Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:17:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christians need their own party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christians need their own party  (Read 5842 times)
DLee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 01:26:34 PM »

I didn't really think much about political parties one way or the other until recently,  I just worked for individual candidates.  Since I have been paying attention, the Republicans have not impressed me as following a path that God would have approved of.  In fact, they disgust me.  I think I would prefer an honest athiest to a person who walks around carrying a cross in public and then who isn't a Godly person when he figures no one is watching.
I can't say I'm all that impressed with the Democrats either.  In fact, I think they are as bad as the Republicans, but not any worse. 
   That's why a Christian party would be a blessing.  A politician wouldn't have to make a choice between doing what his God would want and doing what would benefit his party, as Shinkus did- and made the wrong choice- if his party was more concerned with following God than with political advantage. 
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 01:37:43 PM »

I think I would prefer an honest athiest to a person who walks around carrying a cross in public and then who isn't a Godly person when he figures no one is watching.

An honest atheist?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh? HOW can you prefer anyone who doesn't believe in GOD??

I can't say I'm all that impressed with the Democrats either.  In fact, I think they are as bad as the Republicans, but not any worse. 

Banning prayer in schools, condoning same sex marriage, allowing gay and lesbian couples to adopt and raise children, condemning peole for using the name of Jesus....the list goes on and on..that is what demorcrats stand for you say that isn't worse?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

That's why a Christian party would be a blessing.  A politician wouldn't have to make a choice between doing what his God would want and doing what would benefit his party, as Shinkus did- and made the wrong choice- if his party was more concerned with following God than with political advantage. 

you just said you prefer an atheist
and in the next breath you say you want a Christian party??

Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 01:42:39 PM »

Amen Sister Maria!

Actually the Democratic party as a whole is much worse in this aspect. They profess God yet consistantly vote for anti-Christian agendas. Yes there are those in the Republican party that profess God but there are still many that do vote for Christian agendas and the aspects that our nation was founded on (not as much as I would like but still they do so).

Another point to think on. If there were a Christian political party would it really be any better? Would there be those that would jump on the Christian bandwagon in the manner that the Democrats have tried to do since the last Presidential election?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 01:59:23 PM »

Amen PR, my feelings exactly.

There is a few things to remember here,
1. God is neither Republican or Democrat, He is God.
2. His Kingdom is not of this world God neither set up Republicans of Democrats.
3. God wants His people to represent Him.
4. If every Christian that is old enough to vote, wnt out and voted on election day, and prayed about, and informed themselves as to who is the candidate God would have in office, this Country would be a whole lot better off.

In the end GOD's will, will be done. He knows the end from the begining. He has a purpose and everyone will be judged by Him.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
DLee

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 02:11:57 PM »

No, I don't prefer an Athiest. But at least he's telling the truth.   I have 0 as in zero respect for a person who says he is a Christian to get Christian support and then forgets the people who put him in office before the ink is dry on the ballots.
  And, yes, it is possible that a person would tell the leaders of a Christian party whatever they wanted to hear in order to get their support, but a whole party would be able to call him to task when his actions didn't live up to what he had said. We don't have any recourse now, when an elected official chooses to follow his party  instead of his God- as Shimkus did- and as many others have done, we can't do anything. 
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 02:23:23 PM »

Yes we can, we can become better informed about the candidates, register, vote,
and most important PRAY and let God lead us
to vote for the man He wants in office, just because there are a lot of dishonest and lying politicians doesn't mean that there aren't any Godly ones.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 02:31:25 PM »

We don't have any recourse now, when an elected official chooses to follow his party  instead of his God- as Shimkus did- and as many others have done, we can't do anything. 

This is where the prior record is important to be researched. As for recourse??  ..... they can be voted out of office just as Rep. Gerry E. Studds, D. Mass should have been when in 1983 he actually had sex with an underage male page. Instead the Democratic party fully supported him and nominated him for more positions and he is still in office.

No, I don't prefer an Athiest. But at least he's telling the truth.

On the contrary he is telling lies.  Wink Grin   "There is no God.", "The U.S. was not founded on Christian principles.", "Separation of church and state.", just to name a few.

A Christian party sounds really good in principle but unfortunately with so many churches going the way of the world I do not see it being any different.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 02:41:27 PM »

On the contrary he is telling lies.  Wink Grin   "There is no God.", "The U.S. was not founded on Christian principles.", "Separation of church and state.", just to name a few.

Ps 14:1  The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Amen PR, there are many such disgraces that have been going on just think of the Ted Kennedy scandal....look at Clinton's behavior, he shamed our country internationaly....who knows how much more dirt has been swept under the rug.

DLee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 04:50:14 PM »

[

A Christian party sounds really good in principle but unfortunately with so many churches going the way of the world I do not see it being any different.

He may be telling himself lies, but he isn't lying to me just to get my support.  And, if we gave people an option maybe so many people wouldn't be going "the way of the world".  As it is now, we have to make a choice every time we go to the polls between a party that admits to being nonChristian and one that "talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk". 
The Republicans have been in charge of the country for years.  Have you noticed any great changes that they have made?  Little stuff, a few months before the election coming up- that I've seen, but big stuff, that they could have done---- They didn't even try.

[/quote]
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 06:06:07 PM »

Dlee,

You sound like a political operative with an agenda. Are you being paid to make posts on Christian forums?

Christians are smart enough to see through the smoke screens. We also know that a lot of obstruction was involved in what could have been done and what was tried. You can guess who was responsible for the obstruction, or you can look at the records for the votes and KNOW the record. Regardless of the obstruction, some major bills were passed in numerous areas, one being abortion. For the first time in many years, the ACLU is losing cases, and there are bills in the system now to shut their money from the public down.

Much more could have been done without the obstruction. As an individual, I won't have anything to do with putting the obstructionists in power. AND, I'm certainly against the Godless direction that they want to take the country in. One look at their stated platform is all I need. The recent selective outrage and hypocrisy speaks volumes, and all of the story isn't even out yet. Christians are smart enough to see through all of the baloney.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2006, 06:19:21 PM »

As it is now, we have to make a choice every time we go to the polls between a party that admits to being nonChristian and one that "talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk".

We have no party that admits to be non-Christian. And yes the Democrats do "talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk".

The Republicans have been in charge of the country for years.  Have you noticed any great changes that they have made?  Little stuff, a few months before the election coming up- that I've seen, but big stuff, that they could have done---- They didn't even try.

The Democrats were in charge for many years more than the Republicans and did nothing but destroy all this nation stood for and took many Christian liberties away from them. It takes a long time to undo all the damage that they did. Especially when having to fight people like the ACLU/Cair and the Democrats.

You sure are arguing awfully hard for the Democrats.

DLee

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2006, 08:53:21 PM »

Oh, I think I've managed to offend pretty much everybody. Republicans and Democrats- at least that's how I feel.  If you feel the Republicans have been insulted more than the Democrats, you probably just are more offended by what I've said about them than when I said the same thing about the Democrats.
   I DON"T LIKE EITHER PARTY. I AM mad that I feel used by the Republicans.  Neither party has done anything, but at least the Democrats never suckered me into working for them by saying that they would.
   My point is that I think we should have a better choice than either of these parties.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2006, 09:40:18 PM »

at least the Democrats never suckered me into working for them

The advertisement I saw on the illinoisdemnet and the Democratic Underground says differently.

I must disagree though with the "Neither party has done anything" statement. The republican party has done quite a lot about supporting Christians. The ACLU has been deterred by the Rebuplican caucus, same sex marriage is currently being fought against and has been won in many states, laws reducing abortion have been inacted, a Navy Chaplains ability to pray in the name of Jesus has been supported by new laws, ..... the list goes on and anyone that has really been paying attention would know this.

The worn out technique of putting down Republicans and calling for people to vote for any party except Republicans is a tactic used by Democratic politicians to steal the votes from Republicans so that the Democrats have a better chance to win enough votes to get into office. Anyone politically savvy knows this and can see right through it.

A Christian should be mad at those that are working so hard to take away our freedoms and to prevent us from being recognized in public at all including the removal of any and every thing Christian all the while they are supporting islam in all aspects of our nation.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2006, 09:53:22 PM »

Oh, I think I've managed to offend pretty much everybody. Republicans and Democrats- at least that's how I feel.  If you feel the Republicans have been insulted more than the Democrats, you probably just are more offended by what I've said about them than when I said the same thing about the Democrats.
   I DON"T LIKE EITHER PARTY. I AM mad that I feel used by the Republicans.  Neither party has done anything, but at least the Democrats never suckered me into working for them by saying that they would.
   My point is that I think we should have a better choice than either of these parties.

DLee,

I'm offended that the democrats think that Christians can be easily manipulated, especially by paid political operatives. This alone would be enough for me to vote for anyone but a democrat. Some must think that Christians are dumb as rocks.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2006, 10:03:37 PM »

Taken from the platform of Danny L. Stover.

Stover supports abortion rights. I support the U.S. Supreme Court rulings in Roe V. Wade and the Casey decision.

He opposes the use of vouchers or other federal tax dollars for private schools and supports the development of national standards for public education.

Specific questions asked of him and his answers:

Include sexual orientation in federal anti-discrimination laws, especially homosexual indoctrination. Yes

Do you support a constitutional amendment that would define marriage as a union between a man and woman?  NO

All the reasons for a true Christian to NOT support him

As for U.S. Rep. John Shimkus it has not been proven that he is guilty but then most Democrats have him guilty and condemned before the investigation even starts just because he is a Republican.

DLee,

I'm offended that the democrats think that Christians can be easily manipulated, especially by paid political operatives. This alone would be enough for me to vote for anyone but a democrat. Some must think that Christians are dumb as rocks.

From the information I posted above here that is a fact.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the