Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:27:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christians Urged to Prepare for Sharing Truth After Da Vinci Code Movie Released
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christians Urged to Prepare for Sharing Truth After Da Vinci Code Movie Released  (Read 6818 times)
kestrel

Remember them that are in bonds... Heb. 13:3

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2006, 11:59:24 AM »

...I have finally figured him out. He is a normal teenager brother. Who like to make off the wall comments at times. I believe it is called scarsm.

I know many "normal teenagers" and he certainly doesn't qualify as one. (That's a good thing, Sapphire W34PON. Not that normal ones are bad... They aren't.)

Return to the LORD your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love.

~Joel 2:13 NIV
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2006, 04:16:56 PM »

I know many "normal teenagers" and he certainly doesn't qualify as one. (That's a good thing, Sapphire W34PON. Not that normal ones are bad... They aren't.)

This is the only thing I'm going to say about "normal" teens:  I must be  extraordinarily blessed because not one of the teens I live with (nieces, nephews, grandson) are disrespectful or sarcastic. Not one would even dream of correcting a person of authority.  Be that what it is, I have an attitude with smart alecs.

Blessings~

TalkerCat

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2006, 04:20:20 PM »

I know many "normal teenagers" and he certainly doesn't qualify as one.

What's normal?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 11:17:41 PM »

I know many "normal teenagers" and he certainly doesn't qualify as one.

What's normal?

Hello Sapphire,

Great Question! I don't think that there is an answer for that. I remember being a teenager 40+ years ago, and I seem to remember changing my attitude and opinions about things almost daily.  Cheesy  Is that normal? I don't know.

Let's see:  1) determine who you are;  2) determine what you want to be;  3) determine how to get there; 4) change your mind and start over. In the meantime, old people over the age of 20 who aren't very smart keep messing with you. Am I close?  Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 5:14-16 NASB  "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;  nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.  "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2006, 07:38:02 AM »

Be that what it is, I have an attitude with smart alecs.

Watch out, DW!  Grin

TC, Should we be praying for you about that "attitude"?  Wink

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 07:41:58 AM »

Let's see:  1) determine who you are;  2) determine what you want to be;  3) determine how to get there; 4) change your mind and start over.

I can't even begin to count the number of times I changed my major!  Lips Sealed

In the meantime, old people over the age of 20 who aren't very smart keep messing with you. Am I close?  Cheesy

ROFL!  Grin

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 08:16:55 AM »

ROFL!

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2006, 08:22:09 AM »

Just for you, Sapphire W34PON  Wink

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2006, 11:55:07 AM »

TC, Should we be praying for you about that "attitude"?  Wink

Please do Sister.  It looks like I'll need help adjusting to the sarcastic, disrespectful young people of today.  When I was 16, 17 .... 18 years old I held my elders up in high esteem (I still do) so forgive me for expecting that from kids today. ( For the record, I have never found DeeDubya to be disrespectful or unkind).

Blessings~

TalkerCat

kestrel

Remember them that are in bonds... Heb. 13:3

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2006, 02:34:15 PM »

...This is the only thing I'm going to say about "normal" teens: I must be extraordinarily blessed because not one of the teens I live with (nieces, nephews, grandson) are disrespectful or sarcastic. Not one would even dream of correcting a person of authority. Be that what it is, I have an attitude with smart alecs...

...It looks like I'll need help adjusting to the sarcastic, disrespectful young people of today. When I was 16, 17 .... 18 years old I held my elders up in high esteem (I still do) so forgive me for expecting that from kids today...

TalkerCat:
I was extraordinarily disappointed in your responses. Although I clearly understand that no saint on earth is perfect, your cold-heartedness and judgementalism shocked me. I was greatly blessed by many of your earlier posts. Apparently your lack of love for "smart alecs" is your weakness.

As professing Christians, we are blatantly sinning when we look down on others, judging them. How are you to know someone's heart? Any form of prejudice is evil, be it towards different races, different opinions, or those with different mind-sets or ways of expressing themselves. We must show God's kindness to all. As the saying goes, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." It's obvious you can show His love to others - I've seen it shine through many of your posts. Try showing it to all, even those you apparently loathe. Don't look down on anyone - try to see them through Jesus' eyes. How do you think God feels when you show derison to another one of His children, no matter who? You know He doesn't show favoritism, as it states in many Scriptures.

As you said in "Re: GOD don't want you to have TATTOO",

Isn't "making a statement" what we're commanded to do? By Jesus?  Aren't we supposed to be "making a statement" about the TRUTH? and sharing "The Good News"?  My tee-shirt reads "Believer", what does yours say?

What kind of statement are you making?

Dear sister, I don't mean to preach at you! I just hate to see anyone getting stepped on, no matter who's doing the stepping. The only reason I'm even saying anything is because I understand how hard it is sometimes. Recently one of my co-workers has, shall we say, "gone to the dark side of the Force". She's a very unhappy lady, I believe, and though she says she's a Christian, she's doing more harm than good. She has the nasty little habit of talking about others behind their backs, gossiping and spreading lies, sometimes to the point of being openly hateful and malicious (most recently, and most vindictively about myself, but others on occasion). It hurts. However, I've found that the more love you show someone bothering you (whether they do so intentionally or unintentionally)... You just can't imagine how wonderful it is! Whether or not they "act better", you know deep in your soul that you did the right thing. It's a beautiful feeling. I hope you can share it soon.

With love in Christ,
kestrel

Return to the LORD your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love.

~Joel 2:13 NIV
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2006, 05:07:47 PM »

brothers and sisters, I think all concerned here need to take some time out. What I see here is people accusing someone of something and then doing just that same thing themselves.

A lack of understanding people and their intentions is easily done on a forum such as this when we cannot see the expressions and meanings behind what is said.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2006, 06:47:45 PM »

My apologies! I was trying to inject laughter to lighten things up and apparently failed. My reference to DW was a joking reference to him referring to himself as a smart-aleck ("smarty pants") in another thread.

I apologze most especially to Sapphire W34PON who's not even here to defend himself. In my efforts to lighten things up, it seemed to just fuel the fire. And now it feels like "gossip" since he's not here.

So for my part in all this, please accept my apologies to all concerned!

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2006, 09:13:27 PM »

This got ugly and it was never meant that way.  Anyone that goes back through the thread will read that I simply don't appreciate disrespect.  That's all it ever was.  I don't know anyone that likes to be disrespected, let alone by someone that's too young to shave!  Kids these days are extremely rude but it's not entirely their fault.  Society "spares the rod and spoils the child" so now we have an entire generation of people with no respect for their elders, with rare exception, vis a vi my blessings.  BTW: Kestrel, I am FAR from cold-hearted!   You slandered me for no reason.  I checked with the moderators who gave me a "thumbs up" in my posting.  You don't know me, so don't call me names!

TalkerCat

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2006, 10:14:00 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

As a career police officer, I know that the subject of teens is a very "iffy" subject, and it really needs to be put into context with one's thoughts at the time from their perspective. It appears there are several perspectives being considered in the last few posts, and I have a few other perspectives from law enforcement.

First, I can tell all of you that I taught my children to show respect, and there were obviously many things that I didn't tolerate. I'm sure that the same is true for all Christians who love their children.

I knew teens who were already career criminals at 13 years old. I also knew alcoholics and drug addicts at 10 years old. I worked with many teens who didn't live to 20 and many others who had their third or 4th trip to prison by age 20. In short, I'll tell you that I remember many who broke my heart and the hearts of other police officers who had been working with them, on and off duty.

Parents were most often the primary cause for teens who were headed for prison or the grave, but that wasn't the case all of the time. There were actually many cases where the parents became prisoners in their own homes and threatened or abused by their own children. I know that sounds odd, but it was really pretty common, especially when gangs, alcohol, dope, and single parent homes were involved.

It's true that I don't know how to define a normal teen, but I have a pretty good idea about how to describe decent teens who have a very bright future and they're simply struggling through the very difficult teen years. I probably also have a pretty good idea about how to describe exceptional teens who might be leaders or anything else they might wish for the future, and those I mainly know from church settings.

It hasn't been long ago that guns became the most common way for a teenager to die. I say this only to make a point that society obviously doesn't have a very good handle on ways to deal with teens in the gangs, dope, and other things associated with going down a path to their own doom. I have many ideas about how parents should have done different things, but it's really too late in the teen years to correct out of control problems that have been brewing for the majority of the teen's life. It definitely involves teaching respect for authority, the parents being the first to receive proper respect. However, you now have to talk about parents who were drug addicts, alcoholics, and involved in criminal activity or otherwise very poor role models in teaching anything, especially respect for authority. So, teens who are out of control or on a path to doom probably had a lot of neglect and/or abuse from improper parents.

I mainly wanted to mention a few things that would illustrate how multi-faceted this discussion could be and is. Regarding Sapphire, he probably fits into the category of exceptional teens who will be leaders or whatever else they wish in the future. That doesn't suggest that they don't have a few rough spots to go through. I don't know of any teens who don't have a few problems to deal with.

Ref. this thread, I really think there were some misunderstandings because of folks thinking in different perspectives - all correct I might add. But, regardless of how many perspectives our society has tried to think about teens, many of the results are a crying shame for a civilized country. There has to be better answers, more perspectives considered, and society as a whole trying to stop what is happening to SO MANY teens in this country. I have dozens of pictures of their faces still in my mind - the ones who went to their dooms.

In my heart, I'm positive that raising children in the LORD is the biggest key to having a young adult ready and able to make it in this harsh world. I am so happy that I knew and got to see many teens over my career who did make it, and they will be the leaders with a happy and productive life. What good and caring parents can't do, JESUS is with the Christian teens, and I smile every time that I think about them. This should be a matter of prayer for every Christian all over the world.

Name calling is not proper when Christians are involved in a reasonable discussion. It might even be good to get some input from Sapphire for this discussion. I know beyond any doubt at all that fine young adults are not an accident, and you would be surprised to find out how many fine young adults have been involved with police and other agencies in trying to find solutions. After all, many of them have become victims of the gang members, dope dealers, and other criminal types.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 37:39-40 NASB  But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; He is their strength in time of trouble. The LORD helps them and delivers them; He delivers them from the wicked and saves them, Because they take refuge in Him.

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2006, 10:34:09 PM »

Sweetpeas: Your words are like balm to a wound.  Thank you my friend.

=^..^=

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the