Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:42:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  FREEWARE Open Office 2.01 Is Out! - MS Office Compatible
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FREEWARE Open Office 2.01 Is Out! - MS Office Compatible  (Read 1507 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2006, 11:07:48 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I've been using lower versions of Open Office now for about 2 years, and it's great. I had been waiting for the new release of 2.0 before changing again, but they seemed to jump to 2.01 pretty quickly.

COMPLETELY FREE!! - NO STRINGS ATTACHED!! I know that people have a hard time believing that completely free software is outstanding, or they think that it's just a gimmick to give you a crippled product and sell the real product. Open Office is the real product, completely free, no strings attached, and it is EXCELLENT!

Open Office is almost totally compatible with Microsoft Office. I haven't found anything that isn't compatible, but Open Office does not claim 100% compatibility. I might get the numbers off a little bit, but here goes anyway:  I've used 1.04, 1.11, 1.97, and now 2.01. It works as advertised and is a first class Office Suite. In fact, it is my opinion that Open Office is better than Microsoft Office. There are now entire governments switching to the new Open Office. YES, it is that GOOD! I must add that the documentation is also excellent.

If you want to do word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and more that is compatible with Microsoft Office, download your FREE COPY from the below address:

http://www.openoffice.org/

Keep your $500 in your pocket.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 6:10-14 NASB  For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 02:17:25 PM »

Quote from: beps
Keep your $500 in your pocket.
Your right Billy-boy Gates, don't need the money! Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 09:37:35 PM »

Dreamweaver,

It's also fairly well known that Microsoft had a plan designed to cause all people to either buy new office suites or upgrade office suites every 5 years. Just the upgrades for Microsoft Office are over $200.

Open Office is keeping up with the upgrades and still charges ZERO!, and it is backward compatible. I really can't think of a single reason why anyone would spend money for an office suite when they can get the OUTSTANDING Open Office FREE!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 3:24-26 NASB  When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Do not be afraid of sudden fear Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence And will keep your foot from being caught.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 10:50:37 PM »

Dreamweaver,

It's also fairly well known that Microsoft had a plan designed to cause all people to either buy new office suites or upgrade office suites every 5 years. Just the upgrades for Microsoft Office are over $200.

Open Office is keeping up with the upgrades and still charges ZERO!, and it is backward compatible. I really can't think of a single reason why anyone would spend money for an office suite when they can get the OUTSTANDING Open Office FREE!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 3:24-26 NASB  When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Do not be afraid of sudden fear Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence And will keep your foot from being caught.
Brother,

You don't have to sell me, I use Open Office. Grin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the