Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:34:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  JONAH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: JONAH  (Read 3909 times)
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2003, 04:33:14 PM »

Usually on wednesday and saturday mornings I like to go (with members of by church) and seek people to share the gospel with, and good place to do it is in the center streets of the  city where I live, and sometimes at the park.

So yesterday, saturday morn, at the park we set a table with tracks and a banner of a picture of the towers on 911 (which always draws people) standing by a little table that we use.

And it wasn't long before a middle aged jewish fellow came by in a bike, claiming to be jewish and a christian, stopped to engage us in conversation, turned out he was a bible student, who had attended several schools of theology and some seminary, and had many Catholic friends which according to him, always argued with him, over the scriptures and the catholic teachings.

While speaking with him, he stated he did not believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, when I asked him, how this could be since he had stated as many do,

"I only believe what the bible teaches!"

And I shared with him, the prohecies concerning the Messiah,

He was to be prohet like unto Moses Deut 18:15,18-19 and the NT fulfilment Jhn 7:14-17.

Messiah was to be born of a virgin Isa 7:14 and the NT fulfillment Mat 1:18-25.

That the Messiah was to be rejected by His own people Isa 53:1-3, and its NT fulfillment  Jhn 1:11.

Messiah wa sto be crucified Psa 22:14,16-17 and the Nt fulfillment Mat 27:31

And that Messsiah would be in dead the belly of the earth three days and nights , just as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish three days and three nights, and arise from death on that third day.  Psa 16:10 , Mk 12:40  and Nt fulfillment of the prophecy Lk 24:1-6.

And amazingly he said Jesus never died, therefore never really was ressurected, he stated that Jesus was the second adam, and that if one understood the mystery of the first adam, one would really understand the mystery of the what the bible taught in metaphorical terms concerning the death burial and ressurection of Jesus, so I asked him, where one could find the mystery even alluded to.

So he pointed to the first Adam being put to sleep, giving way for the creation of Eve.

Likewise he said Jesus the second Adam, was put to sleep that the church which is to be made up of jew and gentile could be born or created by God.

I did ask him if he thought Jonah died, his answer was NO that God simply put Jonah to sleep, and this was the reason why Jesus used the story of Jonah to His own sleep while in the belly of the earth.

I asked him a few other questions, which didn't lead anywhere, except to reveal how confused this guy really was.

I have to admit that while I was talking with this fellow, I remembered this thread, and thought I would share when I got the chance.

Anyhow, this is an example of what I had previously shared herein, there are professing christians who do not believe in the death of Jesus, and use not only the story of Jonah to point this out but also the first Adam's sleep while God took the rib out of his side to create Eve, who is a metaphor for the church.

Now you know the rest of the story.

I am still wondering, is there anyone out there that can point to one, just one point of a christ like or type attribute Jonah possessed??

Anybody..............?

Blessings,

Petro

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the