Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:16:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Answered Prayer (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Humbled Daddy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Humbled Daddy  (Read 3214 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2006, 10:40:42 PM »

Every so often, God throws you something that humbles you.  Sometimes it's bad.  Sometimes it's good.  Mine, came last night.  And it was good.   Smiley

As many of you know, I'm a father of two girls: Courtney, age 8, and Caity, age 4 (5 this May).  Courtney's been saved now for about 3 years.  All of the time we spent giving her God's simple plan of salvation seemed to go over her head most of the time.  But, one night after Wednesday night Awana, she came to her mom and asked her to help her ask Jesus into her heart.  Since then, she's done alot to make me believe that her decision was real.  One, would be her desire for her sister to come to know her Jesus.

We all have spent our time telling Caity about what Jesus did for her, and what God's plan for her salvation is.  And, as most parents know, each child is different.  Courtney is all heart.  Caity is my thinker.  She's been asking her mom and me about God alot lately.  Questions like, "Since God's a spirit, does He wear clothes?"  Smiley And many other child-like questions. Last night, Courtney and I were talking about (of all things) Blackbeard the Pirate and how he died!  Courtney said she was scared.  So...I asked her where she thought he was now.  She said he was probably in the Lake of Fire.  I said he probably would be, and was in Hell, and that he couldn't hurt her now.  She was pleased to know that she couldn't be hurt by a dead pirate...but her sister listened.

Later, when the two of them were going in to go to bed, they were talking about the Lake of Fire.  Caity asked Courtney how she could be saved.  Courtney said, "Go ask Daddy" and took her out to me.  We were sitting down to watch American Idol, and here comes Caity asking me how to be saved.  Needless to say, the TV got shut off.

I told her that the Bible says that we are all sinners and asked her if she knew what sin was.  She said that it's the wrong things that we do.  I told her that because of our sin, God has said we have to die, and that someday, her body would die, just like all of us.  I told her too that a part of her, was already dead, and patted her on her chest.  I said that if her body died with that part of her being dead too...she'd go to a place called Hell.  She sat very still and tense while she listened.  Then I told her that one day, God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit decided that that wasn't good, and that They decided that Jesus would be born on Christmas morning, live His whole life without sinning, and die on the cross for our sins.  I told her that God raised Jesus up from the dead 3 days later to show that He accepted Jesus payment for our sins.

Then I told her that God decided to give her a choice: she could pay for her own sins, by dying and going to Hell forever...or she could believe that Jesus paid for her sins.  I asked her what she wanted to do.  She said, "Believe."  So, choking back some tears, I prayed and she prayed with me, telling Jesus that she believed He died for her sins, was buried and rose again 3 days later, asking Him to forgive her for her sins, and save her.  When we were done, I asked her what she'd just done.  Caity gets pretty shy at times like that, so she just said "Christian!"  I asked her how she knew she was one.  She said "Believe in God!"  I asked her what she specifically believed, and she told me "Died for my sins!"

That humbled me greatly.  I didn't go out looking for someone to witness to.  God brought a very special someone straight to me.  Sometimes God moves Heaven and Earth to bring one to Himself.  Sometimes He moves a 4 year old girl to her Daddy.  Anyway you look at it, God moves.

I shared the whole thing with everyone for 2 reasons: 1. It's exciting!!  Smiley Smiley 2.  Even a child can understand God's simple truth - so long as we don't make it more complicated than it needs to be.  Maybe you're not a child, but this has hit home.  Maybe you've made it more complicated than it needs to be.  Maybe you don't know where you stand with God.  Well, now you can know.  God's plan is simple.  His love is full.  Won't you believe?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 10:43:24 PM by Allinall » Logged

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 11:09:12 PM »

Amen brother that is indeed great news.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 11:48:52 PM »

AMEN bro, thats great!!

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 11:49:56 PM »

I am so happy for you. As a father myself, I look forward to that day with my own daughter.

God is so good! Praise to Him!

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 11:53:03 PM »

Thanks Brothers!  Rookie, so do I.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 11:54:02 PM »

I am so happy for you. As a father myself, I look forward to that day with my own daughter.

God is so good! Praise to Him!

Now y'all make me feel old, all my kids are out of the house. And I'm only a young 48. Undecided

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 04:09:09 PM »

Amen! 
Allinall that is wonderful.  This is very much the same way that I was saved.  I remember it distinctly to this day.  I was four years of age and my mother had the duty of performing very much the same task as you.  I remember asking Jesus into my heart and distinctly remember knowing that is where he "lived."  I turned to him often in my childhood and even more as I grew older.  I felt very blessed to know him from such a young age. This story hit home!  Thanks for sharing.

See Mark 10:13-14
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 04:14:06 PM by Amorus » Logged

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the