Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:09:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Promise Keepers Get an Earful!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Promise Keepers Get an Earful!  (Read 2209 times)
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2003, 04:03:39 PM »

Judge Roy Moore spoke to 10,000 Promise Keepers in Atlanta. I can't think of a better crowd that needed to hear his message.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/specialreports/TENcommandments/StoryAlabamaTENCOM07W.htm

Psalm 119
John the Baptist
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 09:33:58 PM »

Judge Roy Moore spoke to 10,000 Promise Keepers in Atlanta. I can't think of a better crowd that needed to hear his message.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/specialreports/TENcommandments/StoryAlabamaTENCOM07W.htm

Psalm 119

Please tell us what is your belief on the Ten Commandment Law of God? Is it not FINISHED at the cross as many of this forum teach?? Sure seems like a lot of Babylonian confussion around here to me.
---John
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 10:28:49 PM »

Man, he sure is milking this, isn't he?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 10:55:05 PM »

Well Americans will generally have forgotten this story fairly soon, so Roy has to keep his name in the public somehow. Just imagine! Going from a rural circuit judge to speaking before 10,000 people in just a couple years time. And what has he really done? Has he advanced the Christian message somehow? This is just another example of the power of celebrity, name recognition alone will get him the governorship of Alabama. That should be fun! Can't wait for his next assault on American values from the Alabama Statehouse.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 11:09:12 PM »

Yes, the ten Commandments were finished at the cross. However, because Christ fulfilled the law, even though we are not a slave to it any more, because we are forgiven, we now WANT to do the right thing. As we confess our sins and His love and mercy fill our hearts, we have less sin in us and can come closer to obeying the law. Christianity is a paradox. The Holy Spirit now convicts of the law which is how we know we are sinning. Then Christ's forgiveness gives us love which replaces the sin we once enjoyed. So the ten commandments are always a reminder of when we are sinning.
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 11:10:46 PM »

I will not do as some and judge the heart motives of this Judge. He may truly be fed up with God being taken out everywhere in the public arena. I DO NOT KNOW.
As for the ten commandments themselves; of course we are still bound by them. It is still sinful to steal, kill, etc. We may be under grace now, and have liberty, but not liberty to sin.
I do not really agree with the way the Judge has gone about it, but I agree with the priciple he puts forth. And one day God will judge this nation for what she has become.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 02:01:05 AM »

Yes, the ten Commandments were finished at the cross. However, because Christ fulfilled the law, even though we are not a slave to it any more, because we are forgiven, we now WANT to do the right thing. As we confess our sins and His love and mercy fill our hearts, we have less sin in us and can come closer to obeying the law. Christianity is a paradox. The Holy Spirit now convicts of the law which is how we know we are sinning. Then Christ's forgiveness gives us love which replaces the sin we once enjoyed. So the ten commandments are always a reminder of when we are sinning.

YAY!! Now if only John understood this.

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 09:54:57 AM »

Jesus said that He did not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it.

"And the dragon was enraged with the woman and he went to make war with with the rest of her offspring, WHO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND HAVE THE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST" Rev. 12:17

"Here is the patience of the saints; here are those WHO KEEP THE COMMANDENTS OF GOD AND THE FAITH OF JESUS.' Rev. 14:12

This is not an "either" "or" question!

To begin with, one cannot keep the commandments, if one has not been born again. The spirit of God must be living in you. And His commands are not burdensome.

Secondly, dispensationalists (for the most part) cannot comprehend this concept. Most are so caught up in the "secret rapture" that they have failed to be salt and light in this society. Many actually get excited when society gets more wicked. Will these be part of the great falling away?

For those who do not know the Lord ,the Ten Commandments is a reminder of their wickedness. Paul said if it wasn't for the law he wouldn't have known what sin was....the law was his tutor to Christ.

By reading most of these posts, it is quite evident that many do not have a clue regarding the founding of this nation. I feel a sense of betrayl from those who teach revisionist history. I encourage those doubting Thomas's to dig deep into the annals of history, read the older editions of texts, manuscripts etc.

Our nation would still be under the dictates of England, under the "Crown", if it were not for a few courageous men, who risked their lives and fortunes for the cause of freedom.

I consider Judge Roy Moore to be the Daniel of our day!

Psalm 119
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2003, 11:21:28 AM »

For those who side WITH Judge Moore:

A petition of support for him:
http://www.afapetitions.com/SignPetition.asp?id=1050

Religious Liberties Restoration Act (Introduced in Senate)
http://www.stopliberaljudges.com/rlra_bill.html

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2003, 12:22:15 PM »

Jesus said that He did not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it.

"And the dragon was enraged with the woman and he went to make war with with the rest of her offspring, WHO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND HAVE THE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST" Rev. 12:17

"Here is the patience of the saints; here are those WHO KEEP THE COMMANDENTS OF GOD AND THE FAITH OF JESUS.' Rev. 14:12

This is not an "either" "or" question!

To begin with, one cannot keep the commandments, if one has not been born again. The spirit of God must be living in you. And His commands are not burdensome.

Secondly, dispensationalists (for the most part) cannot comprehend this concept. Most are so caught up in the "secret rapture" that they have failed to be salt and light in this society. Many actually get excited when society gets more wicked. Will these be part of the great falling away?

For those who do not know the Lord ,the Ten Commandments is a reminder of their wickedness. Paul said if it wasn't for the law he wouldn't have known what sin was....the law was his tutor to Christ.

By reading most of these posts, it is quite evident that many do not have a clue regarding the founding of this nation. I feel a sense of betrayl from those who teach revisionist history. I encourage those doubting Thomas's to dig deep into the annals of history, read the older editions of texts, manuscripts etc.

Our nation would still be under the dictates of England, under the "Crown", if it were not for a few courageous men, who risked their lives and fortunes for the cause of freedom.

I consider Judge Roy Moore to be the Daniel of our day!

Psalm 119

Yeah I'm not too sure where you are really coming from but I hate to break it to you.  The revolutionary war was FAR FAR away from a Christian act.  There IS NEVER anything in the NT that would indicate that because we don't like our taxes to hold a revolt.  If ever one would have a cause for revolt it was in Rome during Paul's time.  All I seem to see is him being imprisoned for preaching the word.  No revolts or uprisings.  I guess you just like to dismiss the parts in the NT that tell you to be obedient to the rulers of the day and if it conflicts with our beliefs to simpoly do the time.

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2003, 05:39:30 PM »

Saved4Ever,

I take it you're talking about Romans 13. I would encourage you to read it in it's entirety....very slowly....and in context.

Pay special attention to verse 3 & 4

I welcome a response.

Psalm 119

ps One of the saddest scriptures in the Bible is found in John 19:12,15

My question to you is this;"Who is King? Caesar or Jesus? Where does our allegiance lie?

If a law were to passed that it was illegal to own a Bible, would you obey? Or would you be like Daniel? (see chapter 6)
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2003, 05:46:44 PM »

Saved4Ever,

I take it you're talking about Romans 13. I would encourage you to read it in it's entirety....very slowly....and in context.

Pay special attention to verse 3 & 4

I welcome a response.

Psalm 119

ps One of the saddest scriptures in the Bible is found in John 19:12,15

My question to you is this;"Who is King? Caesar or Jesus? Where does our allegiance lie?

If a law were to passed that it was illegal to own a Bible, would you obey? Or would you be like Daniel? (see chapter 6)

I don't have time to fully address your question right now but I will tell you this much.  I believe I already addressed this as well but we'll try again.  If it were illegal to have a bible, I would have one anyway HOWEVER, I would pay the fine or do the time which ever it where.  I have read Romans the speed at which is irrelavant unless someone has a hard time understanding something.  Retarding your reading may help if needed.  I want you to come up with ANY scripture from the NT decarling that we hold a revolt of any sort.  Paul never rebelled against the authority but he did do a lot of time.

There are plenty I see arguing that taxes are unfare and hence they won't pay them, yet Jesus himself paid the "toll" did he not?  In like fashion he paid an ultimate price for disobeying the "law" as well.  There was no reason for the colonists to rebel and we all know what rebellion is, don't we?  High or "unfare" taxes" is not reason to destroy property (Boston Tea party) or rebel agaisnt the authority (revolutionary war).

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2003, 10:32:53 AM »

Saved4Ever,

I'm not trying to promote anarchy, or rebellion. What I'm trying to do, is trying to get you to think.

Yes, we are to obey the laws of our government...UNLESS THEY CONFLICT WITH THE LAWS OF GOD. Paul said that we must obey God rather than man. And when the two collide we must choose God.

Think a minute.... why were all the Apostles martyred ?(with the exception of John).They all broke some man made law..."thou shall not preach the gospel". Why did Jesus die on the cross? He "broke" the law of blasphemy; equating Himself with God.

Everyday our brothers and sisters in foreign lands are being tortured and killed for "breaking" the law of the land." If they live in an Islamic nation , professing to even know the Lord ,could be an untimate death sentence.

I encourage you to read Daniel 6. Daniel immediately broke a man made law after it was given (not to pray to his God). Why didn't he just lie low for the thirty days? Was his act one of rebellion to civil authorities.

I don't intend to continue to rail on such things, but I believe it's CRITICAL that Christians settle this matter in their hearts. The time is coming that we will all have to choose; King Jesus or Caesar!

Psalm 119

ps back to the matter at hand i.e. Judge Moore, please read this statement...The preamble to the Alabama State Constituion reads;

"We the people of the State of Alabama, in order to establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, invoking the favor and guidance of ALMIGHTY GOD, do ordain and establish the following Constitution and form of government for the State of Alabama (this statement is on the back panel of the monument)

There are two issues here: "Can a state acknowlege God"? and the 10th Ammendent (states rights) Or can one Federal Judge (appointed not elected) mandate a religion of atheism on the people?
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2003, 01:43:30 PM »

I do believe I saoid when it conflicts with the bible you do what the LORD says HOWEVER, that means paying the price for disobeying the law.  

The monarch of England stopped nothing of religion in the colonies.  They just didn't like the high taxes and other such things.  It was a rebellion of pride and money.  The same reason the civil war happened.

I already told you.  If the law claims you can't say homosexuality is wrong I will not stop but I must pay the consequences for it.  I am not allowed to solicit the gospel at work.  I do my best to leave it out there however.  For instance I have bible quotes tapes to my monitor and I leave a church program that has "JESUS SAVES" written on the front.  I can not however start to tell people they need Christ without them asking me about it.

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2003, 02:26:27 PM »

Saved4Ever,

It sounds like you have already been silenced in the work place.

I would find another job!

Psalm 119
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the