Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:30:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christians Urged to Prepare for Sharing Truth After Da Vinci Code Movie Released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christians Urged to Prepare for Sharing Truth After Da Vinci Code Movie Released  (Read 6821 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 18, 2006, 06:26:56 AM »

Christians Urged to Prepare for Sharing Truth After Da Vinci Code Movie Released

By Steve Cable
March 17, 2006

(AgapePress) - The impending release of a movie version of the blockbuster novel The Da Vinci Code is stirring debate in Christian circles. To many, the release represents an attack on the Christian faith. Many others also see in it a door opener for sharing the gospel. The resulting impact will depend on how prepared Christians are to respond effectively.

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown combines a murder mystery with a conspiracy theory that challenges the foundations of Christianity. In this fictional story, Brown's protagonists discover that the Holy Grail is actually Mary Magdalene. According to their sources, Mary Magdalene was the wife of Jesus, the mother of Jesus' child, and the chosen leader of Jesus' church. This information has been kept from the world through a plot instigated by Emperor Constantine to hijack early Christianity for his own purposes. The conspirators commissioned a revised set of gospels promoting the deity of Christ while destroying more accurate documents portraying Jesus as only a great moral teacher. As one of Brown's fictional experts states, "almost everything our fathers taught us about Christ is false."

The Da Vinci Code movie, directed by Ron Howard and starring Tom Hanks, is scheduled for a May 19 release. Its release will introduce a broader audience to the disturbing claims of the novel. Should Christians ignore the movie, picket the movie, or encourage people to see the movie? Each of these positions is being espoused by at least one well known Christian. Whatever position one takes on viewing the movie, it is clear that Christians should be prepared to respond to the public reaction it for the following reasons:

Impact on Culture. The novel has sold over 30 million copies and the movie will be a major media event. According to research by the Barna Group, "Nearly one-third of adults (29%) contend that movies have had a substantial impact on the development of their personal morals, values and religious beliefs."

Challenge to Our Faith. Many Christians who are not well grounded in apologetics were influenced by the book, says Barna. "... 53% of a national sample of adults who have read The Da Vinci Code from cover to cover stated that the book had been helpful in their 'personal spiritual growth and understanding.'"

Opportunity for the Gospel. The novel/movie creates a natural bridge to eternally important topics. The ease with which these conspiracy theories can be unmasked as flimsy fictions can move the Christian into an authority role adding weight to their testimony.

Christians Urged to Prepare for Sharing Truth After Da Vinci Code Movie Released

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 03:47:52 PM »

Ok. The DaVinci Code is bad. We get it.

And if Christians only share the truth when there are big, public "anti-Christian" events such as this, then how much of a Christian are they really?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 08:31:27 PM »

And if Christians only share the truth when there are big, public "anti-Christian" events such as this, then how much of a Christian are they really?

Hello Sapphire,

There are millions of Christians who try to share the TRUTH and the GOOD NEWS every day. In fact, many of them are being beaten, tortured, put in prison, or killed for the attempt.

It's also true that the vast majority of Christians don't have big budgets, fancy movie equipment, and theaters to use in trying to do God's Work. So, it's pretty discouraging at times when we see the resources of the devil at work. One of the big things that Christians must learn is to keep working and not let the devil get us down. We can receive encouragement from the Promises of God that His Word will always be used and never return void. Maybe that should really be the big point of this thread.

It really doesn't matter how simple or meager the resources are of God's children in trying to spread the GOOD NEWS. God will use them and us to do His Will. We will need strength, determination, and encouragement to keep going, and we can get that from God's Word and each other.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Revelation 1:7-8 NASB  BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen. "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 08:46:22 PM »

Brother,

You are missing the point, you can point out to those seeing the movie in the Bible why the movie is bad. Your testimony Sapphire, can speak volumes brother. Use it to testify to those seeing the movie.

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 11:06:56 PM »

I personally, as well as those in my church family are using this opportunity to share the TRUTH ....

And Dear Sapphire, if you think that Christians only come out for media releases such as this, you obviously haven't been a Christian very long or you're a very weak one; because trust me little brother, WE'RE EVERYWHERE! Wink

Blessings ~

TalkerCat

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 12:05:16 AM »

I personally, as well as those in my church family are using this opportunity to share the TRUTH ....

And Dear Sapphire, if you think that Christians only come out for media releases such as this, you obviously haven't been a Christian very long or you're a very weak one; because trust me little brother, WE'RE EVERYWHERE! Wink

Blessings ~

TalkerCat

Sister Sapphire is only 17, and mature then most his age in Christ. In someways, he like to harrass us, with his comments. Roll Eyes  As only a teenage boy can do....... Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 12:24:23 AM »

TalkerCat,

Sister, you're right, we are everywhere and we're trying to yield to God in doing whatever He Will. I give thanks whenever I hear about or see the work that God is doing in these possible last days of the Age of Grace.

Here's something that I've been thinking about that I wish all Christians would think about. We all know that God could do BIG and HUGE things that would make the devil look silly, but God doesn't choose to do this. Instead, He is using His own children, working in and through them.

Think about this for a minute and see how you feel. I know that we are completely unworthy for Almighty God to use, but I also know that He wants to use us, and we feel Him leading us to do things for Him. It really doesn't matter how big or how little the task is that HE wants us to do, it's a matter of honor and love for us to simply yield and do His Will.

Please think about the partial explanation of a secret that is explained in the Holy Bible. You will see portions of Scripture that say something like this, "These things I tell you that your joy might be more full." They usually pertain to good works, Christian living, Christian testimony, and many other positive things that Christians should and could do. They really boil down to instructions for Christians to be happy and joyful in JESUS. There are many levels of joy and happiness, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise to find out that the more yielded a Christian is to God, the happier and more joyful that Christian will be. When you hear or feel the leading of the Holy Spirit, just say, "Yes LORD, Your Will be done." Don't just say it, mean it with your heart, rejoice that God wants to use you, and go do His Will. Know that God will equip you for the work He wants done, and pray that He will help you do and say ONLY the things that will bring GLORY to HIM.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 1:9-12 NASB  For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 08:03:44 AM »

"Christians of Convenience", maybe?  Undecided

Oh wait! That was a rhetorical question, right?  Wink

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 08:06:52 AM »

And Dear Sapphire, if you think that Christians only come out for media releases such as this, you obviously haven't been a Christian very long or you're a very weak one; because trust me little brother,....

Huh Huh Huh

WE'RE EVERYWHERE! Wink

But are "we" sharing the truth?
Or are we only "united" when it's "against" something?

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 08:58:57 AM »

Huh Huh Huh

But are "we" sharing the truth?
Or are we only "united" when it's "against" something?

I'd just like to make 1 comment here, I have already posted on this subject on another thread.
All Christians should  be united in Jesus and ALL should be sharing the truth  always, while we are able to do so. Many Brothers and Sisters are losing their lives here on earth for dong just that in spite of the fact that they know what awaits them.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 04:30:19 PM »

I can always count on sincereheart to understand me.  Wink

I didn't mean to turn this into a whole thing. Heck, I didn't even read the article. It's just that the title of the thread makes it seem like, as sincereheart put it, we should only be Christians when it's convenient for us.

Because, let's be honest, it's a lot easier to witness if you're witnessing against something tangible.
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 04:32:44 PM »

And Dear Sapphire, if you think that Christians only come out for media releases such as this, you obviously haven't been a Christian very long or you're a very weak one; because trust me little brother, WE'RE EVERYWHERE!

...And for the reasons stated above, this offends me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 04:42:22 PM »

And Dear Sapphire, if you think that Christians only come out for media releases such as this, you obviously haven't been a Christian very long or you're a very weak one; because trust me little brother, WE'RE EVERYWHERE!

...And for the reasons stated above, this offends me.

Don't be offended Sapphire. Your posts are short and sweet and therefore easy for someone to misunderstand if they don't already know you. I've been here almost two years now and I still have a hard time understanding the meaning of some of your posts.

I must agree with your statements though as the Bible tells us we must be ready in season and out of season.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 12:59:48 AM »

Don't be offended Sapphire. Your posts are short and sweet and therefore easy for someone to misunderstand if they don't already know you. I've been here almost two years now and I still have a hard time understanding the meaning of some of your posts.

I must agree with your statements though as the Bible tells us we must be ready in season and out of season.

I have been here, just short of two years (3 more days is 2 yrs.) I have finally figured him out. He is a normal teenager brother. Who like to make off the wall comments at times. I believe it is called scarsm.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 03:03:31 AM »

I have been here, just short of two years (3 more days is 2 yrs.) I have finally figured him out. He is a normal teenager brother. Who like to make off the wall comments at times. I believe it is called scarsm.

I don't understand teenage boys, abd I;m not even going to try. Believe me nothing is harder than trying to understand teens, I raised 3 girls, now I am raisibg 2 more teens and it's still as hard as it was when I went thru my other daughter's teenage years.
So little brother don't think I ignore your posts, I just sometimes don't know what to make of them. So I don't respond.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the