Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:38:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christians need their own party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christians need their own party  (Read 5822 times)
DLee

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2006, 07:38:59 AM »

Whenever I work in a Republican campaign office, I find that most of the people doing the work are evangelical Christians.  That's because they believe what the Republicans say about believing in Christian values.  But, as soon as the election is over, they forget about Christian values until the next election. 
   Republicans, because of the work and money of Christians, have controlled the White House since 2000, the House of Representatives since 1995, the senate since 2003, and Republican presidents have appointed 7 of 9 Supreme Court Judges.  But Christian values legislation is very far down on their list of priorities, so very little has been done.
    Christians could be better served if they put the money and work that they are putting into the Republican party into starting their own party, that is truely based on Christian values.   Imagine what could be done!  We already have all the people and the money. All we need is the leadership.   And, there are a lot more Christians in this country than Republicans. 
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 08:21:27 AM »

Hello Dlee, welcome to CU Forums.  Cheesy

Whenever I work in a Republican campaign office, I find that most of the people doing the work are evangelical Christians.  That's because they believe what the Republicans say about believing in Christian values.  But, as soon as the election is over, they forget about Christian values until the next election. 
   Republicans, because of the work and money of Christians, have controlled the White House since 2000, the House of Representatives since 1995, the senate since 2003, and Republican presidents have appointed 7 of 9 Supreme Court Judges.  But Christian values legislation is very far down on their list of priorities, so very little has been done.
    Christians could be better served if they put the money and work that they are putting into the Republican party into starting their own party, that is truely based on Christian values.   Imagine what could be done!  We already have all the people and the money. All we need is the leadership.   And, there are a lot more Christians in this country than Republicans. 

I agree with you. I think this is something Christians should pray about. There are many fine Christians in Capitol Hill right now and regardless of what so many people say even our Prseident is a Christian. Yes there is a great number of Christians out there, that is obvious by the results of our last election. What we need is to pray about this. Even though we know what is about to happen, there is still a great need for moral Christian values in our Country.
We know that we will have a Godly government when our Lord Jesus returns to set up His Kingdom. That is a blessed hope.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 09:59:35 AM »

Hi DLee.

Welcome to Christians Unite. I just came from the website Democratic Underground and saw the ad for Downstate Democrats for Change. I see that you have a lot of experience in the political arena, especially for Danny L. Stover, Democratic Candidate for U.S. Congress, IL District 19.

What you have said about the Rebublicans is also true of many of the other party platforms right now  ..... that none of them put forth the effort to stay with whatever they are saying that gets them into office in the first place.

I agree that we do need our own Christian Party. Since you have had so much experience in this area why don't you get started on it and head something up in that angle?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 10:31:46 AM »

Look a little further to the south and use the "Reply" button instead of the "report to Moderator" button.  Wink Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
DLee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 10:34:02 AM »

That's exactly my point.  Why should we have to choose a between a party that says it doesn't support Christian values and one that says it does but never actually does anything about it.  Danny is a good Christian man who was my professor in college.  I support him no matter what party endorses him, but why can't he choose to run as a Christian instead of as a Republican or Democrat.  Does anyone actually believe that either of those parties represents Christians?
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 10:37:59 AM »

Hi DLee.

Welcome to Christians Unite. I just came from the website Democratic Underground and saw the ad for Downstate Democrats for Change. I see that you have a lot of experience in the political arena, especially for Danny L. Stover, Democratic Candidate for U.S. Congress, IL District 19.

What you have said about the Rebublicans is also true of many of the other party platforms right now  ..... that none of them put forth the effort to stay with whatever they are saying that gets them into office in the first place.

I agree that we do need our own Christian Party. Since you have had so much experience in this area why don't you get started on it and head something up in that angle?

That sounds like a great idea  Smiley

Although I would still vote ONLY for the man of God. I would let the Holy Spirit guide me on who to vote for, afterall actions speak louder than words. And the Holy Spirit's leading the the action and words are the only ones I would follow.

Mt 7:15 ¶ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves

Ac 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
(KJV)

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 10:42:28 AM »

Probably for the same reason that Danny Stover decided to go with the Democrats.

DLee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 10:48:53 AM »

I've been thinking about your idea about my starting a party.  I think you're way overestimating my ability and  my commitment.  Do you know of any group that's thinking the same way that I could join? 
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 11:04:55 AM »

Jesus said it best

Mt 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; {things...: or, scandals}

Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 12:34:19 PM »

I don't know of any present active party that would fit that category completely. There are many different parties available that might come close but I wouldn't say that they fit completely.

In either case such a party would have to be an independant and the only problem with that is that most people want to go with either the Democratic or the Republican party. They feel that to do otherwise is to throw their vote away. Personally I would rather go with an independant if they were truly Christians and promoting true Christian values.

Perhaps you are the one that is underestimating your ability. With the Lord behind us we can do anything that is according to His will.

Rom 8:31  What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

The thing to do would be to have those that are fitting and able to praticipate to do the things that you may not be up to doing yourself.

My question about Danny Stover is where does he stand on such things as abortion, homosexuality (same sex marriage), freedom of speech for Christians, prayer in schools, Bible study in schools ...........

We know where most Democrats stand on these and it sure isn't as a Christian should. If he is Christian and willing to stand on Christian principles then he should be willing to also go independant??

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 01:08:03 PM »

Hello DLee,

WELCOME!

It's really a no brainer when the stated platform of a party is pro-abortion, pro same sex marriage, anti-God, and anti just about everything a Christian stands for. So, it would seem that a Christian politician would have the good sense to disassociate himself or herself from such an organization. Until then, they can count on losing the support of most Christians. Simple Politics 101.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 01:11:19 PM »

Hello DLee,

WELCOME!

It's really a no brainer when the stated platform of a party is pro-abortion, pro same sex marriage, anti-God, and anti just about everything a Christian stands for. So, it would seem that a Christian politician would have the good sense to disassociate himself or herself from such an organization. Until then, they can count on losing the support of most Christians. Simple Politics 101.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 05:02:19 PM »

Hello DLee,

WELCOME!

You do have a major point brother. I would not asociate myself with the Democratic party for any reason as to do so would be to associate myself with all that is against our Lord and Saviour.

DLee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 12:17:22 PM »

You do have a major point brother. I would not asociate myself with the Democratic party for any reason as to do so would be to associate myself with all that is against our Lord and Saviour.

In this District ( Illinois 19th)  Stover is a Democrat  running against a Republican ( John Shimkus) who was the person who the Foley incident was reported to and who  covered it up.  Would you support a good man who was a Democratic candidate or a Republican who covered up for a man who was sending sexual messages to sixteen year old boys?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 01:07:16 PM »

Would you support a good man who was a Democratic candidate or a Republican who covered up for a man who was sending sexual messages to sixteen year old boys?

That would depend on his voting record. If he voted against such things as same sex marriage, abortion, the ACLU and other such organizations, then I just might. Many politicians claim to be Christian but the fruits of their works show through. If that person has voted for those things that are against the teachings of God then it does not matter what he claims to be. Being a member of a church organization would not necessarily be a decision factor either as there are many that go through the moves in that manner just for show.

Personally I do not see someone that would vote against such would align himself with a party that sets their platform for those things. That person would be alienated by their party and would not be able to function in the political arena.

Since religious beliefs were brought out as a major factor in the last elections there are many coming forward with professing God just for the political benefits.

Hmmm  ......   and yet you have??

« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 01:09:05 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the