say Christ will reign on EARTH 1,000 years?

Already stated.
Read Rev. chapter 20.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the