Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:30:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Thousand years as a day
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thousand years as a day  (Read 3126 times)
sunodino

People get ready, there's a train a comin' !

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2003, 01:36:47 AM »

But the earth according to scripture is 13,000 years old.
What scripture(s)?

Where did you ever get the idea it was 6,000?
1000 yrs a day, a day a 1000 yrs.

When was the Flood?
Year   Year     Age
Born    Died     Died
Adam
1       930          930Seth        130      1042      912Enos        235      1140      905Cainan        325      1235      910Mahalaleel     395      1290      895Jared        460      1422      962Enoch        622      987      365Methuselah     687      1656      969Lamech     874      1651      777Noah        1056      2006      950
NOTE: Methuselah either died in the flood or just before it rained.     Adam lived to see Lamech born.   

NOAH'S AGE when      600   1656 (year)   FLOOD   CAME         
   NOAH'S AGE when      601   1657 (year)   FLOOD   ABATED

If you follow the Bible geneology it gives you the above information: Genesis 5:3-32

I just started from the year 1, as the beginning sequenced up.

Sunodino travails...
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2003, 03:38:04 AM »

Please clarify I see no mention of earth.
Are you suggesting that Christ will be on earth for 1,000 years with the disembodied souls of Christians?

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2003, 04:09:46 AM »

So your contention is in the approximate year 2345 BC we had the flood?
We actually have a very good written historical record that goes back about 5,000 years. The Egyptians were very good record keepers. As were the Chinese and Mayans.

The evidence does not support your theory. And there is nothing except fancy to develop a theory that 1 day equals 1,000 years 6 days of creation thus the earth is 6,000 years old.
I looked in to this about 10 to 15 years ago. So my ability to explain it is a little rusty. At the time I checked the figures and it works. The following web site has controversial information but fortunately this study and the one on the Sabbath stand alone. I don’t agree with everything they say and I rarely listen. But this is the best study on the date of the earth I have ever seen. Check it out for yourself.
One interesting thing, he places the time of Peleg at 3153-2914 B.C.
In the time of Peleg the earth was divided. I believe this is a reference to continental drift. They didn’t drift at the time but they do now. The reason why this becomes interesting is according to the Mayan Calendar this age began at 3114 B.C., that would be during Pelegs reign.
This link should get you there:Biblical Calendar of History
If it doesn’t then click:
 http://www.familyradio.com/graphical/literature/frame/book_case.html
Click ‘literature‘, click ‘Biblical Calendar of History’

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2003, 04:32:04 AM »

Are you suggesting that Christ will be on earth for 1,000 years with the disembodied souls of Christians?
Quote from Left Coast....

"Behold, I tell you a mystery: we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed-in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptable, and we shall be changed. For this corruptable must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortallity." [1 Cor. 15.51-53].  Please read all of 1 Cor. 15.

This is refering to the eternal body we will "put on" when Christ comes to meet us "in the air" as spoken of in 2 Thess. 4.16,17.  We will not be 'disembodied souls', as you put it.
As for Rev. 20.4; "And I saw thrones, and they that sat on them, and judgement was committed to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the Word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years."

As shown in the first scripture I quoted, all those who died in Christ, along with all those who get raptured, get immortal bodies at that time. Then all go with Him into heaven where there is the wedding supper of the Lamb, as seen in Rev. 19.7-9. Then, as seen in Rev. 19.11-21, Jesus comes to earth to defeat the armies of the anti-christ, and cast the anti-christ and the false prophet into the lake of fire.

Now back to Rev. 20.4:
We can see by the fact that these "souls" referred to here "had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands," that these were those who did not go in the rapture, and so have yet to receive their glorified bodies. The "thrones, and they that sat on them," are His apostles. "Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." [Matt. 19.28]. These are the "souls" being judged in Rev. 20.4.

There is so much more, but I hope this helps to answer your question.
Love in Christ. Roy.

Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2003, 01:25:22 AM »

Roy
You said,
Behold, I tell you a mystery: we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed-in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptable, and we shall be changed. For this corruptable must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortallity." [1 Cor. 15.51-53]. Please read all of 1 Cor. 15.
When the Lord returns this will certainly happen. But when He returns it will be the end of time.
We have to look at all the verses that speak of this including Matthew 24:

Matthew 24:29  Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Matthew 24:30  And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Pay attention to verse 29. The sun will go dark, the moon will no longer give light, and the stars will fall from the sky. God put them up there so we can keep track of time.

Genesis 1:4  And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Genesis 1:5  And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Genesis 1:14  And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Therefore when He removes them we are in eternity. So when the Lord returns it is Judgment Day. There is no way to have 1,000 years without timepieces.
Lets go back to Mat. 24 and look at verse 3.

Matthew 24:3  And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Matthew 24:14  And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

His coming and the end of the world are tied together.
Rev. 20.4 is BEFORE His return. They are disembodied because they are in heaven. When a believer is absent from the body they are present with the Lord.
We have a physical body and we have a spiritual body I’m sure you know that.
And when the Lord returns we get a new glorified physical body.
Before we are saved we are spiritually dead.

Ephesians 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
 Ephesians 2:1 ¶ And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

When we become saved it is because God has resurrected our dead spiritual body. That is why it is called the first resurrection in that is spoken of.

Revelation 20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The 1,000 years is not a literal 1,000 years the key to understanding this is:

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

There is also more to this, God Bless

Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2003, 03:36:42 AM »

Matthew 24:29  Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Matthew 24:30  And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

You seem to be saying that when the events described in Matt. 24.29 happen, that the sun and moon cease to exist. It does not say that; it says the sun will be "darkened", and that the "moon shall not give her light".
I experienced the sun being darkened when in 1980 Mount St Helens filled the sky with ash.
If the scripture said they ceased to exist at that point, you would have a point. But it does not say that. In fact, the scripture that refers to them ceasing to exist is Rev. 21.1, which is after the white throne judgement, which is after the 1000 year reign. And then it is because God has created a new heaven and a new earth, where we will live with Him for all eternity.

To me, the thousand year reign is as clear as can be. God, in His Word, says that Satan will be bound for 1000 years; [Rev. 20.2]. and Satan is bound, "that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished." [Re. 20.3]. And then there is the verse that says, "And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years." End of [Rev. 20.4]
These verses clearly state that Christ will reign for a thousand years, and that Satan is bound during those thousand years.
I am sorry brother, but I just don't see how you can say there is no thousand year reign, when God in His Word clearly says there is.
But you are entitled to see it that way if you wish, and I pray God's blessings upon you.
Roy.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2003, 05:42:03 AM »

Thank you for this discussion! It's intriguing, and needs some thought.  Smiley

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2003, 11:44:26 AM »

Royo
Revelation is not in a chronological order. I wish I had time to explain this but I am heading out of town for a few days.
Satan was bound at the cross.
Remember when Jesus said you cannot plunder a rich mans house unless he is bound first.
The whole time the greatest preacher ever to have walked the earth, God made flesh, preached only a hand full of individuals were saved. He goes to the cross and thousands are saved.
The reason Peter could preach one sermon and save thousands is because Satan was bound.
The stars fall from the sky. They were put up as time pieces.

LoggedintoJesus

John 3:16 John 11:25 Rev 22:17

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2003, 06:02:21 AM »

six 24hr days for creation .
Age of the earth only God knows exactly, I understand that there is no accurate dating systems, probley the Bible is the closet we can get to determining the age of the earth.From my knowledge of the bible it does not say specifically so then how can we know? 6000 - 10,000  yrs old ?
But we do know its not millions of years old thats for sure.

1000 yrs is a Lord's day in duration , and I think the reference is in relation to the length of the Day of the Lord ,which is the millenium period, the reign of Christ upon the earth.

psalm 62:8  Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him, God is a refuge for us.
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2003, 12:39:47 PM »

six 24hr days for creation .
Age of the earth only God knows exactly, I understand that there is no accurate dating systems, probley the Bible is the closet we can get to determining the age of the earth.From my knowledge of the bible it does not say specifically so then how can we know? 6000 - 10,000  yrs old ?
But we do know its not millions of years old thats for sure.

1000 yrs is a Lord's day in duration , and I think the reference is in relation to the length of the Day of the Lord ,which is the millenium period, the reign of Christ upon the earth.
The earth is13,000 years old. To check this out follow the lead on post #17.
No where in the bible does it say Christ will reign on earth for 1,000 years. That is an interpretation people have made. Then it is taught as fact. But it is only theory. Sort of like how evolution is taught.
It is OK to interpret scripture but it is important to keep an open mind and allow the scripture to correct the interpretation.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the