Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:16:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Are Western Media Afraid Of Islam?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are Western Media Afraid Of Islam?  (Read 1551 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: April 13, 2006, 11:47:10 AM »

This picture is pretty much right on the nailhead.
For many,many years Islamists have portrayed Jews as the lowest form of life on earth, and have preached the Jews total extermination with hardly a blurb from anyone.

Then, the picture of Muhammad with a live bomb on his turban comes out, and there's such a violent uproar that western media refused to show the picture. For decades the western media has shown scores of anti-Jewish literature and photos without a second thought, and it continues to this day.

Are the western media actually afraid of Islamists? When the anti-Muslim pictures came out, every news station in North America soundly blasted it as insensitive and racist. However, they never seem to relay the same sentiments when it has to do with the Jews or Christians. Why is that?

John
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 12:10:14 PM »

That's because they can see the big stick that the muslims are carrying and can't see the even bigger stick (God) that the Jews and Christians are carrying.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 12:15:37 PM »

That's because they can see the big stick that the muslims are carrying and can't see the even bigger stick (God) that the Jews and Christians are carrying.

Walk softly and carry a big stick! Wink

John
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 12:33:52 PM »

Walk softly and carry a big stick! Wink

John
Said by, Theodore Roosvelt Cheesy

LittlePilgrim

Little pilgrim, walking down the road of life...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 11:15:02 PM »

Actually, the exact quote was, "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Teddy Roosevelt

Anyway, the American media has shown itself to be venemously anti-Christian, anti-Jewish... Anti-God in general. But we do not react as the Islamo-fascists do when our Lord's name is mocked. We bear it patiently, knowing that He will have the ultimate revenge in the end. And to a Christian, it is a blessed thing to be persecuted. Smiley

But it is different. Islam is about being honored, not being humiliated. These same people say that Christ did not die on the cross, but that Judas was instead put in his place. They do this because they believe our Lord to be nothing more than a prophet, a mortal man, greater than others but less than Muhammad. They do not stand for mockery of their prophet, or of Allah. Islam is a religion of lifting one's self up, not humbling one's self. And such makes the media afraid.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.

For I am only human, not some hero of the faith/ I'm merely an example of God's mercy and His grace/ I keep my eyes on Jesus when my gains become a loss/ As I stumble to the cross. -Stumble, Timothy Mark
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 11:28:57 PM »

And you are quite right.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 07:52:48 AM »

Brother Dave Hunt has written a book dealing with this topic called “Judgement day! Islam, Israel and the Nations.” It is an excellent book which I highly recommend to all. You can listen to audio conversations chapter by chapter between Dave and Tom at this address http://www.thebereancall.org/radio/radio/2005/2005.htm starting at 8/7/2005 program #3305a.

Pilgrim

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 07:46:29 AM »

I see that it is ok to mock.. make fun of Christian brliefs, but oh boy... someone make fun of Islam's god.. then all Holy war is declared. I for one am really tired of it!

Come quickly LORD JESUS!!!

Love.. Tina

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 08:35:16 AM »

AMEN!!

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 03:49:57 AM »

I see that it is ok to mock.. make fun of Christian brliefs, but oh boy... someone make fun of Islam's god.. then all Holy war is declared. I for one am really tired of it!

Come quickly LORD JESUS!!!

Love.. Tina
The reason Islam is such an angry religion today is because, so many Muslims are angry. The reason so many Muslims are angry is because most of them live under antidemocratic regimes, with lagging economies and shrinking opportunities for young people.

If you read between the lines, you can very clearly see what these Islamics are hoping for: more moral decay in the already evil and decadent West. This evilness would then be used as the reason for the mass slaughter that lies ahead. allah has demanded that the evil and sinful Christians be sent to the fires of hell and if Islamics are convinced that all Christians are evil, the followers of Mohammed can kill with a clear conscience.

As Mohammed sat scratching out the Quran, he knew his biggest threat was then, and would be in the future, the followers of Jesus Christians. Mohammed couldn't just disregard Jesus, however, for he was too important. So he cleverly managed to make only the followers of Jesus evil while elevating Jesus to the rank of a prophet.

Mohammed tried to convince the Jews that he was their promised Messiah, but they didn't believe him. Jews became the hated ones. Jews rejected Mohammed and they quickly felt his wrath. This blind hatred continues to this day. While Islamics hate the Jews, they don't see the Jews as a collective threat to Islam. Jews are just used for target practice. The war with the Jews is just a prelude for what is to come.

Christians, however, were a lost cause right from the start. Christians had already accepted Jesus as the promised Messiah long before Mohammed was even born. History told Mohammed that Christians were a stubborn bunch. They had been fed to lions, tortured, crucified, beaten, and still, Christianity thrived and grew. Even the powerful Romans could not stop them.

When many Islamic leaders came to pay homage to Pope John Paul II, the radical element of Islam was outraged. They seemed to say: How dare Islamic leaders show respect to the leader of the enemy! While the pope is the leader of the Catholic Church and not all Christians, many in Islam know that when the final battle begins, Christians will close ranks and they will look to a single leader to guide them. More than likely, it will be the pope. After all, many people believe that every Christian religion is a splinter group of Catholicism. We all believe that Jesus was the Son of God. That belief will unite us.

Islam has no central leader to look to for guidance. It is fragmented and disjointed. In short, Islam has pope-envy?

Islamics know there are not enough Jews in the world to stop them, but Christians, now that is a different story. I have found it fascinating that Mohammed paid little attention to Buddhists and Hindus. Both existed long before Islam. Is it that Mohammed didn't have much contact with anyone other than Jews and Christians, so they were just ignored by the all-knowing and all-seeing Mohammed? Mohammed seems to have overlooked millions of people who have no desire to follow the teachings of Islam.

Islamic hatred is directed right at the group of people that Mohammed knew would be the people to stand up to Islam and defeat his followers someday: The followers of Jesus Christ. In fact, that defeat has been predicted.

The future is already in motion around us and it will be up to the followers of Christ to face the followers of Mohammed. How long it will take and how many will die, I have no idea but I have no doubt as to the outcome. God cast out the devil once. He will do it again, with, or without us.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 03:52:06 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 06:51:29 AM »

The future is already in motion around us and it will be up to the followers of Christ to face the followers of Mohammed. How long it will take and how many will die, I have no idea but I have no doubt as to the outcome. God cast out the devil once. He will do it again, with, or without us.

Amen brother!  Wink

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the