Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:24:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  FREEWARE Open Office 2.02 Final is Out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FREEWARE Open Office 2.02 Final is Out  (Read 4156 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2006, 02:09:06 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I've been using Open Office 2.01 and previous versions, and I'm extremely happy with the entire package.

Open Office 2.02 Final is officially out, and there are supposed to be some great improvements. In fact, there are all kinds of extras that you can download now for it that are also free (ie. templates, clip art, spreadsheet and database samples, etc.). If I understand correctly, there is several hundred megs of extras that are also completely FREE WITH NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

In my opinion, this is better and faster than Microsoft Office, and it has many more features. I'm almost sure that SUN is behind this - the same folks who publish JAVA FREE to anyone who wants it. In short, it is:

1 - Completely FREE!
2 - No strings attached!
3 - No adware, virus, trojan, or any other problems of any kind.
4 - Set up takes minutes, and it works immediately.
5 - It's first class all the way.
6 - It's almost completely compatible with all Microsoft Office products, including SQL Database.
7 - There is no reason to spend $300 to $500 for an outstanding office suite when you can get it free. In fact, the work will go back and forth between Microsoft Office and Open Office.
8 - If I understand this correctly, 2.02 is also compatible with Word Perfect.
9 - Open Office DOES NOT hog your entire computer like Microsoft Office.

The Home Page for Open Office Final 2.02 is  http://www.openoffice.org/ 

You will have to do a search for the free extras, but you might be able to get most of them at      ftp://ftp.fsf.hu/OpenOffice.org_hu/devel/OOB680_m5_Premium/

The above site is Hungarian and FTP, but you can get English files on the same site. The Hungarian files include a "_hu" in the file names, and the English files have "_en" in the file names. I'll warn you now that there are some monster files, so you will probably need a fast connection to download the extras. I think that the program files are 89 megs, and the extra files are over 500 megs.

ENJOY!!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 3:11-13 NASB  This was in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him. Therefore I ask you not to lose heart at my tribulations on your behalf, for they are your glory.

Mizar
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 08:52:17 AM »

Tom, I'm a big fan of Open Source software and have been using OpenOffice.org, Firefox and Thunderbird for some time.

Here's another link to the extras you mention:

http://ooextras.sourceforge.net/
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 09:28:39 AM »

Hello Mizar,

First, WELCOME!

I'm looking forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

I really appreciate that link. I am really enjoying Open Office, not just because it's completely FREE. It's outstanding software that easily competes with commercial software. In fact, I do think it's better than Microsoft Office.

I just don't have the money for the expensive software, so I found out several years ago how to have great software on your computer and almost no money involved.

I also use Firefox and Thunderbird, and I think they are excellent. It's really ironic that they seem to run circles around their commercial competition.

I'm not completely cheap, but I do have to be careful with what little money I have. I do make some donations to the authors of FREEWARE and Open Source software that I use the most. I simply want them to stay encouraged and keep working so that average people can have first class software on their computers.

Mizar, I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:114 NASB  You are my hiding place and my shield; I wait for Your word.

Mizar
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 10:44:01 AM »

Thank you for the kind welcome! I have to admit I'm more of a browser than a contributor, but I'll scatter a few pearls from time to time I daresay.

Other OSS programs I have are The GIMP and Audacity, with freeware such as CDBurner Pro and Irfanview.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 11:11:07 AM »

Hi Mizar, Welcome to Christians Unite. I look forward to seeing a few of those pearls.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 04:40:48 PM »

Hi Mizar, Welcome to Christians Unite. I look forward to seeing a few of those pearls.

Hello Mizar, welcome to CU  Cheesy.

I just picked up one pearl (your link) and as does PR, I look forward to more pearls (the Godly pearls)

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Mizar
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 10:32:27 PM »

Hi aIa2w, and thanks for the welcome.

I'm the one who sneaks in 10 minutes late, sits at the back and hopes no one will notice. To have the attention of 3 Global Moderators (no less) is ... um ... quite an experience ...
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 10:45:56 PM »

I'm the one who sneaks in 10 minutes late, sits at the back and hopes no one will notice. To have the attention of 3 Global Moderators (no less) is ... um ... quite an experience ...

Don't let that bother you Mizar  ...  we don't bite.   Wink Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 10:51:05 PM »

10 minutes late  Huh  there's almost always at least 1 moderator here 24/7  Grin Grin Grin Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 11:20:04 PM »

Don't let that bother you Mizar  ...  we don't bite.   Wink Grin Grin

No we won't bite, but we have a penguin in the freezer .....er........watch out he got loose

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 11:20:54 PM »

No we won't bite, but we have a penguin in the freezer .....er........watch out he got loose

oooppps looks like he's melting

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 11:28:41 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

BLAD

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 03:36:53 AM »

are freeware safe.  i do not have any office in my Computer (i just bought it). so if these are free i wanted to download.  also, is there a C+++ free program i can download.  i just wanted to learn a bit programing (i have a friend who can help me use it). is the java free better than C+++.

anyway, i wanted to download open office later if it is safe.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 04:20:53 AM »

I don't know about any that are C+++ but yes the Open Office is completely free and is free from all spyware/adware. There are no attachments of that sort whatsoever with it.

BLAD

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 07:51:52 AM »

thank you Pastor Roger. i will download it and try it.

God bless you and your family
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the