Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:13:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Nuggets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nuggets  (Read 4241 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2006, 11:12:07 AM »

Heavenly Forecast: Reign Forever

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 11:12:59 AM »

Suffering From Truth Decay?   

Brush up on the Bible  Wink

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 08:54:23 AM »

A young Christian packing his bag for a journey said to a friend, "I have nearly finished packing.  All I have to put in are a guidebook, a lamp, a mirror, a microscope, a telescope, a volume of fine poetry, a few biographies, a package of old letters, a book of songs, a sword, a hammer, and a set of tools."  "But you cannot put all that into your bag," objected the friend. "Oh, yes," said the Christian.  "Here it is." And he placed his Bible in the corner of the suitcase and closed the lid. -Anonymous

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 08:58:11 AM »

The devil is not afraid of the Bible that has dust on it. -Anonymous

Not man's word about God, but God's word about man. -Barth

The American nation from its first settlement in Jamestown to this hour is based upon and permeated by the Bible. --James Brewer

Let the men of science and learning expand their knowledge and probe with their researches every detail of the records which have been preserved to us from these dim ages. All they will do is to fortify the grand simplicity and essential accuracy of the recorded truths which have lighted so far the pilgrimage of man. --Winston Churchhill

In this little Book will be found the solution to all the problems of the world. -- Calvin Coolidge

The word of God is in the Bible as the soul is in the body. -Forsyth

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 09:00:06 AM »

Hold fast to the Bible as the sheet anchor of your liberties; write its precepts in your hearts and practice them in your lives.  To the influence of this Book we are indebted for the progress made, and to this we must look as our guide in the future. --Ulysses S. Grant

It is impossible to enslave mentally or socially a Bible-reading people.  The principles of the Bible are the groundwork of human freedom. --Horace Greely

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 12:45:23 PM »

The highest earthly enjoyments are but a shadow of the joy I find I reading God's word. -Grey

No one ever graduates from Bible study until he meets the Author face to face. -Harris   

Wink Wink

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 12:48:05 PM »

All human discoveries seem to be made only for the purpose of confirming more and more the truths contained in the Holy Scriptures. --John Herschel

That Book, sir, is the rock on which this Republic rests. --Andrew Jackson

I always have said, and always will say, that the studious perusal of the sacred Volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands. --Thomas Jefferson

Wink  Wink  Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 01:06:10 PM »

Amen Sister Maria,

I must put this thread on my regular reading list. THANKS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:31-32 NASB  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 01:13:43 PM »

Amen Sister Maria,

I must put this thread on my regular reading list. THANKS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:31-32 NASB  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

No Thank you, Brother.   Cheesy

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 09:01:34 PM »

The Bible continues to be the best selling book; it is regarded as the most economical of all fire escapes. -Leader
                    Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength. --Robert E. Lee

All the good from the Savior of the world is communicated to us through this Book.... All things most desirable for man's welfare, here and hereafter, are to be found portrayed in it. --Abraham Lincoln

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 09:08:04 PM »

All the good from the Savior of the world is communicated to us through this Book.... All things most desirable for man's welfare, here and hereafter, are to be found portrayed in it. --Abraham Lincoln

I am profitably engaged reading the Bible.  Take all of this Book upon reason that you can, and the balance on faith, and you will live and die a better man. --Abraham Lincoln

But for this Book we could not know right from wrong. --Abraham Lincoln

All that I am I owe to Jesus Christ, revealed to me in His divine book. --David Livingstone

The book to read is not the one which thinks for you, but the one which makes you think.  No book in the world equals the Bible for that. -McCosh

I know the Bible is inspired because it inspires me. - D.L. Moody

You can't destroy the Bible!  It is like a cube!  Every time you turn it over it comes right side up! -D.L. Moody               Cheesy    Cheesy

Study the Bible with a telescope and after that study it with a microscope. - D.L. Moody

Smiley Wink             Smiley Wink

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 09:11:31 PM »

I thoroughly believe in a university education for both men and women; but ... a knowledge of the Bible without a college education is more valuable than a college education without the Bible.  Everyone who has a thorough knowledge of the Bible may truly be called educated, and no other learning... no matter how extensive... can form a proper substitute. -    William Lyon Phelps

Smiley Smiley   Smiley Smiley   Smiley Smiley   Smiley Smiley   Smiley Smiley   Smiley Smiley   Smiley Smiley

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 09:20:04 PM »

The Bible is the one Book to which any thoughtful man may go with any honest question of life or destiny and find the answer of God by honest searching. --John Ruskin

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose. -Shakespeare

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

The Bible is a harbor where I can drop down my anchor, feeling certain that it will hold.  Here is a place where I can find sure footing; and, by the grace of God, from this confidence I shall never be moved. -Spurgeon

Wink  Wink  Wink
When a home is ruled according to God's Word, angels might be asked to stay with us, and they would not find themselves out of their element. --Charles Spurgeon

Perhaps there is no book more neglected in these days than the Bible.  I believe there are moldier Bibles in this world than there are of any sort of neglected books.  We have no book that is so much bought, and then so speedily laid aside and so little used, as the Bible. -Spurgeon

Smiley   Smiley Smiley

It was for the love of the truths of this great and good Book that our fathers abandoned their native shore for the wilderness. --Zachary Taylor

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Be careful how you live; you may be the only Bible some person ever reads. -Toms

Wink Smiley    Wink Smiley    Wink Smiley

Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself, but because it contradicts them. --Unknown

Give me a Bible and a candle and shut me up in a dungeon and I will tell you what the world is doing. --Unknown

It is impossible to govern the world without the Bible. --George Washington

If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instruction and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity. --Daniel Webster

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 04:35:57 AM »

When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; When health is lost, something is lost; When character is lost, all is lost! -Anonymous

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Snarling at other folks is not the best way of showing the superior quality of your own character. -Anonymous

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Characters are achieved-not received.  They grow out of the substance of a man's soul. -Anonymous

Roll Eyes Shocked Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Strength of character may be acquired at work, but beauty of character is learned at home.
 --Henry Drummond

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Character gives splendor to youth, and awe to wrinkled skin and gray hairs. -Emerson

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Every man has three characters -that which he exhibits, that which he has, and that which he thinks he has. -Karr

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out. -Macaulay
                                      Shocked   Huh   Roll Eyes   Undecided  Wink   Shocked

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 04:39:28 AM »

Character building begins in our infancy and continues until death. -Eleanor Roosevelt
                                        Wink Wink              Wink Wink       

You can tell the character of every man when you see how he receives praise.
-Seneca

To be worth anything character must be capable of standing firm upon its feet in the world of daily work, temptation and trial; and able to bear the wear and tear of actual life.  Cloistered virtues do not count for much. -Smiles

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the