Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:31:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  BECAUSE I AM A CHRISTIAN
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BECAUSE I AM A CHRISTIAN  (Read 5186 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2006, 01:58:54 AM »

BECAUSE I AM A CHRISTIAN - Page 1

I am the salt of the earth.

Matthew 5:13 NASB  "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.

I am the light of the world.

Matthew 5:14 NASB  "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;

I am a child of God.

John 1:12 NASB  But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

I am Christ's friend.

John 15:15 NASB  "No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.

I am God's gift to Christ.

John 17:24 NASB  "Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

I am made right in God's sight by faith.

Romans 5:1 NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

I am at peace with God.

Romans 5:1  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

I am in the place of highest privilege and joyfully look forward to becoming all that God has in mind for me.

Romans 5:2 NASB  through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

I am rejoicing in troubles, for through them God is building me up and making me strong.

Romans 5:3-5 NASB  And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

I am reconciled to God.

Romans 5:10 NASB  For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

================================See Page 2

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 02:00:44 AM »

BECAUSE I AM A CHRISTIAN - Page 2

I am a receiver of God's grace that far supersedes my worst sin.

Romans 5:20 NASB  The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,

I am dead to sin and alive to God.

Romans 6:11 NASB  Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

I am a recipient of eternal life through Jesus Christ.

Romans 6:23 NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I am free of condemnation.

Romans 8:1 NASB  Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

I am free from the vicious cycle of sin and death.

Romans 8:2 NASB  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

I am a son of God; God is spiritually my Father.

Romans 8:14-15 NASB  For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

Galatians 3:26 NASB  For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 4:6 NASB  Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

I share in Christ's inheritance.

Romans 8:17 NASB  and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

I am protected. Who can ever be against me?

Romans 8:31 NASB  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

I am inseparable from God's love.

Romans 8:35 NASB  Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

===============================See Page 3

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 02:02:18 AM »

BECAUSE I AM A CHRISTIAN - Page 3

I am more than a conqueror through Christ.

Romans 8:37 NASB  But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

I am God's dwelling place. His Spirit and life dwells in me.

1 Corinthians 3:16 NASB  Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

1 Corinthians 6:19 NASB  Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

I am united to the Lord.

1 Corinthians 6:17 NASB  But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

I am a member of Christ's Body - the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST.

1 Corinthians 12:27 NASB  Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it.

Ephesians 5:30 NASB  because we are members of His body.

I am adequate for anything because my adequacy comes from God.

2 Corinthians 3:5 NASB  Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,

I am a saint.

Ephesians 1:1 NASB  Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are at Ephesus and who are faithful in Christ Jesus:

I am blessed with every spiritual blessing.

Ephesians 1:3 NASB  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

I am forgiven of all my sins.

Ephesians 1:7 NASB  In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace.

I am God's workmanship - His handiwork.

Ephesians 2:10 NASB  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

==============================See Page 4

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 02:04:18 AM »

BECAUSE I AM A CHRISTIAN - Page 4

I am a fellow citizen with the rest of God's family.

Ephesians 2:19 NASB  So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household,

I am righteous and holy in CHRIST. We will be perfected in CHRIST.

Ephesians 4:24 NASB  and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.

I am a citizen of heaven.

Ephesians 2:6 NASB  and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Philippians 3:20 NASB  For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;

I am strong in the Lord to fight off all of Satan's attacks.

Ephesians 6:10-17 NASB  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

I am able to do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13 NASB  I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

I am filled with God's power that works mightily in me.

Colossians 1:29 NASB  For this purpose also I labor, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me.

I am complete in Christ, filled with God, possessor of everything.

Colossians 2:10 NASB  and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;

I am a son or daughter of light and not of darkness.

1 Thessalonians 5:5 NASB  for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness;

=============================See Page 5

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 02:07:44 AM »

BECAUSE I AM A CHRISTIAN - Page 5

I am adequate, complete, equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:17 NASB  so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

I am able to come boldly before the throne of grace to find mercy and grace.

Hebrews 4:16 NASB  Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

I am a child of God and I will resemble Christ when He returns.

1 John 3:1-2  See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

I am loved.

Revelation 1:5 NASB  and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood--

Romans 5:8 NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

I am victorious.

Revelation 21:7 NASB  "He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

(My Note:  I have adapted part of the above from an unknown author. Please add to this beautiful list of things that we have in CHRIST. NOW: smile - LOOK UP - and always remember to give thanks that you are a child of the KING.)

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 02:25:35 AM »

I am a Christian because, Jesus died for me.

1 Thessalonians 4:14  For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will also bring with Him through Jesus those who have fallen asleep [in death].

You took all the best ones brother.... Cheesy

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 11:53:17 AM »

You took all the best ones brother.... Cheesy
LOL....every time I thought I had a good one, I re-read BEP's posts and realized he already posted what I was thinking, which is perfectly fine bye the way  Tongue

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 01:42:18 PM »

Hello Amorus,

Grin Brother, I did have some help with a list that someone else had already done. I've seen another list called "100 Free Things In Christ", and I thought that I had saved it on my computer. It might even be on the forum somewhere, but I can't find it. I really think that list could easily be expanded to 200, or maybe 500 if one took a strong look at atonement, sanctification, purification, redemption, inheritance, fellowship, strength, freedom, prayer, and the list goes on and on.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 14:6-7 NASB  Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 02:50:09 PM »

I am a blessing to others

Ga 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.

I am in agreement with God's Word, and I give the devil no opportunity by getting into worry, strife, unforgiveness, criticism, or idle and foolish talk.

Eph 4:25 Therefore, putting away lying, "Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor," for we are members of one another.

Eph 4:26 "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath,

Eph 4:27 nor give place to the devil.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 02:55:26 PM »

I am a new creature in Christ.

2Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 02:57:54 PM »

I am the apple of God's eye.

Zec 2:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
(KJV)

Firelight

~Live in His light~

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 07:57:44 AM »

Good morning everyone~

After reading this list... 'I am' ready to meet the day.   Smiley
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 10:58:58 AM »

I am fully able to fight all the enemy's darts because I have clothed myself with the armor of God

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 02:17:32 PM »

Yes, I am enjoying reading this thread.
Hello Amorus,

Grin Brother, I did have some help with a list that someone else had already done. I've seen another list called "100 Free Things In Christ", and I thought that I had saved it on my computer. It might even be on the forum somewhere, but I can't find it. I really think that list could easily be expanded to 200, or maybe 500 if one took a strong look at atonement, sanctification, purification, redemption, inheritance, fellowship, strength, freedom, prayer, and the list goes on and on.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 14:6-7 NASB  Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."
Yes brother and I'm thankful that the list goes on and on!  Cheesy

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 08:45:11 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Please read this slowly and carefully. It isn't a dream, rather a description of future reality. If this doesn't make you smile in joyous anticipation, I don't know what would.

Revelation 21:1 NASB  Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

Revelation 21:2 NASB  And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

Revelation 21:3 NASB  And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,

Revelation 21:4 NASB  and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

Revelation 21:5 NASB  And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He *said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true."

Revelation 21:6 NASB  Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

Revelation 21:7 NASB  "He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

Revelation 21:8 NASB  "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Revelation 21:9 NASB  Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, "Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb."

Revelation 21:10 NASB  And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,

Revelation 21:11 NASB  having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper.

Revelation 21:12 NASB  It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel.

Revelation 21:13 NASB  There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west.

Revelation 21:14 NASB  And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Revelation 21:15 NASB  The one who spoke with me had a gold measuring rod to measure the city, and its gates and its wall.

Revelation 21:16 NASB  The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal.

Revelation 21:17 NASB  And he measured its wall, seventy-two yards, according to human measurements, which are also angelic measurements.

Revelation 21:18 NASB  The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.

Revelation 21:19 NASB  The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald;

Revelation 21:20 NASB  the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst.

Revelation 21:21 NASB  And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

Revelation 21:22 NASB  I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Revelation 21:23 NASB  And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.

Revelation 21:24 NASB  The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it.

Revelation 21:25 NASB  In the daytime (for there will be no night there) its gates will never be closed;

Revelation 21:26 NASB  and they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it;

Revelation 21:27 NASB  and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the