Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:12:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Gospel of Judas???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Gospel of Judas???  (Read 1749 times)
spectre260
« on: April 14, 2006, 01:29:18 PM »

Can anyone tell me about the gospel of Judas? I heard some people spoke about it and I want to to know if it really exist. If it do exist, what is it about?
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 02:00:37 PM »

Can anyone tell me about the gospel of Judas? I heard some people spoke about it and I want to to know if it really exist. If it do exist, what is it about?

Spec, I don't have a lot of information to be able to tell you enough, but I can tell you this, it is blasphemous, and that is only one of the things the enemy is useing to mislead people. As soon as I have information I will PM you so you will be able to obtain it.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 02:06:30 PM »

The  The Gospel of Judas, is a tool of satan brother. We read in Matthew the Lord gives warning to us, on false prophets.

Matthew 24:3-4 While He was seated on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately and said, Tell us, when will this take place, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end (the completion, the consummation) of the age?  4 Jesus answered them, Be careful that no one misleads you [deceiving you and leading you into error].

Sister Maria is right though, it is blasphemous, and makes a mockery of the Bible. This is just one of the tricks of satan.

spectre260
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 02:11:49 PM »

I was looking up on the net about that and I was confused on what I read: "Judas 'helped Jesus save mankind' can you put a light on this? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4882420.stm I'm super confused 
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 02:24:41 PM »

I was looking up on the net about that and I was confused on what I read: "Judas 'helped Jesus save mankind' can you put a light on this? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4882420.stm I'm super confused 
I got as far as the National Geographic Society. I don't need to read no futher. The National Geographic Society has been shown to be against Biblical teachings. These link are here on the forum brother.

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=6658.msg117402#msg117402

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=5578.msg92549#msg92549

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=8630.msg129560#msg129560

Brother, this is clearly a tool, being used by satan. You may want to read this topic, it may make it clearer to you.
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=10244.0
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 02:27:05 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 02:33:57 PM »

The  The Gospel of Judas, is a tool of satan brother. We read in Matthew the Lord gives warning to us, on false prophets.

Matthew 24:3-4 While He was seated on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately and said, Tell us, when will this take place, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end (the completion, the consummation) of the age?  4 Jesus answered them, Be careful that no one misleads you [deceiving you and leading you into error].

Sister Maria is right though, it is blasphemous, and makes a mockery of the Bible. This is just one of the tricks of satan.

Spec, as DW already mentioned, it is a tool used by satan to decieve people. In the book the gospel of judas,  the author who considers himself an expert says that judas helped Jesus save the world, that if it had not been for judas, Jesus would not have been crucified and there would not have been a resurrection. it is trying to make a hero out of judas.

The truth is this GOD knew the end from the begining, back in the Garden of Eden, God said that the Seed of the woman meaning Jesus, would crush the head of the serpent meaning the devil. But even before God created mankind God already knew all things, He had already set His plan in motion.

judas is not a hero, God does not need man's help to carry out His eternal plan for mankind

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 02:35:44 PM »

This supposed gospel was written approxiamately 200 years after the death and ressurection of Jesus. It was written by a gnostic group, supposedly the Cainites, that tried to dispel the diety of Jesus. It claims that Jesus conspired with Judas to bring about his execution on the cross. It also claims that Jesus was never ressurected.

The Gospel of Judas does not claim to represent the original Christian faith. On the contrary its message is that the disciples have not learned the true gospel, which Jesus taught only to Judas Iscariot, which this part of the gospel exemplifies: "Knowing that Judas was reflecting upon something that was exalted, Jesus said to him: Step away from the others [the disciples] and I shall tell you the mysteries of the kingdom. It is possible for you to reach it, but you will grieve a great deal. For someone else will replace you, in order that the twelve [disciples] may again come to completion with their god."

It is thus a miscomprehension to think that the Gospel of Judas represents the original Christian message; it was authored to shore up the competing Gnostic philosophy. According to The Gospel of Judas, Jesus is a Gnostic teacher. (It is of course up to everyone to reflect on the probability that a Gnostic teacher (Jesus) should gather twelve disciples and then reveal his true teachings to only one of them.)

This writing makes a mockery of the entire Bible both the New as well as the Old testament.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the