Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:35:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Am I a Legalist ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I a Legalist ?  (Read 13667 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2006, 02:55:41 AM »

Hi again Kelly, and it seems to me that you and I are on the same page. I am in total agreement with what you have said.

It is not unexpected though we as Christians have God's Word and we knew that these things would happen so it shouldn't take us by surprise.

Love your friend and sister in Christ,
Maria

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
NorthStar

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2006, 10:44:27 PM »

Regarding your questions, I give thanks every day for all that changed with JESUS and the Cross. JESUS CHRIST is our Sabbath, and we rest in HIM 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I give thanks for that and I'm glad that it isn't limited to just one day a week. It's all days every week, and this is true for eternity.

For all eternity we will be keeping the 7th day sabbath Holy....in the New earth, (Isaiah 66:22,23), just as the Lord intends for us to do here, on this earth, in the present day....as per Christ's intructions.

I want to show my loyalty to Jesus, by keeping all 10 commandments, including the 4th.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2006, 11:24:25 PM »

For all eternity we will be keeping the 7th day sabbath Holy....in the New earth, (Isaiah 66:22,23), just as the Lord intends for us to do here, on this earth, in the present day....as per Christ's intructions.

I want to show my loyalty to Jesus, by keeping all 10 commandments, including the 4th.

Northstar,

You'll only be ignoring the cross and making Ellen G. White happy. If you don't have much more than that you and Ellen will be WARM to say the least.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2006, 11:36:05 PM »

Amen BEPs,

Mt 12:8 For the Son of man is lord of the sabbath.

Verse 8.   The Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath-day.]  The change of the Jewish into the Christian Sabbath, called the Lord's day, Re 1:10, shows that Christ is not only the Lord, but also the truth and completion of it.  For it seems to have been by an especial providence that this change has been made and acknowledged all over the Christian world.

Jesus Himself was a Jew therefore He was under the Law, and observed the Sabbath, however upon His crucifixtion He bought to completion the Law and the age of grace entered. We are saved by the shed Blood of Jesus, by accepting Him as our Lord and Savior. How can anyone accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior and still ignore the fact that Jesus came to fulfill the Law.
The Bible does not mention anything at all about observing the Sabbath after the Resurrection. Once Jesus was resurrected, and presented Himself to the Father, His disciples were no longer under the Law, they went from the the law unto grace.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2006, 05:28:02 AM »

2 Corinthians 3

"1.  Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?
 2.  Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
 3.  Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God;
not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
 4.  And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
 5.  Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
 6.  Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
 7.  But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
 8.  How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
 9.  For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
 10.  For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
 11.  For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

12.  Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
 13.  And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
 14.  But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
 15.  But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
 16.  Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

17.  Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
 18.  But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2006, 06:01:38 AM »

Amen Ollie!!

That's a beautiful portion of Scripture that paints the only path to Salvation, yielding to the perfect righteousness of JESUS CHRIST, placing all of our faith in HIM, and asking HIM to be the LORD over our lives.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 1:6 NASB  For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2006, 09:30:14 AM »

We are not under the law but this does not mean that we can sin as we so desire. For if we are truly saved we will not desire to sin. We will have the desire to follow in His footsteps. As long as we are in the flesh we will not be perfect and will not follow perfectly but it will be in our hearts to want to be.

2Co 3:3  Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

AMEN and all so Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

In HisService.........Tina

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2006, 03:47:43 AM »

The 10 Commandments were not the only law, the were part of the law. If you want to keep the law, then I believe you are denying the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, whereby He fullfilled the law and brought to completion. So if you are still under the lae, then your cannot be saved by grace. That also means you must still need to scrifice sheep for the remission of sins. sins you are rejectiong the Lamb of God as the perfect sacrifice once and for all for all mankind.

Mt 5:17 Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2006, 11:16:38 PM »

The 10 Commandments were not the only law, the were part of the law. If you want to keep the law, then I believe you are denying the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, whereby He fullfilled the law and brought to completion. So if you are still under the lae, then your cannot be saved by grace. That also means you must still need to scrifice sheep for the remission of sins. sins you are rejectiong the Lamb of God as the perfect sacrifice once and for all for all mankind.

Mt 5:17 Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2006, 12:06:13 AM »

Northstar, I see you are a follower of the cult of E.G. White.  What happens when her own prophecies didn't happen? The Bible says that is a sign of a false prophet. Yes I know she called herself a messenger.  This Sabbath-keeping requirement was supposedly confirmed in a vision received by Ellen G. White, rather than by study of the Bible.

E.G. White blames her failed prophecy on the members of the Seventh-day Adventist church! "Thus the work was hindered, and the world was left in darkness. Had the whole Adventist body united upon the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, how widely different would have been our history." 

As I said, she is a false prophet therefore, she was a tool of satan. A true Prophet, has prophecies correct all the time. With E.G. White missing just one, she proved herself a false prophetess.  Oh by the way, she missed more then just one.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2006, 05:33:40 AM »

Northstar you need to read those verses again. It does not say that we will be keeping the Sabbath day holy. It clearly says that we will be worshipping Him from one Sabbath to the next. That means that we will be worshipping Him everyday of the week, not just one day a week.

Isa 66:22  For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23  And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Whether you admit it or not, following the Sabbath teachings is following a false prophetess, E. G. White. It is not the teachings of Jesus Christ nor of His Apostles.

Col 2:16  Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17  Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

To go back to the law is to go back under the curse.

Gal 3:10  For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

When Jesus said that we are to keep His commandments He was not talking about the Mosaic or the Levitical laws.

Joh 13:34  A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 05:47:18 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2006, 12:13:23 PM »

For those who are stuck on the Ten Commandments, especially the second commandment:

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=5328.0

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
NorthStar

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2006, 12:00:48 AM »

Northstar,

You'll only be ignoring the cross ...
Actually, the cross of Jesus Christ was to pay the sin debt for me, which wiped out my past sins, enabling me to live a life without being dominated by sinful habits.
When Jesus said: 'go and sin no more'...I believe Jesus means what he said, don't you ?
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2006, 12:47:19 AM »

Actually, the cross of Jesus Christ was to pay the sin debt for me, which wiped out my past sins, enabling me to live a life without being dominated by sinful habits.
When Jesus said: 'go and sin no more'...I believe Jesus means what he said, don't you ?
Wrong, it is the blood of Christ, that allows you be forgiven.  The cross is empty, cause Christ isn't their anymore.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the