Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:51:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Republican Congress Supports Pedophilia?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Republican Congress Supports Pedophilia?  (Read 9026 times)
Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2006, 08:58:55 PM »

Mark Foley, a 52 yr old Republican previously certain for reelection, wrote to one young page, "Do I make you a little horny?"

See the full story at:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2511141

"House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi of California proposed to the House that its ethics committee investigate and make a preliminary report in 10 days. . . Instead, majority Republicans engineered a vote to allow the ethics panel to decide whether there should even be an investigation."

It's time for some real oversight of this Republican government that is totally out of control.  Please vote Democrat in your next election.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:09:59 PM »

Roll Eyes  WOW!

This is one isolated example, and he resigned. Your broad brush painting with the title of this thread is a load of baloney.

How soon do we forget about a Democratic President who did much more than email and did remain the President. SO, this would be selective outrage!

Shocked   Shocked   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 09:35:59 PM »

How about the Democrats? They sanctioned a member of the Democratic party that actually commited sexual misconduct with a page.

In 1983, a congressman, Rep. Gerry E. Studds was caught having sexual relationships with a male page. Studds, a Democrat, would go on to be re-elected in his Massachusetts district and served until his 1996 retirement. Studds' involvement dated back to 1973, according to the House investigation. He admitted to having consensual sexual relations with a 17-year-old boy that year, and documents showed he had made advances on two other male pages.

Studds, 47 at the time, didn't back down during the investigation and instead lashed out at the investigation for invading his privacy; he said that because he was a gay, elected public official, it was much "more complex" to live a "meaningful private life."

Of course such lifestyles are fully supported by the left.

How soon we forget is right.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:57:28 PM »

WOW indeed!

I saw the "selective outrage" argument in the Republican talking points and recognize it as a load of baloney.  I never supported any hybrid politician and internet predator or anything else of the sort. 

Does the fact that you would make the reverse argument though does indicate that you think both are acceptable?

The broad brush painting comes from the Republican party providing cover yet again for its members' dishonesty and endangering Americans.  They are in gross need of independent oversight.  So I'll as you again to please vote for a Democrat (or anyone who is not a Republican) in your next election.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 10:11:06 PM »

So I'll as you again to please vote for a Democrat (or anyone who is not a Republican) in your next election.

I am seriously thinking of not voting republican this next election but why should I vote for a party ( the democrats ) that openly supports such atrocities amongst their own. That would be going from bad to a whole lot worse. As for your statement "The broad brush painting comes from the Republican party providing cover yet again for its members' dishonesty and endangering Americans." The Democratic party is much more full of covering for their own than is the Republican party. At least the Republicans resign when caught. As the post I made above on Rep. Gerry E. Studds, which is just one example of many, shows the Democrats don't and won't resign when they are caught. They continue on despite their being convicted.

I can see from your posts that you support homosexuality, pedophilia, abortion and a whole lot more that is against God.

So I'll ask you to please vote for someone other than a Democrat.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 10:15:28 PM »

Florida_Catholic,

I didn't make any excuses for anyone, and neither did the Republican party.

Let's go ahead and talk about something that isn't a broad brush load of baloney - something that actually is and was a system-wide gross abuse that went on for decades - something many were desperate to cover up and hide - something that isn't an isolated example - rather something that was institutional in scope and so widespread that it was shocking.

NO - I would not be talking about politics, but I would be talking about the same general area of gross sexual misconduct and the actual molestation of children.

Molestation of CHILDREN

by Catholic Priests!

I'm not partial to anyone who molests children or violates the law. I think they should all be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and the same would obviously apply to politicians. Put them all in prison where they belong, including the politicians and the priests. I draw no distinctions between any of them.

Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 10:24:04 PM »

Pastor Roger,

Brother, I'll vote for the person I think is best for the job, and it won't make any difference what party they belong to.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 10:44:40 PM »

Amen Brother Tom. It is the person that matters the most, not the party. I was being facious with FC since he/she insists that all republicans are by nature foul people yet totally ignore the fact that many Democrats not only openly support such atrocities but actually participate in them. This is the reason that the ACLU supports most democrats, pedophilias, abortion and other such garbage.

I have voted for a Democrat before a long time ago and may be persuaded to do so again if the right person comes along. At present all the Democrats that I can see are not fitting of my vote.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 11:36:18 PM »

Brother Roger,

I just got to thinking that I probably should have mentioned more information about how I vote. I have a list of moral and Biblical issues that I won't compromise with at all. Any candidate who stands against those moral and Biblical issues won't get my vote. If there isn't a worthy candidate, I'll do a write-in. I'm not trying to suggest that there must be a perfect candidate because there never is. They are all human, and all of them have done bad things at one time or another in their lives. JESUS CHRIST is the only perfect man who ever walked this earth, but HE was 100% man and 100% GOD at the same time.

For all of the above reasons, I'm all for voters having a wide range of choices in primaries and everything leading up to the election. This is just one reason why I think there is room for other parties and more choices. As an example, I have no problem at all in voting for a worthy Independent.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 11:54:01 PM »

I have no problem at all in voting for a worthy Independent.

Amen brother neither do I. I am currently looking into many of the other party candidates that are running here in Illinois and my research on them is all based on biblical issues.

What gets me the most is people that run two-faced, double standard agendas. If a Democrat had done what Congressman Foley did it would be said that he was just exercising his freedom of speech rights. As FC did here, he quickly overlooked the fact that a Democrat actually committed the act and was not just in speech alone, still supporting Democrats but quickly condemning all Republicans because of one persons indiscretion. It's the mindset of vote Democrat because of what Congressman Foley, a Republican did but at the same time vote Democrat irregardless of what Rep. Gerry E. Studds, a Democrat did.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 12:15:31 AM »

YES Brother, I see the gross hypocrisy, and I would hope that the vast majority of Americans are smart enough to see the same thing.

Overall, many of the things that I've seen over the last 10 years make me sick. I've been grossly disappointed with many people who turned out to be weak and without enough spine to stand up when they should have. I would be including people I voted for in my own state. I'm not impressed at all with political correctness. I like the old fashioned types who tell it like it is and own what they say. These folks are becoming rare now, and many politicians with high morals are chewed up and spit out by the system.

If I had my way, I would erect a gallows near the House and keep an executioner on retainer.    Grin   Grin   Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 12:26:14 AM »

If I had my way, I would erect a gallows near the House and keep an executioner on retainer.    Grin   Grin   Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

doc

Eternal Life begins at salvation - John 5:24

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 08:47:16 AM »

All,

"Does the fact that you would make the reverse argument though does indicate that you think both are acceptable?"

FC makes a valid point.

We can point fingers all day long on this issue and reach no conclusion as to who is most culpable.  The truth is that politics rarely brings out the best in a person and frequently allows for the worst - behind doors, that is. God knows the heart and the mind, thankfully and He will judge.

An interesting comment was made on a recent Fox report.  This kind of political hot potato usually favors the Dems and condemns the Reps.  Historically, the media has a field day and forward their liberal agenda at the expense of the conservatives.  Old Bill still has his excellent reputation and "Bend Over Barney" is still a senator from Mass.

Let's face it, the Reps were stupid not to clean house when they could and the Dems will do absolutely any thing to regain the White House/Congress/Supreme Court/Governorships and your wallet, that they can.  That is the true nature of the political beast and I want no part of it.

doc

Heed the words of Jesus:

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.  John 5:24  NKJV
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 09:56:36 AM »

"Does the fact that you would make the reverse argument though does indicate that you think both are acceptable?"

No it is not acceptable no matter what party the person is a member of. That was the point that I was making. Nor is this incident a reason to vote for nothing but Democrats. Nor is this a reason to have nothing at all to do with the political arena. I hear many Christians say they won't have anything to do with politics, I won't vote for these reasons. To avoid politics completely is to let that beast have it's way.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 06:49:13 PM »

One can see a pattern of scandals and how they are handled. In the most recent one, the person was forced out almost immediately. If you look over the last 30 years, the opposite was done on the other side of the aisle - they were promoted or kept. AND, that would include the President of the United States.

Anyone can easily look at the patterns of how things are handled, as there is a horrible history to look at. The most recent scandal represents selective outrage and hypocrisy to the outer limits. That doesn't lessen my outrage that it happened in the first place, but I did see how quickly and harshly it was handled. I want to know about who knew about this and kept it quiet until just before the election. I don't think that we will be surprised when we find out.

I won't be calling for the removal of people who had nothing to do with this, nor will it change the way I vote unless the candidate was involved.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the