Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:59:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Nuggets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nuggets  (Read 4220 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 04:40:23 AM »

The first ingredient in conversation is truth, the next good sense, the third good humor, and the fourth wit. -Temple

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 04:42:52 AM »

A bad conscience embitters the sweetest comforts; a good one sweetens the bitterest crosses. -Anonymous

Wink  Wink  Wink  Wink

To enter into the world and there live firmly and fearlessly according to your own conscience, that is Christian greatness. -Anonymous

A sleeping pill will never take the place of a clear conscience. -Cantor

Wink   Wink  Wink

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 04:45:02 AM »

There is always a voice saying the right thing to you somewhere, if you'll only listen for it. -Hughes

Every man, however good has a yet better man within him.  When the outer man is unfaithful to his deeper convictions, the hidden man whispers a protest.  The name of this whisper in the soul is conscience. -Humboldt
                                          Shocked     Shocked         Shocked

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 10:07:39 AM »

Conscience is a sacred sanctuary where God alone may enter as judge. -Lamennais

Wink  Wink  Wink

Conscience is a walkie-talkie set by which God speaks to us. -Metcalf

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

There is no witness so terrible-no accuser so powerful as conscience. -Sophocles

Shocked

He was a fool who killed the watchdog because it alarmed him when thieves were breaking into his house.  If conscience upbraids you, feel its rebuke.  It is your best friend. -Spurgeon

Shocked Shocked Shocked

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 10:15:48 AM »

Conscience warns us as a friend before it punishes us as a judge. -Stanislaus
                                                   Shocked Shocked Shocked

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 10:27:52 AM »

If a man cannot be a Christian in the place where he is, he cannot be a Christian anywhere. -Beecher

Smiley Smiley          Smiley Smiley

The egg's no chick by falling from the hen, Nor man a Christian till he's born again.
-Bunyan

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
Sitting in a church pew for 6 months will not make you a Christian anymore than sitting in your garage for 6 months will make you a car.

Grin Grin Grin          Grin Grin Grin

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 10:36:37 AM »

Nobody can teach you how to be a Christian-you learn it on the job. -Clark
                                      Cheesy      Cheesy       Cheesy       Cheesy

The Scriptures give four names to Christians-saints, for their holiness; believers, for their faith; brethren, for their love; disciples for their knowledge. -Fuller

Wink Wink Wink Wink

A Christian is the keyhole through which other folk see God. -Gibson

Wink Wink

Many of us who profess to be Christians are so busy with the mechanics of our religion that we have no time left for the spiritual part of it. -Martin

Shocked Shocked Shocked

A church membership does not make a Christian any more than owning a piano makes a musician. -Meador

Wink Wink Wink Wink

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 10:44:12 AM »

I thought when I became a Christian I had nothing to do but just to lay my oars in the bottom of the boat and float along.  But I soon found that I would have to go against the current. - D.L. Moody
                                                   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

To be like Christ is to be a Christian. -Penn
                                                Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

A child of God should be a visible beatitude for joy and happiness, and a living doxology for gratitude and adoration. -Spurgeon
                                                  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

There are many in the Church as well as out of it who need to learn that Christianity is neither a creed nor a ceremonial, but a life vitally connected with a loving Christ. -Strong

Whatever makes men good Christians makes them good citizens. -Webster

Every Christian is either a missionary or an impostor. -Spurgeon
                                                         Shocked Shocked Shocked

The Christian cannot promise to do or not to do a given thing at a given time, for he cannot know what the law of love, which is the commanding principle of his life, will demand of him at that time.
--Leo Tolstoy

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 10:54:51 AM »

I've got a few to add to your collection from Will Rogers.

All I know is what I read in the papers.
Will Rogers

My ancestors didnt come over on the Mayflower, but they met the boat.
Will Rogers

Diplomats are just as essential to starting a war as soldiers are for finishing it.
Will Rogers

There is no income tax in Russia. But theres no income.
Will Rogers

Everybody is ignorant. Only on different subjects.
Will Rogers

I am just an old country boy in a big town trying to get along. I have been eating pretty regular and the reason I have been is because I have stayed an old country boy.
Will Rogers

No man is great if he thinks he is.
Will Rogers

Well hold the distinction of being the only Nation in the history of the world that ever went to the poor house in an automobile.
Will Rogers

Cheesy   Cheesy   Shocked   Roll Eyes

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 11:59:20 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Will Rogers is funny, I like him.  Grin Grin

Thanks for sharing those BEPs.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 03:10:16 AM »

Wink            Wink                 Wink            Cheesy
Love is the only service that power cannot command and money cannot buy. -Anonymous

It is a man's peculiar duty to love even those who wrong him. -Antoninus
                                           Cheesy                  Cheesy

A gift is freely given, and expects no return, Its reason is love.  What is first given is love; that is the first gift.  The Holy Ghost come forth as the substance of love, and Gift is His proper name. --Thomas Aquinas

Huh          Roll Eyes      Huh    Roll Eyes

Could we with ink the oceans fill and were the skies of parchment made and every stalk on earth quill and every man a scribe by trade, to write the love of God above would drain the oceans dry, nor could that scroll contain the whole though stretched from sky to sky. --Scribbled on an asylum wall

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 03:21:09 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy
Love spends his all, and still hath store. -Bailey

Cheesy Cheesy
Of all earthly music, that which reaches farthest into heaven is the beating of a truly loving heart.
-Beecher
We walk among worlds unrealized until we have learned the secret of love.
-Black
                                      Cool Wink   Cool  Wink Wink

Love isn't like a reservoir.  You'll never drain it dry.  It's much  more like a natural spring.  The longer and the farther it flows, the stronger and the deeper and the clearer it becomes. -Cantor

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 03:24:53 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
If we work upon marble, it will perish.  If we work upon brass, time will efface it. If we rear temples, they will crumble to dust.  But, if we work upon men's immortal minds, if we imbue them with high principles, with the just fear of God, with love of their fellow men, we engrave on those tablets something which no time can efface and which will brighten and brighten to all eternity. --Daniel
                                  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

To love someone means to see him as God intended him.
--Feodor Dostoevski

Wink      Wink      Wink      Wink
You will find as you look back on you life that the moments that stand out above everything else are the moments when you have done things in a spirit of love. --Henry Drummond

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 03:28:20 AM »

Instead of allowing yourself to be so unhappy, just let your love grow as God wants it to grow; seek goodness in others, love more persons more; love them more impersonally, more unselfishly, without thought of return.  The return, never fear, will take care of itself. -Drummond

Love is the purification of the heart from self.  It strengthens and ennobles the character, gives a higher motive and worthier aim to every action of life, and makes both man and woman courageous.  The power to love truly and devotedly is the highest gift with which a human being can be endowed. -Endsor

It is not a question of how much we know, how clever we are, nor even how good; it all depends upon the heart's love.  External actions are the results of love, the fruit it bears; but the source, the root, is in the deep of the heart. -Fenelon

If you would be loved, love and be lovable. -Franklin

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 09:20:46 AM »

Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots. -Hoosier Farmer
                                      Grin Grin  Shocked Shocked   Grin Grin

The beloved of the Almighty are the rich who have the humility of the poor, and the poor who have the magnanimity of the rich. --Saadia Ben Joseph
                                                     Wink Wink Wink Wink

If the tender, profound, and sympathizing love, practiced and recommended by Jesus, were paramount in every heart, the loftiest and most glorious idea of human society would be realized, and little be wanting to make this world a kingdom of heaven. --Friedrick Wilhelm Krummacher
                                                      Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

When any church will inscribe over its altars, as its sole qualification for membership, the Savior's condensed statement for the substance of both law and gospel, "Thou shalt love the Lord the God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind," and "... thy neighbor as thyself," that church will I join with all my heart and soul. --Abraham Lincoln
                                                     Wink Wink Wink Wink

Nor father or mother has loved you as God has, for it was that you might be happy when He gave His only Son.  When He bowed His head in the death hour, love solemnized its triumph; the sacrifice there was completed.
--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
                                                       Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the