Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:04:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  GRACE AND THE TRUTH - DAILY INSPIRATION
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GRACE AND THE TRUTH - DAILY INSPIRATION  (Read 284015 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: August 02, 2016, 04:35:03 PM »

Trusting Christ as Your Life,
(part 2 of 4)

by Dr. Bill Gillham

Here's how trusting Christ to express His overcoming life through you works. Let's say that you have to get a fan fastened to the small frame on the ceiling by inserting three small bolts, using one hand to hold the bolt and the fan, holding the screwdriver in your other hand, and the two other bolts in your lips, while standing on a ladder wearing high heels (guffaw! just kidding). As you trust Christ as life, the first bolt lines up in the hole, but when you bring the screwdriver to bear, it slips off the bolt head, and you drop everything as you grab the fan with both hands. You think, Whew, Lord, we had tough luck on that one, but thank You for catching the fan. OK, let's try again. And the two of you go at it again. Perhaps it takes five or six tries to do the job, but you are having a time of camaraderie with Jesus Christ as the two of you work together to install a ceiling fan! That's pleasing to Him. That's a spiritual exercise. He longs for this sort of fellowship with you. He longs to build meaningful memories with you-just the two of you. This is the way you build a relationship with Christ! You and He can share some chuckles together over the battle that was won over those tiny holes in that crazy fan as you drive to work together the next day. Gang, this is the way you get to know Jesus Christ. This is the way you bond with someone. You don't have to wear a sandwich board proclaiming the end of the world in order to achieve this. This is the "normal Christian life" as author Watchman Nee called it. This is "lifting out" the metaphor of Jesus' being the vine and you being a branch. You experienced Vine-life while hanging a fan, by faith.

Phi 4:13  I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: August 04, 2016, 06:00:52 PM »

Trusting Christ as Your Life
(part 3 of 4)

by Dr. Bill Gillham

Here's still another illustration of what it means to trust Christ to express His life through you.

Forgive me for getting personal, but we all know that testosterone produces a higher sexual appetite than estrogen. Sometimes the farthest thing from a wife's mind is to respond to her husband's sexual overtures. This can be a burden to both spouses, which Christ can deal with. The husband can think: Lord, I'd like to fulfill my desire, but if You want me to back off, that's OK. I leave this up to You, Jesus. You are my life, and You won't make demands through me.

On the other hand, let's say that the wife is thinking: Lord, You know that I am not the least bit interested in this, but Your Word says that my body is not my own. I realize that my husband needs me to respond to him. So I trust You as my life, even in this. And she begins to act interested, believing that Christ is her life. Obviously, it may work the other way around, with the Lord giving the husband the message that he is to wait till a more appropriate time.

Hey, we don't hang Jesus on a hook in the hall when we enter the marriage bedroom. Sex is God's invention, not Satan's. Look at it this way: The electricity is the life of my electric sander. The electricity doesn't sand the board. It is simply the enabler which allows the sander to sand the board. I'm certainly not teaching a menage a trois, that Christ is having sex with us! Christ is the Enabler here. Christ as life through both husband and wife is God's solution to all relational problems, including marital sex problems.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: August 05, 2016, 06:05:47 PM »

Trusting Christ as Your Life
(part 4 of 4)

by Dr. Bill Gillham

The Christian who fellowships with Christ as I've illustrated in these anecdotes in the past few devotionals will soon become fast friends with Jesus. Wouldn't it be highly unlikely that a person who lives like this would snap at the kids or rag on his spouse? Of course. The developing, intimate relationship with Christ would so delight and strengthen this person that he would want to habitually practice letting Christ express life through him to do God's will on earth. Isn't that great? You wouldn't be controlled by a bunch of rules and regulations, but by the inner life of Jesus Christ (Rom. 8:2). The Holy Spirit of Jesus will long to obey God, yearn to, wish to, desire to and He will do all of this in you! That's right! This is what God means by saying that He has written His laws on our hearts and minds (Hebrews 10:16). This beats the daylights outta living under a bunch of rules or principles. It's the power-package provision of the gospel of Jesus Christ! Most Believers try to live their lives for Christ instead of doing it the biblical way? trusting Christ to express His victorious life through us.

==========================

Christ is our life (see Acts 17:28; Galatians 2:20; Philippians 1:21; Colossians 3: 4; Philippians 2:13) To become obsessed with anything other than Him is idolatry, even if that other obsession is religious rules. Perhaps the greatest danger in the American church is that we have lost our focus on Jesus Christ and have been focusing more on "Christian values;' which is merely morality by another name.

======================

Dear Father
You know that I have sincerely tried to live as a victorious Christian. I have done my personal best, but now I realize that has been my problem-it has been "my best" that I've trusted, instead of Your life. I repent of self-sufficiency and affirm that from this moment forward I will trust You to live through me. I choose to rest in You, depending upon You to cause the power of indwelling sin in me to stay in remission. You are my Victory, oh Lord. For that fact, I thank You, Amen

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: August 06, 2016, 05:42:12 PM »

THE GROUND OF FAITH
By JOHN McKAY, Pastor

Scripture Reading: Romans 10:17

Some think faith is a "blind leap in the dark" or believing something that is irrational. While Christians must admit that there are many things in faith and in science that can't be proven, the foundation of our faith is firm. It is based upon the written revelation of the Almighty God Who cannot lie.

Please notice that far from being a leap in the dark, our faith originates as the work of God. "This is the work of God, that ye BELIEVE on Him Whom He hath sent" (John 6:29). Our faith is "the faith of the operation of God" (Colossians 2:12). Human faith that originates in humans and terminates in human ideas of God the Father and the Son, will prove itself to be "vain" faith. Read I Corinthians 15:1-4. Perhaps more enslaving---although with the same outcome---is the satanic and demonic faith that brings another Jesus, another gospel, false apostles, angels of light, and ministers of righteousness to modern religious movements (II Corinthians 11:1-15). Many of these people have faith in faith itself and promote the kind of unhealthy super naturalism from below that produces signs and miracles which are inferior imitations of those produced for Israel's benefit by the Lord's true representatives (Acts 4:13-16, I Corinthians 13:8-10 and 14:22).

Our faith is not in faith. Our faith comes from the Lord and rests solidly upon the foundation of the Holy Bible. " .. .faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God" (Romans 10:17).

The beginning of our faith and the finishing of our faith has the Word of God as its foundation and the Lord Jesus as its worthy and glorious Crown.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: August 11, 2016, 03:53:55 PM »

Be Not Ignorant
By Charles Wages

The apostle Paul uses the expression "I would not have you ignorant" six times in addressing four cities—Rome, Corinth, Colosse, and Thessalonica.

The word "ignorant" simply means "without knowledge" and doesn't necessarily mean that a person is unlearned or retarded in normal knowledge. It does mean, though, that we all stand in need of instruction from God's word, and it is not God's will for us to be without knowledge.

In 2 Corinthians 1:8, Paul states, "For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure above strength insomuch that we despaired even of life." In reading and studying 2 Corinthians 1:8-10, we find that death and resurrection stand out clearly. We are told that we have "the sentence of death in ourselves" that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raiseth the dead.

This "sentence of death" was the direct result of sin. Romans 5:12 states: "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." Certainly, we should know that this sentence of judgment is beyond our control, therefore we should "not trust in ourselves" to save our own selves or to keep ourselves saved.

God would have everyone know that He has delivered His creation from the "sentence of death" through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. He lets us know that there is a continuous deliverance from this death. In 2 Corinthians 1:10, we are instructed that deliverance is threefold: past, present, and future. It is stated that "God delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver."

It would be wonderful if everyone was fully aware of the fact that they are sinners by nature and that they are "dead" in trespasses and sins, but that through Christ's death on the cross of Calvary they could be delivered from this death into a newness of life.

We must continue to give forth God's Word that men will "not be ignorant" of their lost condition and then inform them how they may be saved.

In 1 Thessalonians 4:13, the apostle introduces the great truth about the Lord's coming for His Church, by saying, "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren."

Again the fact of death and resurrection stands out clearly. This great theme is given that we should "sorrow not as others who have no hope" and that we should "comfort one another with these words."

The majority of people in the world, even the religious world, are ignorant of our Lord's appearing to gather His own unto Himself. No wonder there is so much sorrow—no wonder there is so little comfort. If people would only know and believe that "the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first; then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

The widespread ignorance of believing people concerning the "blessed hope" of the Church is causing despair and a sense of "giving up." Many of God's saints are "without knowledge" when it comes to His plans for His Church and for their individual lives. I am sure we are all ignorant of many things, but God is willing to reveal the wonders of His Word to us as we are willing to yield to Him and learn.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: August 17, 2016, 04:35:49 PM »

THE RESULTS OF SALVATION
Part 1 of 2

By John Baker

Scripture Reading: Ephesians 1:3-7

Upon belief of the gospel, we are saved from condemnation and assured of eternal life in heaven. However, there is much more that a believer has upon salvation. Just as salvation is given by God's grace, so the accompanying blessings are bestowed by God's grace. He has indeed "blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ" (Ephesians 1:3b)

In the next few articles we will look at what the Scriptures state that a believer is:
1. A part of God's eternal purpose-- The moment we are saved we are made a member of the church, which is the Body of Christ, "that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in kindness toward us through Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 27).
2. Reconciled to God-- As far as God is concerned all barriers have been eliminated. We have been drawn nigh to God because the Lord Jesus has taken away the obstacle between man and God. That obstacle was sin (See II Corinthians 5:18-21).
3· Forgiven-- All sins, past, present, and future have been forever forgiven. "And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven all your trespasses" (Colossians 2:13).
4. No longer condemned-- The unbeliever is condemned already. (John 3:18.) However, the believer has all condemnation removed. "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1).

Scripture Reading: Romans 5:1

As a result of being saved, the believer is:
5. Justified-- To be justified is to be declared righteous in God's sight. The moment we believe we are justified before God. We have been "justified by faith" (Romans 5:1). This justification was procured by the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. We have been "justified by His blood" (Romans 5:9). All of this was made possible by God's amazing grace. We have been "justified freely by His grace" (Romans 3:24).
6. Sanctified-- We have been permanently set apart unto God in our Lord Jesus Christ. He purchased us and we belong to Him (I Corinthians 1:30).
7. Made fit for heaven-- In ourselves we are totally unfit for heaven. Only God could make us fit for heaven. He has "made us meet (fit) to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light" (Colossians 1:12b)
8. Made accepted-- Our own righteousness is as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6) and is not acceptable to God. But by His grace we are made acceptable in the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:6).
9. Made the righteousness of God-- "For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (II Corinthians 5:21).
10. Sons of God-- We have been made the sons of God with all its privileges through our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:26).

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: August 17, 2016, 04:36:58 PM »

THE RESULTS OF SALVATION
Part 2 of 2

By John Baker

Scripture Reading: Romans 7:6

Upon believing we are:
11. Delivered from the law-- The law condemns sin and the sinner. In Christ Jesus we are "delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held" (Romans 7:6a).
12. Delivered from the power of darkness-- The power (authority) of darkness is Satan. We have been delivered from Satan and his authority over us (Colossians 1:13).
13. Translated into the kingdom of His Son-- Not only were we delivered from Satan and his authority, but we were translated (transferred) into the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ and under His authority (Colossians 1:13).
14. Complete in Him-- In this world the unbeliever is incomplete. That is why he is ever searching for pleasures and thrills to fill this void. The believer is complete (made full) in Christ (Colossians 2:9-10).
15. His inheritance-- As trophies of His grace the believer becomes a part of God's inheritance (Ephesians 1:18.).
16. Partakers of His inheritance-- As members of the Body of Christ, the believer becomes joint-heirs with Christ and partakers of His promise (Ephesians 3:6, Romans 8:17).
17. Seated in the heavenlies-- The believer has a position of honor and privilege at the right hand of God. He has "raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus: that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace..." (Ephesians 2:6b,7a)

Scripture Reading: Ephesians 1:7

As a result of receiving the free gift of salvation the believer is:
18. A citizen of heaven-- The believer is a foreigner in this world. That is the reason we are called upon to be ambassadors for the Lord Jesus Christ (II Corinthians 5:20). "For our conversation (citizenship) is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ" (Philippians 3.20).
19. Redeemed-- The Lord Jesus came with sufficient price for our sins, His own precious blood, and purchased out of the slave market of sin, in order that He might set us free (Ephesians 1:7).
20. Indwelt by the Holy Spirit-- "The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us" (Romans 5:5b). "But we are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be the Spirit of God dwell in you" (Romans 8:9a).
These are just a few of the blessings God has given to the believer. All these blessings are bestowed instantaneously upon the believer by God's grace. There is not one thing we can do to earn them nor is there any way we could repay God. For more examples see "Systematic Theology," Vol. III by Lewis Sperry Chafer and "Grace" by the same author.
We need to look at some of these terms in more detail The following lessons will help us do this.

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the