Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:27:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Chanelle, how are things going?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chanelle, how are things going?  (Read 1278 times)
a.b.

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2003, 09:01:47 PM »

Hi Chanelle, I pray that you are doing well in your soul and that your son is growing strong in the Lord.

Please tell me how things are going with the belligerant girl at your son's school.  Don't give up the fight.  This is something worth fighting for, not only for your son and yourself, but also for others who will need to hear your testimony of how God is bringing you through this trial.  Don't give up; God is with you!
I pray for victory in Jesus name, Amen
chanelle

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 06:24:46 PM »

Hi a.b.

Sorry it took so long to respond.  I am busy lately.  School is going fairly well.  I am thankful for all the prayers and continued support.  The  future is always uncertain but give up I sure will not do.  My son hasn't had any altercations with the girl but some adults are staying on top of it.  I stay in contact with the teachers and have some professional help for my son.  I know the Lord has put people in our lives that he uses to help us.  Sometimes I get discouraged but mostly I just get tired.  I have moments just like my son does when I feel helpless but I trust in Jesus more then than at other times.  I am trying to show that same trust to my son.  
a.b.

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 11:24:43 AM »

Smiley  Wonderful!!  God is so good, isn't he?

As for being tired, I take it as meaning physically tired and mentally drained.  That is not surprising; you have a life full of activities that demand alot of attention and energy.  It kind of makes me think of the prophet Elijah when he was running away from Queen Jezebel (1Kings 18 & 19).  He had a very long day before Jezzy put out the APB on him.  First he challenged the idol worshippers to a duel.  When they lost, he slayed a whole bunch of them at the river.  Then he outran Ahab's chariot.  That's a full day!!  So when Jezebel said she was going to kill Elijah, Elijah's tired mind didn't think about God protecting him; he knew that the last time Jezzy wanted to kill the prophets of God, she killed a whole slew of them; this mass murdering queen always got her man - so Elijah ran away.  He didn't take any food, water, nor did he take his servant with him; he just ran!  (Ever been so tired you want to just hide out for a while?)  When Elijah stopped running, he fell asleep.  God sent an angel to feed him 2x's.  He told Elijah to eat for the journey ahead would be long.  When Elijah got back to where he belonged, he was refreshed and was not afraid.  When the armies tried to capture Elijah, he called down fire from heaven.  Now for some practical application...

Getting tired is unavoidable but there are some things that can
help you keep your strength up.  Check your diet and your resting habits.  Most people who have a rigorous schedule, neglect to eat well and get enough rest.  My husband has to take vitamin E and B complex to keep his physical and mental energy up.  He takes it in the morning before work, then again
around 2 or 3 o'clock.  When he forgets to take the afternoon
dose, he is so exhausted by 6 that he can't think straight and
he has a difficult time keeping me company.  But when he takes it, he has enough energy to cut grass in the evening and hold a nice conversation with me.  He also drinks peppermint tea (but if you are trying to be in bed by 9 or 10pm, don't drink peppermint after 2pm, it may cause you to sleep poorly.)

Well, I know you didn't ask for all that but I hope it helps.

You're a great mom and God is extra proud of you!!

your friend,
a.b.
chanelle

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 11:01:48 AM »

TO a.b.-The advice is good and godly.  Yes it helps.  As a matter of fact I am getting rest, even if I had to be ill for it to happen.  My resistance was probably down and now I have a stomach virus.  Vitamins would probably be a good idea.  My children are all doing fairly well, just taking one day at a time, sometimes one moment at a time.

Thanks again and God bless.
Chanelle
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the