Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:29:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Dressing Modestly: A long sleeve V-neck with a tube top as an undershirt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dressing Modestly: A long sleeve V-neck with a tube top as an undershirt  (Read 12353 times)
sparks

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2006, 11:39:07 PM »

Note: I posted a similar topic to the Women only tread for the purpose to compare different gender perspectives.

this time im also would like to know the male perspective

Pls refer this weblinks below...

the long sleeve sweeter style looks like this:

the plain white tube top:  

My questions

Fashion style: My friend wears similar style to that of the above weblinks with a long-length of peasant skirt but she's has a small breasts so i think i cant really prejudge her to be a show off in showing her non-existence cleavage...

Questions

1. talking about a girls' fashion, does wearing a girl's top (tube top) as her undershirt with a long sleeve sweeter look modest?

2. Does wearing this makes seductive to the teen and adult male species?

3. Why does the girls' upper chest (V neckline) has to be commonly expose in most fashion clothing?

4. Does exposing V neckline makes girls feel self-consious in our society today?
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 12:02:24 AM »

To me personally your pictures show to much cleavage. That is not dressing modestly, as the Bible tells us to dress.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 12:09:32 AM »

Tube tops do not fall in line with apropriate wear, no matter what kind of figure a woman has.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 01:25:22 AM »

I am female and I agree with my brothers ~ the two depictions of ladies garments shown on your message do not represent modest   dress.  (A tube top is inappropriate "clothing" no matter where it's worn ~ let alone at church!).  We ran this same topic thread in the Woman's Only forum

Shocked Thanks for letting me "peek" into the Men's forum.  Sometimes you guys need a woman's viewpoint and being a talkercat I just can't help putting in my two-cents!  Grin

Blessings~
Terri

ggamble

My hope is in my calling.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 02:13:22 AM »

Amen, Brothers & TalkerCat

Well, it does not take rocket science to figure out the answer to this question.
No,  it's not modest, friend
and if justification is what the root of it is, then, theres the answer also. NO
  But hey,  Modesty means MODEST, no loop holes, or v-necks,  or any type tubetops to that.

only always for Jesus
in the love of a brother
ggamble
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 09:43:22 PM by ggamble » Logged

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 02:29:40 AM »

It is my own opinion brothers, and sister, that this type of dress code is an abdomation of God.

Now, this is my idea, of modest dressing, for women.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 03:26:33 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 05:20:12 AM »

Amen, brothers and sisters. Modesty is of the utmost importance for both Christian men and women. If it is style, designer clothes,  that is of concern there are many clothes that are being made today that are appropriately modest clothing.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 04:54:56 PM »

I kinda get the impression that sparks might be a young lady whose parents objected to what she was wearing and is wanting our support in her chosen style of clothes??

I guess she didn't get what she wanted. Grin

jesusisthelight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 12:45:32 AM »

ok sorry I just want to say if a lady has endowed figure, no matter what she wears will still show her figure, the curves etc, so if she is not wearing tubes or bare back top but normal clothes that are sold in the market, wouldn't it still attract people's attention? I do not think nowadays ladies would wear especially big and loose clothes that does not show any curves?

So do you guys mean as long as the lady does not wear tube and tight-fitting clothes is ok even it means we can see ladies endowed figure. So does it mean the Chinese cannot wear Cheongsam "A long dress with a high collar and slit skirt, traditionally worn by Chinese women" cos' that enhances a lady's figure making it looked endowed.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 01:19:41 AM »

jesusisthelight, my own feeling are, the less skin showing the better. I know quite a few younger women who wear looser fitting clothing to show less shape. I am 48, and these kids (good grief!) are anywhere between 16 to 28. So yes, I'm old enough to be their dad.

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 10:29:19 PM »

jesusisthelight, my own feeling are, the less skin showing the better.

I agree and I'm a woman!  I never show my "endowments" but I'm always well dressed.  Working in a business office for most of my career I developed a "business sense" style of dress.  It began because I did not want to look like a "bimbo" to all the men I worked with.  Those men had respect for me, and guess what? They dissed the "girls" that showed cleavage and thighs.  So the fact that I have curves was never an issue, because I didn't make it one.  Women that wear flesh revealing clothes WANT to be looked at . . . I really hate it when a woman says she dresses that way for her own 'self'   ~   if that's TRUE, then she has very low self esteem and is looking to find (negative) attention because some attention is better than none.  Just MHO.  Grin

Blessings~
>^..^<
TalkerCat

RESPECT YOURSELF

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 01:45:15 PM »

Well then I s'pose I'll have to be the lone dissenter.... *sigh*

Since the responses consist of opinions only; then my opinion is that the outfit first pictured WITH the tube top isn't immodest...
Course I personally wouldn't wear any of the clothing pictured! But I find nothing in Scripture against it.
UNLESS PR is correct.  Grin
Then I find that "obey your folks even if you disagree" part is still there.  Wink

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 10:50:33 PM »

What appears immodest is that the models appear to have no undergarment over the breasts. therefore displaying breast outline through the clothes which are not immodest other than the dress's V neck comes down too far. It should be higher or something worn underneath. Also the tube top model is not immodest if the tube top is worn with undergarment but the immodesty is down below and is also gross with the stomach hanging out.

Young women of today need to class up their act. They seem to lack good taste.

Support your local Christian.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 12:27:38 PM »

I agree and I'm a woman!  I never show my "endowments" but I'm always well dressed.  Working in a business office for most of my career I developed a "business sense" style of dress.  It began because I did not want to look like a "bimbo" to all the men I worked with.  Those men had respect for me, and guess what? They dissed the "girls" that showed cleavage and thighs.  So the fact that I have curves was never an issue, because I didn't make it one.  Women that wear flesh revealing clothes WANT to be looked at . . . I really hate it when a woman says she dresses that way for her own 'self'   ~   if that's TRUE, then she has very low self esteem and is looking to find (negative) attention because some attention is better than none.  Just MHO.  Grin

Blessings~
>^..^<
TalkerCat

RESPECT YOURSELF

I agree with Terri, too many woman, young ladies and teens show too much. They want to be looked at, they want to draw attention to their bodies and not to their character, personality, or their intelligence. I dress quite elegantly, I get many compliments from many people at church, yet my clothes is very  modest and before I even walk out the door I ask my husband for his opinion. A woman can dress modestly and elegantly and look much better than the way some people dress now a days.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 12:48:58 PM »

Amen Sister Maria,

If a person is looking to attract another for the purposes of a relationship then the physical attration is one of the least of concern. A realtionship that is built on physical attraction alone is one that is doomed to failure.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the