Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:09:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  GRACE AND THE TRUTH - DAILY INSPIRATION
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 219 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GRACE AND THE TRUTH - DAILY INSPIRATION  (Read 282822 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 03:06:30 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ ~SOLID GOLD TRIALS~ JANUARY 20, 2006

~SOLID GOLD TRIALS~
By M.Stanford

"For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God'" (II Cor. 4:15).

Since He is both my God and my Father, and since all of the hardships He takes me through are specifically designed to conform me to the image of the Lord Jesus, how can I help but trust Him and rejoice in His faithfulness?

"It is well to remember that the deepest and truest spiritual qualities are not learnt or established in us by our happy or enjoyable times, but in the difficult ones! There is nothing wrong in times of great joy and spiritual blessing; in fact we long for more of them, and look back perhaps to some days of much blessing in our lives or in the work of the Lord; but in the securing of Christ in greater measure in our lives, we find that it is by the things which we suffer that we learn most. So let us give thanks for the joyful days, and learn all that the Lord intends by the days of waiting and difficulty." - C.J.B.H.

"Faith asks for no props from the men and things around it; it finds 'all its springs' in God; and hence it is that faith never shines so brightly as when all around is dark. It is when nature's horizon is overcast with the blackest clouds, that faith basks in the sunshine of the divine favor and faithfulness." - C.H.M.

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory" (II Cor. 4:17).

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.

Click Below For FREE Email Subscription:
http://www.graceandthetruth.com/pop_up.htm

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 03:07:59 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ ~TRINITY-TRAINED~ JANUARY 21, 2006

~TRINITY-TRAINED~
By M.Stanford

"He comforts us in our every affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction by means of the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted of God" (II Cor. 1 :4, Wey.).

It is a great comfort to know that everything our Father takes us through -- much of which may be hard and heartbreaking -- has a dual purpose. That which He utilizes to cause us to grow spiritually is at the same time designed to prepare us for His service. He does nothing in vain; He wastes nothing.

"In the very service itself God makes the servant fit to carry it out. A person is first disciplined for service, and then in the service he is made fit by it for the character of it. God has not servants ready made. He makes them fit for His own service in connection with the race they have to run. The word 'chasten' is the same as that used in Ephesians with respect to bringing up the children: it is nurture. We attach too much the idea of severity, or retribution, to it." - J.B.S.

"Why does God take some through such deep and trying experiences? Why is it that He does not allow some of His children to have an easy way and to be satisfied and gratified with elementary things? The needs of others - that is why.

"We know quite well if any have been able really to help others, it is because they have gone through deep experience, they have pioneered this way, they have paid a great price for this freedom. It has been costly, but worthwhile if others can be really helped."

"But to God be the thanks who in Christ ever heads our triumphal procession, and by our hands waves in every place that sweet incense, the knowledge of Him" (II Cor. 2:14, Wey.).

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 03:09:37 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ ~KNOW TO GROW~ JANUARY 21, 2006

~KNOW TO GROW~

"And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent" (John 17:3).

The heartbreaking knowledge of self brings a life-giving compensation, which is knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. The needs generated by the realization of the sin of self produce the necessary motivation and hunger which cause us to focus upon the Lord Jesus and become conformed to His image. "And we all, while with face unveiled we behold in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are ourselves transformed continually into the same likeness" (II Cor. 3:18, Cony.).

"Many a new believer has obtained relief in his conscience from his sins, because of faith in the Blood of Jesus Christ; that is, he does not see further than Romans 3. He has faith in the work of Christ, but has not yet come in faith to Christ. He is like the woman who touched the hem of His garment, assured of His work but not yet acquainted with Himself." - ].B.S.

"It is one thing to believe on the Lord Jesus, to be born again, to be saved That is a glorious thing as a beginning, but it alone will not take you right through all you have to meet; and if you are really in the Lord's hands He will see to it that by virtue of need you are drawn into knowing more and more of His Son. It is the normal course of a true, Holy Spirit-governed Christian life that, in order to get through, an increase of Christ, a growing discovery of Christ, is necessary." - T.A-S.

"That I may know Him" (Phil. 3:10).

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 03:11:20 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ ~Crossing Over in 2006~ JANUARY 22, 2006

~Crossing Over in 2006~
by Steve McVey

"The land into which you are about to cross to possess it, [is] a land of hills and valleys, drinks water from the rain of heaven, [it is] a land for which the LORD your God cares; the eyes of the LORD your God are always on it, from the beginning even to the end of the year." (Deut. 11:11-12)

2006 is new territory for us all. It is a Land of Grace and living in the Land of Grace is never dull. Egypt is a flat land. A person can travel one mile or a hundred and the landscape never changes. Canaan, on the other hand, is a land of diversity. There are mountain peaks and valleys, ups and downs.

That's how life will be in 2006. There will be happy days and hard days, but all the ups and downs of our lives are controlled by our Loving Father because our "steps are established by the Lord." Your Father loves you so much. Take that truth with you each step of the way through 2006. "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, (He says) thoughts of peace, and not evil, plans to give you a future and hope" (Jeremiah 29:11).

The year ahead will be a year of divine supply. In Egypt we had to dig our own irrigation ditches, trying to produce life from the labor and struggles of our own hands. In the Land Of Grace, our Father sends what we need from heaven. Our part is to receive by faith all that He wants to give and wants to do.

2006 is a Land of Grace, and it is our land. It is a land about which "the LORD your God cares." Every square inch and every millisecond of time during the coming year is what He wants to share with you. Let's claim it by faith! Let's march into the new year, free from fear and full of hope. Let us go into it with the deep settled confidence that victory is ours, that there is nothing left to fear and that there is power and glory awaiting us!

May you and your family realize His rich blessings in 2006.Thank you for journeying with us on this grace walk as we continue to share His life and love with the world.

Grace Walk Ministies

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 03:14:13 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ THE CROSS AND THE SPIRIT JANUARY 23, 2006

THE CROSS AND THE SPIRIT
By M. Stanford

"But God forbid that I should glory, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world" (Gal. 6:14).

The Lord Jesus carried out the work of the Cross as to our eternal position. The Holy Spirit carries out the work of the Cross as to our present condition. "He will take the things that are Mine and will transmit them to you" (John 16:15, Amp.).

"We cannot separate the Cross from the Holy Spirit. We can have no Easter and no Pentecost, until we have first had a Good Friday. Through the Cross alone we are prepared for life in the fulness of God; only he who is crucified with Christ can be a vessel unto honor. Our 'old man' must be crucified with Christ, and in His resurrection we find the roots of our new life. Whosoever loses his life, shall find it. We must learn the lesson of the Cross, as condemned and rejected ones, who have been crucified with Christ.

"Then the door will be open for a life of power and blessing. All that belongs to death must be turned over to the death of the Cross, even as the body is laid away in the earth, because it belongs to the earth. The Holy Spirit, the Eternal Spirit, is unchangeable. He brought Christ our Head to the Cross, and us His children with Him. For this work in us is twofold. On the one hand, it leads us to death; and on the other hand, to that life which God has placed within us, and which leads from glory to glory." - A.M.

"And all of us, with faces uncovered, because we continue to reflect like mirrors the splendor of the Lord, are being transformed into likeness to Him, from one degree of splendor to another, since it comes from the Lord who is the Spirit" (II Cor. 3:18, Wms.).

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 03:19:46 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ Strive Toward the Upward Calling FEBRUARY 1, 2006

Strive Toward the Upward Calling
by Maria Warner-Dowrich

Peace, joy and continued fellowship in the Lord this New Year!

As the New Year begins, we often make new resolutions. Things that we want to accomplish throughout the year at hand - goals, dreams and desires.

Before I came to the saving grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I was caught up in this trend or tradition, if you will. I don't remember if I ever truly accomplish any of the resolutions I made, not in their entirety anyway.

The problem with this is, my goals were too high, unattainable. You see, I was looking at life from a worldly perspective. This happens when we depend on our own strength, therefore, we are destined to fail in the long run.

For most of us we do not take into consideration our gifts and arttributes before we begin our journey down "New Resolutions Street."

Now that I am a Christian, my first thought is to speak with the Lord, consult with Him and hear what He has to say. Then ask myself these questions: Are my goals, dreams and desires in line with His plan for my life? If so, how can I achieve them through His word? Are the gifts He has blessed me with cultivated enough to pursue these goals?

When these questions are answered, according to the will of God, then I have the red light to proceed. I then know that I can achieve anything according to His purpose for my life.

The endeavor may not always be easy but it is attainable! Resolutions, if any are made, should be to renew our spiritual strength through the Word of God and to nourish our faith in Jesus Christ's finished work. (Heb. 12:12-15)

Making sacifices to accomplish a New Year's resolution in our own strength, when reached are all perishable. (ICor. 9:24-25)

No New Years' resolutions for me! But a continued and renewed day of working for the Lord and striving toward the upward calling as should be our goal each and every day. (Phil.3:14)

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 03:21:24 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ "Titus 2:11-12" FEBRUARY 2, 2006

"Titus 2:11-12"

Scripture reading Titus 2:11-12

One of the reasons we are instructed to study the Word of God (II Timothy 2:15) is in order that we might be instructed by it so we will know how we are to live in this present evil age. Paul has been set forth as our example (I Timothy 1:16; I Corinthians 11 :1) and we are to learn from his LIFE as well as from his ministry. Yet, Paul tells us we have a better instructor. GRACE is to be our teacher and if we listen to this teacher, we will learn that separation is essential if the Christian is to walk pleasingly before our God.

In Titus 2:11, Paul says that the grace which brought salvation has appeared for all men and this teacher instructs the saints (verse 12) to deny "ungodliness" and "worldly lusts" To do this, there must be a separation of the believer from those activities that are so much a part of this world system. Yet, it is not enough for the saint just to live a negative life, that is, one that abstains from these immoral activities. There are many unsaved individuals who also abstain from ungodly activities and worldly lusts. Grace teaches the saint to go further than just living a NEGATIVE life. The saint is to live a POSITIVE life. The saint is to do something the unsaved, but morally upright person, cannot do. The saint is to live "RIGHTEOUSLY" and "GODLY" in this present evil age. No unsaved person can live righteously or godly.

There is much legislating of morality by many churches today, but this only produces an attitude that is negative - don't do this or don't do that. Let us separate ourselves from this negative attitude and adopt a positive attitude. Christianity is not a doctrine to be believed, it is a life to be lived. We, as saints, in this dispensation, are to LIVE "RIGHTEOUSLY " and "GODLY."
Marvin Duncan, Pastor

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 03:22:54 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ ~THE BLESSED HOPE~ FEBRUARY 3, 2006

~THE BLESSED HOPE~

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present age. LOOKING FOR the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works (Titus 2:11-14 NKJ)."

"The Blessed Hope" which is the revelation of the Lord Jesus is Christ in His coming for His Church, "The Body of Christ," is found here in a context that is dealing with the Christian's conduct In Romans 4:25 we see Jesus Christ "was delivered for our offenses and raised for our justification." Here in verse 14, we see the cross of Christ was for our sanctification. Christ "gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works," in this context Jesus Christ was raised from the dead, so we would "walk in the newness of life!"

"LOOKING FOR the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ," deals with obedience. It's a hopeful anticipation of an obedient child. In Luke 12:46, the master of a disobedient servant is coming "when he is NOT LOOKING for him" When a child has been disobedient, he doesn't look forward to his father coming home. The Apostle Paul mentioned he would receive "a crown (reward) of righteousness" because of his obedience (2 Timothy 2:7,8 ). He also mentioned, so would all those who "LOVE HIS (Christ) APPEARING!" He had obedient Christians in mind who were "zealous for good works." Are you one of them?

Pastor Dick Ware

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 03:24:29 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ ~STRENGTHENED WITH POWER~ FEBRUARY 4, 2006

~STRENGTHENED WITH POWER~

"That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit In the inner man" Eph 3:16

To the unregenerate soul, many of the declarations of the Apostle Paul are unfathomable. Most notable among these is the statement recorded in verse 10 of 2 Corinthians, chapter 12: "I take pleasure in infirmities (weaknesses), in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

The saint of God, however, can heartily empathize with this profound affirmation. He knows that the strength here referred to by the apostle is drawn from the power of God in Christ. We who are redeemed in Jesus Christ know full well that to struggle in our own strength is to tilt at windmills. Thus, Paul declares that "(his) strength is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9) He is saying that he gains strength only as the power of the indwelling Christ prevails. Hence the confident statement, "I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).

As members of His Body we are specifically instructed, exhorted and admonished through His Word of truth. And He assures us of our ability to comply with His requirements by HIS strength, which will enable us to resist and persist in accordance with the walk of faith. "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way of escape, that ye may be able to bear it" ( 1 Cor. 10: 13b).

And so Paul prays for us" ...to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man......
Pastor Robert Hanna

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 03:26:04 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ ~GLORIFIED IN CHRIST~ FEBRUARY 5, 2006

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (EPHESIANS 2:6)

~GLORIFIED IN CHRIST~

Once again, the key phrase to note is "in Christ" The doctrine of our Glorification is inseparably linked to that of our identification with Christ.  When Christ died; we died; when Christ was buried, we were buried (Romans 6:3,4); when Christ arose, we arose with Him (Colossians 2:12). The Apostle Paul further proceeds to tells us in Eph. 2:6 that when Christ ascended and was seated in glory on the right hand of the Father, we too were raised (past tense,) and glorified together with Him. This is an accomplished fact .  As far as God is concerned we are already glorified, for He see us "in Christ." The Apostle is not here referring to our state or condition, but rather to our standing or position.

It is upmost importance for us to comprehend this crucial truth. Not seeing the distinction betvveen standing and state has, no doubt, led many a new believer down the road of discouragement and despair. Our position is perfect, holy and without blame in Christ,and yet our state fluctuates (changes) from day to day. The believer continues to sin (to his dismay) and continues to experience the daily conflict between his new nature and the flesh (one of the solid proofs of salvation). Our standing and state will never be identical until the Rapture, the grand homecoming of the Body of Christ.  But until then we rejoice in our glorious standing and destiny secured for us "in Christ"

Richard A Mazek, Bible teacher

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 03:37:45 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ ~THE ABUNDANCE OF GRACE~ FEBRUARY 6, 2006

~THE ABUNDANCE OF GRACE~

Read Scripture: Ephesians 3:20-21

The grace of God is without limitation "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with Whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning" (James 1:17)

Ever before us are the undeniable fact of our total undeservedness and the constant and consistent dispensing of God's abounding grace. God sets forth no conditional terms in order to be recipients. "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly righteously, and godly, in this present world" (Titus 2:11-12). His free grace was offered to all who would believe for salvation. And after having so believed, we are provided with godly instruction in proper spiritual conduct pleasing to Him, which instruction is a further operation of His grace.

"God is able to make all grace abound toward you." (2 Cor. 9:8 ). So writes the apostle in this letter to the Corinthian church when admonishing and encouraging them to give freely of the substance which God supplies by His grace. The more receptive and responsive we are to the love and care provided by God's grace, the more freely does His grace shower upon us. Yieldedness, of course, is the key. The natural, human tendency is to become discouraged and desperate in the face of tribulation. "....But God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it" (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Pastor Robert Hanna

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 03:39:19 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ "BLESSED WITH ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS" FEBRUARY 7, 2006

"BLESSED WITH ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS"

Eph 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ"

When considering our positional blessings as believers saved by grace, we do well to remember how these blessings were acquired. True, it was "not by works of righteousness which we have done" (Titus 3:5). Consider our position in its full magnitude. We are "blessed with all spiritual blessings in the heavenlies IN CHRIST." "He hath chosen us IN HIM before the foundation of the world ... having predestinated us unto the adoption of sons by Jesus Christ TO HIMSELF ... He hath made us accepted IN THE BELOVED (ONE) (Christ).. in whom (Christ) we have redemption.. In whom also we have obtained an inheritance (in CHRIST)" (Ephesians 1:4-11).

All this -- and we are totally undeserving of it. We earned none of it "For by GRACE are ye saved .. not of works.." (Ephesians 2:8- 9 .) Note, however, that it did not all 'just happen' to come to pass. Throughout all past dispensations, man has been instructed as to what he must do to satisfy God's requirements in order to attain acceptance in His sight. In time past God had required blood sacrifice, circumcision, works of law, works of ceremonial rite, etc.

But what of today, in the age of grace? "To him that worketh not, but BELIEVETH ON HIM. THAT JUSTIFIETH THE UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness. Through verse 11 of Eph.  chapter 1 we have noted what we are and what we have IN CHRIST. Now on to verse 12: "IN WHOM (Christ) YE ALSO TRUSTED, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation."

Robert Hanna, Pastor

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 03:41:18 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ ~THE BLESSINGS OF GRACE~ FEBRUARY 9, 2006

"Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ"  Ephesians 1 :2-3

~THE BLESSINGS OF GRACE~

As Paul bade farewell to the saints at Ephesus. knowing that this was a sad and final parting, he comforted them, saying. "I commend you to God, and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (set apart)" (Acts20:32). God bestows many blessings on even the unregenerate. But it is those who are sanctified that receive the rich and satisfying spiritual blessings of which the apostle is speaking as he reassures the brethren.

The limitless scope of grace whereby we receive such blessings is often emphasized by Paul in his epistles. In the Ephesian letter he writes that God "is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20). And the assurance that this is so is our source of peace, which is in itself our greatest of all blessings. "For He (Christ) IS our peace..." (Ephesians 2:14) We are even instructed as to how we may most fully enjoy this most precious of gifts. "Be careful (anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God,which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6.7).

We are reminded, of course, that peace through prayer does not result from the granting of specific requests as we petition "For we know not what to pray for as we ought: but the Spirit Himself maketh intercession for us." (Romans 8:26). This comforting assurance is what brings us peace.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2006, 03:43:14 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ NOT HOW, BUT WHO! FEBRUARY 10, 2006

COLOSSIANS 3:1

"If (since) ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God."

NOT HOW, BUT WHO!
By M. Stanford

We never question how He works, once we know Him for who He is. When I gain the treasure of knowing Him I can well afford to trust Him.

The heart that is captivated by an object could never be at rest until it was with the one who had won it; for satisfaction you must be where He is. Love really does not think of anyone but its object until it is quite sure of its place with Him, and then when at rest about itself it studies the mind and heart of the Object.

I find that Christ loved me, and gave Himself for me when I was in a most unattractive state; but He makes me suitable to Himself, and I am so assured of the permanency of His love and of my association with Him that my heart is free to study Him. The more I am in His company, the more I acquire the tastes and characteristics which answer to His mind.

There is an amazing effect of beholding the Lord's glory. You may be transformed from some old taste without even feeling it; but you are transformed!  and you cannot tell how. It is not the process that occupies you, but you are engrossed with the Lord. We are united to the glorified Lord where He is at home, and, blessed by God, that is our home, our life is there.

"Your life is hid with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2006, 03:44:50 AM »

~Daily Inspirational~ ~A Warning Against Mysticism~ FEBRUARY 11, 2006

~A Warning Against Mysticism~

Col 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

In our verse we find that Mysticism was disqualifying the Colossian's daily walk with Christ, and was robbing them of their future reward with Christ (3:24). The false teachers probably intimidated the Colossians into believing they would be disqualified if they didn't follow their prescribed course. Mysticism is professing to have direct contact with God or direct insight into truth by some special means. In our verse we find four of the special means that were used.

The first was a voluntary or self-imposed humility, which could include asceticism. We can accept ourselves in Christ, but this rigid self-denial will only work toward self-occupation (vs. 23). The second was the worship of angels. Angels are ministering spirits, but they never were to be worshipped! This would be Demonism. It denies the union of the believer with the Head, Christ in Glory. The third intruding into the unseen. This would be visionary dreaming and Spiritism. This could also include Demonism. What a wide scope this covers! The last one was being vainly puffed up by the fleshly mind. God called it "the wisdom of this world" (1 Cor. 3:19); today it is called "Humanism." It could include: Rationalism, Intellectualism; Higher Criticism; Liberalism; Neo-Evangelicalism; Situation Ethics; etc. It is the mind of the sin nature and can only produce death (Rom 8: 6).

In verse 19 Christ as the Head of the Body, is not so much an issue of authority, as it is an issue that as the Head, He is the origin and source of the Body's nourishment. Therefore, we are to hold fast to Him "in Whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (vs 3). As the Body holds to the Head, we may experience "the increase of God!"

Pastor Dick Ware

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 219 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the